Frenemies of TalkRational:
Nontheist Nexus |  Rants'n'Raves |  Secular Cafe |  Council of Ex-Muslims |  The Skeptical Zone |  rationalia |  Rational Skepticism |  Atheists Today | 
TalkRational Archive  

FAQ Rules Staff List RSS
  TalkRational Archive > Discussion > Theology, Hagiography and Creeds

Theology, Hagiography and Creeds for discussion of religion(s), secularism and related issues

07-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #1484721  /  #951
Requiem
Dubstyle.

: Mar 2009
: i forget
: 23,616
Requiem

:
:
:
:
the question koy now needs to ask himself: are some political trends...
Already answered,
See: http://talkrational.org/showthread.p...19#post1476819

:
no formative manipulation beside perhaps political machinations.
What an intellectually dishonest douchebag.
Or a thick fucker.
Or both.

Koy, you are an intellectually dishonest thick fucker, go away, you suck, you stupid douche.
  topbottom
07-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #1484724  /  #952
Requiem
Dubstyle.

Requiem

:
:
:
:
:
:
A religion is a set of beliefs about the supernatural.
Typically a system (hence a structure) of beliefs, attitudes, and practices. And "the supernatural" is only part of what those things are "about".

Sounds a lot like a religion.
Then Amway isn't a cult. Scientology isn't a cult.

Cool, I'm signing up to both of them tomorrow.
Thanks Koy, phew, what a relief. 3k for the basics, bargain!
Ah, CatsDont - I guess that you DON'T KNOW about the Pyramid Marketing thing about Amway, do you ???? It's PURE Marketing - with a Feel Good thingy attached to the puppy !!!!!
Ever been to a meeting? Ever interacted with them? Ever been to a convention?
I have, it's a cult, all the experts agree. You're uninformed, as are most people here unsurprisingly.

:
And CatsDont - I see that you've NEVER heard - about the SUPERNATURAL thingy about Thetans in Scientology -
:
In Scientology, the concept of thetan (pronounced /ˈθeɪtən/ thay-tən) is similar to the concept of spirit or soul found in other belief systems. The term is derived from the Greek letter theta, which in Scientology represents "the source of life, or life itself."[1] In Scientology the Thetan is believed to command the body through communication points.[2]

Thetans have been described in the Church of Scientology in a number of ways.

A "thetan is an immortal spiritual being; the human soul."[3]
"The being who is the individual and who handles and lives in the body."[1]
"A thetan is not a thing, a thetan is the creator of things."[1]
A thetan is "the person himself — not his body or his name, the physical universe, his mind, or anything else; that which is aware of being aware; the identity which is the individual. The thetan is most familiar to one and all as you."<snip>
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thetan
Nobody hear's about Thetans until they've been OT Cleared into the cult well ahead of time. i.e. the cult is not based on supernatural entities, they come into it (were actually invented into it) later.

Please expose your ignorance some more.
Ah, Cats - YOU still don't understand how the Amway Pyramid Marketing thingy works - with the added Feel Good thingy - so that it doesn't look like a PURE Pyramid scheme !!!!!
Shut up Boba, I've researched Amway for years, and so have many others

:
AND, Cats - the FIRST time - FIRST TIME - that a Scientology Spoke to me - Thetans CAME INTO the discussion !!!!!
Well I never, wow, that's it then, Scientology is a cult because of Thetans, and not because of anything else. You're another fucking stupid ignorant cunty atheist with no fucking clue about this at all. .

Also, out of interest, I bet you mentioned Thetans first, because SciFag recruiters have a script which doesn't mention thetans at all. You would have had to mention them first, having heard about it all on the internets, and now not only do you reorder it in your own mind, but you try to misinform me with your dumbfuckery.

Go away Boba,. Go form a "cult=religion" cult with koy, you'll do well.
  topbottom
07-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #1485129  /  #953
boba123

: Jan 2010
: On an Island of Paradise within a sea of Iniquity
: 7,167
boba123

:
:
:
:
:
:
Typically a system (hence a structure) of beliefs, attitudes, and practices. And "the supernatural" is only part of what those things are "about".

