Frenemies of TalkRational:
Nontheist Nexus |  Rants'n'Raves |  Secular Cafe |  Council of Ex-Muslims |  The Skeptical Zone |  rationalia |  Rational Skepticism |  Atheists Today | 
TalkRational Archive  

FAQ Rules Staff List RSS
  TalkRational Archive > Discussion > Life Science Discussions

Life Science Discussions Biology, Natural History, etc.

05-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #2646243  /  #176
osmanthus
Bent member

: Jun 2008
: Australia
: 7,101
osmanthus

:
I have to say this has been a massively entertaining episode of the Dave show. Can we also cover the other bet i saw from a while back, where the wager involved checking if, when one shits in a hole in the ground, it takes more than a week for the turd to become indistinguishable from the rest of the soil?

Because nothing could be funnier than Dave arguing that while indeed, what he just dug up may look, feel and indeed smell somewhat like a week-old turd, it has in fact many of the hallmarks and wonderful characteristics of healthy, life-giving soil already so in spirit what he is holding in his hand is a lovely and fragrant piece of Gods own gift to the world.
That would be totally awesome. We have so gotta do this! I've been laughing since I read your post five minutes ago. It would be comedy gold.
  topbottom
05-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #2646254  /  #177
VoxRat

: Mar 2008
: 46,746
VoxRat

:
Dave will "forget" to get a receipt, or "not realize" the octohatted actually needed evidence of his "payment", obviously we should just take him at his word. Trust him.
Well so far even his word is just that he will - at some point in the unspecified future - pay NCSE $100.

I'm waiting for him to at least say he HAS paid.
  topbottom
05-05-2016, 02:01 PM   #2646302  /  #178
RAFH
Robot Architect From Hell

: Lori's Place.
: 32,022
RAFH

:
I have to say this has been a massively entertaining episode of the Dave show. Can we also cover the other bet i saw from a while back, where the wager involved checking if, when one shits in a hole in the ground, it takes more than a week for the turd to become indistinguishable from the rest of the soil?

Because nothing could be funnier than Dave arguing that while indeed, what he just dug up may look, feel and indeed smell somewhat like a week-old turd, it has in fact many of the hallmarks and wonderful characteristics of healthy, life-giving soil already so in spirit what he is holding in his hand is a lovely and fragrant piece of Gods own gift, via his anointed servant Bluffy, to the world.
FIFY

It's Holy Shit you know.
05-05-2016, 07:00 PM   #2646422  /  #179
thatsneakyguy

: Sep 2014
: 610
thatsneakyguy

Lol at militant ignorance.

Very succinct description.

:

Because nothing could be funnier than Dave arguing that while indeed, what he just dug up may look, feel and indeed smell somewhat like a week-old turd, it has in fact many of the hallmarks and wonderful characteristics of healthy, life-giving soil already so in spirit what he is holding in his hand is a lovely and fragrant piece of Gods own gift to the world.
That would be an awesome bet, but with Dave you have to spell out the terms specifically, make sure there is a time limit, and put the funds in escrow – i.e. leave no weasel room.

You know if Dave were as smart as he claims to be he should be making these bets all the time.
There are so many fields of study where he runs circles around other people.

If he is going to post here anyway why not make money at the same time? Kill two birds with one stone.

Hell Dave could earn a nice profit just from making these kind of bets.
Sustainable income with little effort.

And since he doesn’t mind taking money from gullible rubes there are no ethical problems either!
  topbottom
05-05-2016, 08:19 PM   #2646479  /  #180
Faid
just as bad

: 22,052
Faid

I just remembered: Dave ALSO owes the NCSE 500 bucks from a bet he lost to me!

See, he was stupid enough to bet I had denied all French influence on the Portuguese language.

I won't press on him to pay, though. Like he said, we should be generous to the poor.

Seeing his $100 receipt for VoxRat's wager will suffice.
05-05-2016, 10:31 PM   #2646544  /  #181
SomecallmeTim
That's no ordinary rabbit!

: Mt. View, CA
: 6,101
SomecallmeTim

:

See, he was stupid enough to bet I had denied all French influence on the Portuguese language.

I won't press on him to pay, though. Like he said, we should be generous to the poor.

Dave still owes NCSE $1000 from the bet he lost and welshed on back in 2008 over the use of evolutionary theory in sustainable agriculture.

Once a welsher always a welsher.

"You can think of Sanford as your mentally retarded cousin" - Dave Hawkins
  topbottom
05-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #2646548  /  #182
VoxRat

: 46,746
VoxRat

:
:

Dave still owes NCSE $1000 from the bet he lost and welshed on back in 2008 over the use of evolutionary theory in sustainable agriculture.

I started to document the back and forth on that bet, but I got to the end of the thread where it started, and didn't know where - if anywhere - it picked up. Can you take it from here?
  topbottom
05-05-2016, 11:01 PM   #2646561  /  #183
SomecallmeTim
That's no ordinary rabbit!

: Mt. View, CA
: 6,101
SomecallmeTim

:
:
:

I started to document the back and forth on that bet, but I got to the end of the thread where it started, and didn't know where - if anywhere - it picked up. Can you take it from here?
Done. Follow this link to the thread.

"You can think of Sanford as your mentally retarded cousin" - Dave Hawkins
  topbottom
05-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #2647041  /  #184
Seven Popes

: 1,497
Seven Popes

DAVE!!! Pay your debts, man.
What, exactly, are you suggesting that I DO with the animals the other 23 1/2 hours per day? Medicate them? Feed them corn? Sit out in the field all day with a rifle and watch for coyotes? Maybe read the latest fiction novels to them? Bake cookies for them? Sing hymns to them? Give them haircuts? Give them baths? Braid their hair/feathers?

I need some suggestions here Investor Popes, Helper of the Homeless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hawkins View Post
It may take a couple years ... Teeth healing with diet isn't particularly fast ... In the mean time, I'm enjoying the freedom from pain and sensitivity ... And it's quite convenient to only brush once a week or so
  topbottom

TalkRational Archive > Discussion > Life Science Discussions

"i lost" means i won, *stomps foot*, .heads i win, .tails i don't lose!, cough it up yo, dave the blatant liar, dave the charitable, dave the deceiver, dave the generous, hawkins welchathon!, i will never lose!, it's over when i say so!, militant ignorance, still franoogling, waaaaah, winning by losing, youre all big meanies sob

X vBulletin 3.8.6 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.08974 seconds
  • Memory Usage 4,011KB
  • Queries Executed 37 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below