Frenemies of TalkRational:
Nontheist Nexus |  Rants'n'Raves |  Secular Cafe |  Council of Ex-Muslims |  The Skeptical Zone |  rationalia |  Rational Skepticism |  Atheists Today | 
TalkRational Archive  

FAQ Rules Staff List RSS
  TalkRational Archive > Discussion > Alternative Science Subforum

Alternative Science Subforum Everything from novel but testable hypotheses to Pseudoscience

09-22-2015, 09:54 PM   #2564927  /  #26
buttershug
Hung
Zaptonia Defense Champion, Summer Sports Match Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Budapest Defenders Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Flash RPG Tower Defense Champion

: Dec 2010
: 26,430
buttershug

:
:

Yeah that's all very nice, but the uncertainty principle has a specific mathematical form which relates conjugate variables and quantifies the level of uncertainty. Could you tell us what that mathematical form is please? I'm not even asking you about your certainty principle now, you can just go and google the uncertainty principle and tell me what the mathematical form is for say, Energy and Time or Position and Momentum (those are nice easy ones)
Since my new discoveries were pointing to the actual nature of particles, I think that I had to discovered too a different equation to solve that problem. But I cannot use the existing equation since that is for sure wrong since that equation was based on the wrong assumption.
You keep making wrong assumptions.
And do not look for being wrong.

Your egg experiment is a perfect example.
You were looking for confirmation, not being wrong.

Robert Anton Wilson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3YQ24i1wP0
  topbottom
09-23-2015, 03:01 AM   #2565004  /  #27
Jet Black
Finding Things Out
Mod: ASS, LSD, Phys Sci

: Dec 1969
: 31,476
Jet Black

:
:

Yeah that's all very nice, but the uncertainty principle has a specific mathematical form which relates conjugate variables and quantifies the level of uncertainty. Could you tell us what that mathematical form is please? I'm not even asking you about your certainty principle now, you can just go and google the uncertainty principle and tell me what the mathematical form is for say, Energy and Time or Position and Momentum (those are nice easy ones)
Since my new discoveries were pointing to the actual nature of particles, I think that I had to discovered too a different equation to solve that problem. But I cannot use the existing equation since that is for sure wrong since that equation was based on the wrong assumption.
Ok, but what is one of the current equations. That's all I'm asking, not whether it is right or wrong or whether you can use it.
09-23-2015, 04:48 PM   #2565140  /  #28
Steviepinhead

: Mar 2008
: Seattle, WA
: 36,673
Steviepinhead

Did MrID eat Ms. Socrates?
  topbottom
09-24-2015, 09:22 AM   #2565427  /  #29
Faid
just as bad

: 22,052
Faid

Ohhhkay, looks like I didn't miss much did I?
09-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #2565434  /  #30
Jet Black
Finding Things Out

Jet Black

:
:
:

what is the egg experiment?
09-24-2015, 09:57 AM   #2565436  /  #31
Faid
just as bad

Faid

OMG I just read the previous discussion. Wow.
The egg experiment is- something that is best experienced, not described. It is not a mere experiment, but a state of mind. A very peculiar mind.
09-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #2565439  /  #32
buttershug
Hung
Zaptonia Defense Champion, Summer Sports Match Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Budapest Defenders Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Flash RPG Tower Defense Champion

buttershug

:
:
:
:

He tried to see if he could drop an egg onto tissue and not have it break.
IT not breaking proves he has intelligence.

Robert Anton Wilson
  topbottom
09-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #2565440  /  #33
Jet Black
Finding Things Out

Jet Black

Is anyone else suspicious of the way that MrID and Socrates are both talking about 2D time?
09-24-2015, 04:51 PM   #2565537  /  #34
Faid
just as bad

Faid

Maybe MrID is Yann?

*mind blown*
09-25-2015, 12:54 AM   #2565646  /  #35
Dean W
What difference does it make?

: Jun 2009
: 6,796
Dean W

:
:
:
:
:

But the hen that laid that egg didn't break it either. Who's to say that the act of the hen laying the egg didn't subject it to as much or more stress than dropping it into a pile of tissue. So, by MID logic, that would make the hen at least as intelligent as he is. Yet he's gone on record as saying that not even chimps, bonobos, or orangutans have intelligence.
09-25-2015, 09:40 AM   #2565686  /  #36
Jet Black
Finding Things Out

Jet Black

:
:
:
:
:
:

But the hen that laid that egg didn't break it either. Who's to say that the act of the hen laying the egg didn't subject it to as much or more stress than dropping it into a pile of tissue. So, by MID logic, that would make the hen at least as intelligent as he is. Yet he's gone on record as saying that not even chimps, bonobos, or orangutans have intelligence.
It probably subjected it to more stress than he did; when the hen laid the egg, the egg was very soft - only later does it harden to stop any damage from unintelligent processes.
09-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #2565745  /  #37
Faid
just as bad

Faid

What the hell, let me think about this for a minute...