Sounds a lot like a religion.
Then Amway isn't a cult. Scientology isn't a cult.

Cool, I'm signing up to both of them tomorrow.
Thanks Koy, phew, what a relief. 3k for the basics, bargain!
Ah, CatsDont - I guess that you DON'T KNOW about the Pyramid Marketing thing about Amway, do you ???? It's PURE Marketing - with a Feel Good thingy attached to the puppy !!!!!
Ever been to a meeting? Ever interacted with them? Ever been to a convention?
I have, it's a cult, all the experts agree. You're uninformed, as are most people here unsurprisingly.

:
And CatsDont - I see that you've NEVER heard - about the SUPERNATURAL thingy about Thetans in Scientology -
:
In Scientology, the concept of thetan (pronounced /ˈθeɪtən/ thay-tən) is similar to the concept of spirit or soul found in other belief systems. The term is derived from the Greek letter theta, which in Scientology represents "the source of life, or life itself."[1] In Scientology the Thetan is believed to command the body through communication points.[2]

Thetans have been described in the Church of Scientology in a number of ways.

A "thetan is an immortal spiritual being; the human soul."[3]
"The being who is the individual and who handles and lives in the body."[1]
"A thetan is not a thing, a thetan is the creator of things."[1]
A thetan is "the person himself — not his body or his name, the physical universe, his mind, or anything else; that which is aware of being aware; the identity which is the individual. The thetan is most familiar to one and all as you."<snip>
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thetan
Nobody hear's about Thetans until they've been OT Cleared into the cult well ahead of time. i.e. the cult is not based on supernatural entities, they come into it (were actually invented into it) later.

Please expose your ignorance some more.
Ah, Cats - YOU still don't understand how the Amway Pyramid Marketing thingy works - with the added Feel Good thingy - so that it doesn't look like a PURE Pyramid scheme !!!!!
Shut up Boba, I've researched Amway for years, and so have many others

:
AND, Cats - the FIRST time - FIRST TIME - that a Scientology Spoke to me - Thetans CAME INTO the discussion !!!!!
Well I never, wow, that's it then, Scientology is a cult because of Thetans, and not because of anything else. You're another fucking stupid ignorant cunty atheist with no fucking clue about this at all. .

Also, out of interest, I bet you mentioned Thetans first, because SciFag recruiters have a script which doesn't mention thetans at all. You would have had to mention them first, having heard about it all on the internets, and now not only do you reorder it in your own mind, but you try to misinform me with your dumbfuckery.

Go away Boba,. Go form a "cult=religion" cult with koy, you'll do well.
My, My, CatsDont - Such anger - FROM you !!!! And to think - that you and I were in agreement about Anarchism when both you and I took on daft punk !!!! I guess that Anarchism only goes so far - with you !

YOU made the CLAIM - that Supernatural-ism was NOT involved within Scientology - and I indicated that the FIRST Time that a Scientologist spoke to me - Thetans came into the conversation. THAT'S Supernatural - BY Definition !!!!

No, I did NOT mention Thetans first - the Scientology guy brought up the Thetan thingy !!!!!

And, CatsDont - I have had several friends that got into the Amway Pyramid Marketing thingy - and enjoyed making money from the puppy !!!! I guess that you don't see a Pyramid Marketing thingy, either !!!
MattShizzle - using the word "MORON" - http://talkrational.org/showthread.p...772#post914772-- "Ignore the assholes. Assholes are the price we pay for being able to tell assholes they are assholes." = Febble - http://talkrational.org/showthread.p...599#post958599-- "Im a Satanist, Israel is a terrorist state, Hamas is the good guys." = S'hitman - http://talkrational.org/showthread.p...61#post1454961

Last edited by boba123; 07-26-2011 at 07:55 PM.
  topbottom
07-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #1485621  /  #954
Requiem
Dubstyle.

Requiem

:
My, My, CatsDont - Such anger - FROM you !!!!
Bad inference there pal, this is the internet: emotional content not included.

:
And to think - that you and I were in agreement about Anarchism when both you and I took on daft punk !!!! I guess that Anarchism only goes so far - with you !
Then we should certainly both share a similar commitment to truth and reason, that being how we come to our shared political viewpoint. Let's use that on which to discuss this.

:
YOU made the CLAIM - that Supernatural-ism was NOT involved within Scientology -

I made the claim that supernaturalism is not definitive of what constitutes a cult in modern psychological science and comparative studies of abusive institutions, groups and organisations.

:
and I indicated that the FIRST Time that a Scientologist spoke to me - Thetans came into the conversation. THAT'S Supernatural - BY Definition !!!!
It is, but that isn't what makes scientology a cult. No amount of supernatural belief creates a cult. It is the structure and practices of the organisation and the effects of its teachings on the will the free choices of the individuals who become involved with it, which identifies it as a cult.

:
No, I did NOT mention Thetans first - the Scientology guy brought up the Thetan thingy !!!!!
I doubt you but okay.

:
And, CatsDont - I have had several friends that got into the Amway Pyramid Marketing thingy - and enjoyed making money from the puppy !!!! I guess that you don't see a Pyramid Marketing thingy, either !!!
What? I don't disagree that Amway is a pyramid scheme, but it also displays a variety of tendencies which have been identified as indicative of cultic structure and practices. Many pyramid schemes/MLMs do, and I've studied and been involved with several as part of what I do in relation to cults.

There are some which are not, however it seems apparent that the mental gymnastics required to believe the MLM business model often gives rise to discursive and structural factors within the organisation which tend to enforce and amplify those group dynamics which typically give rise to and incubate the characteristics of destructive groups.
  topbottom
07-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #1485638  /  #955
Koyaanisqatsi
literally plausibly true

: Mar 2008
: 4,915
Koyaanisqatsi

:
:
:
:
:
Already answered,

:
Or a thick fucker.
Or both.

Koy, you are an intellectually dishonest thick fucker, go away, you suck, you stupid douche.
Breathe Cats, breathe.

Fleet posted what he evidently thought to be a pithy question regarding political cults that I already dealt with. My quote above wasn't meant to restate what I already wrote; it was meant to remind him of the fact that we had already gone over his Stalin-atheist-godwinning sophistry and that I had already pointed out that political machinations were a separate matter (i.e., the quote above from earlier in the thread).

Last edited by Koyaanisqatsi; 07-27-2011 at 02:13 PM.
  topbottom
07-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #1485639  /  #956
Jet Black
Finding Things Out
Mod: ASS, LSD, Phys Sci

: Dec 1969
: 31,476
Jet Black

:
What about this building?

That is a church of the cult of Darwin.

though being in the States it is probably more correct to say a Synagogue, since the USA is run by the super duper top secret communazi Jewish organization of the illuminati.
07-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #1485644  /  #957
fleet-footed Urban Youth
ZA... WARUDO!!
RnR/TR Official Historian

: Jun 2008
: 42,699
fleet-footed Urban Youth

:
Fleet posted what I evidently thought to be a pithy question regarding political cults that I already dealt with.
fyp
07-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #1485713  /  #958
Requiem
Dubstyle.

Requiem

:
:
:
:
:
:
Already answered,

:
Or a thick fucker.
Or both.

Breathe Cats, breathe.

*empties another can of brain shit onto keyboard*
  topbottom
07-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #1485782  /  #959
Koyaanisqatsi
literally plausibly true

: Mar 2008
: 4,915
Koyaanisqatsi

Well, points for "can of brain shit" anyway.

Now see this man about his hat...
  topbottom

TalkRational Archive > Discussion > Theology, Hagiography and Creeds

!the kult of koy, atheist activist minister, atheist church, bart, bart for admin, coldcomfort is retarded, coldretard, falconry, figuer it out, fuck your hat, god is real, islam is the light, retarded ass thread, shit thread ban the op, shut the fuck up boba, shut the fuck up sanshou, shut up stopper, stopper, themostridiculoustag, ur stopper, you are stopper, your hat is kind of sexy, your mom is stopper

X vBulletin 3.8.6 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.13776 seconds
  • Memory Usage 4,037KB
  • Queries Executed 37 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below