Problem: Keep the egg from breaking.

MrID's solution: Use a box with a gradually increasing amount of soft-tissue layers.

Chicken's solution: Make a nest.

Both solutions work.

It would seem that, according to MrID, he and the chicken are at least equally intelligent in terms of 'solving the problem'. On top of that, the chicken's solution is way less Rube Goldberg-esque.

Am I missing something?
09-26-2015, 12:21 AM   #2565903  /  #38
DaveGodfrey
Demoderated

: Jan 2010
: 10,613
DaveGodfrey

Mammalian solution: Give birth to live young.
09-26-2015, 01:02 AM   #2565911  /  #39
Monad
Rabbit in your headlights
Mod: LSD, Phys Sci

: UK
: 13,346
Monad

:
:
:
:
:
:

Which shows he has no clue about what intelligence is.
  topbottom
09-26-2015, 04:06 AM   #2565953  /  #40
woof
-

: Feb 2009
: 8,329
woof

:
Mammalian solution: Give birth to live young.
Meh. The Placoderm Solution, them fur-bags were Johnny-come-lately's in the live birth business.
  topbottom
09-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #2566017  /  #41
buttershug
Hung

buttershug

:
:
:
:
:
:

Which shows he has no clue about what intelligence is.
He started with the conclusion that God created humans, differently than all the other animals and had to make his work fit that conclusion.

Robert Anton Wilson
  topbottom
09-26-2015, 08:13 PM   #2566049  /  #42
Jet Black
Finding Things Out

Jet Black

Did someone give MrID's home address to Bart? I'm worried we have another TR murder on our hands.
09-30-2015, 05:43 PM   #2566722  /  #43
Jet Black
Finding Things Out

Jet Black

Seriously, did one of you people murder him and then keep logging into his account to cover your tracks?
09-30-2015, 08:56 PM   #2566810  /  #44
Alfonso Bivouac

: Dec 2009
: UK
: 1,612
Alfonso Bivouac

:
Seriously, did one of you people murder him and then keep logging into his account to cover your tracks?
Unfortunately his latest experiment showed him to be naturen.

topbottom
10-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #2567029  /  #45
Jet Black
Finding Things Out

Jet Black

maybe he should have added a tissue.
10-02-2015, 12:19 AM   #2567333  /  #46
Entropy

: Dec 2009
: Canada
: 7,605
Entropy

:
Soccy is gone too? Will Dave be next?!?!
  topbottom
10-02-2015, 01:29 AM   #2567358  /  #47
Resi
Another devil

: Jan 2012
: Tasmania
: 4,200
Resi

He's alive and well and entertainig a fresh forum.

http://www.antievolution.org/cgi-bin...ST;f=14;t=9680
10-02-2015, 03:22 AM   #2567400  /  #48
Steviepinhead

: Seattle, WA
: 36,673
Steviepinhead

Which "he"? I'm only seeing MrID over there, not Soccy...
  topbottom
10-02-2015, 09:05 AM   #2567427  /  #49
Hárbarðr

: Nov 2009
: 3,945
Hárbarðr

:
Which "he"? I'm only seeing MrID over there, not Soccy...
Not Socrates.
I hope that he has finally realized that he has wasted years of his life and is doing more useful things.

Although, finding out he is on another forum, and watching him work toward getting himself banned would be more entertaining.

More entertaining and interesting would be if he manages not to get banned.
  topbottom
10-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #2567430  /  #50
Hárbarðr

: Nov 2009
: 3,945
Hárbarðr

:
He's alive and well and entertainig a fresh forum.

http://www.antievolution.org/cgi-bin...ST;f=14;t=9680
Wow. That place is even deader than TR.
  topbottom

TalkRational Archive > Discussion > Alternative Science Subforum

X vBulletin 3.8.6 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.20322 seconds
  • Memory Usage 4,602KB
  • Queries Executed 74 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD
  • (1)ad_footer_end