Frenemies of TalkRational:
Nontheist Nexus |  Rants'n'Raves |  Secular Cafe |  Council of Ex-Muslims |  The Skeptical Zone |  rationalia |  Rational Skepticism |  Atheists Today | 
TalkRational Archive  

FAQ Rules Staff List RSS
  TalkRational Archive > Town Hall > Staff Discussion

Staff Discussion Members can post here, but only staff can start threads or vote in polls.

12-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #2589466  /  #201
F X
Too hot to handle

: May 2009
: In the real world
: 11,190
F X

I just want to go on record for channel 7 action news that I do not, and have never supported any of the murderous racist scum on TR.

I wanted to ban them.

It's the admins here that let them keep posting the hate.

by F X

topbottom
12-04-2015, 07:06 PM   #2589479  /  #202
AllRightMeow
Emoting Food
Mod: Politics and Current Affairs

: Jun 2013
: 5,509
AllRightMeow

:
:
:
:
That's actually my main concern with allowing CS to post about killing people. Because there's no reason to believe he is being satirical - he isn't smart enough to tell a knock knock joke. So if he manages to crawl out of whatever smelly apartment he's in and does something bad there will be a search for past history and it will lead to here. And then the rest of us will have to rely on the sophistication of the social media world to understand nuanced humor and that sort of thing, or we'll get pinned as bad people.

I know that's a bit paranoid, but it could happen.
You realize you're through the fucking looking glass with this shit, right? Your argument is that someone less sophisticated than you is going to fail to understand your ironic racism, e.g. the racist jokes you think are okay because you're in on them. Please note, this should clue you in as to why that shit is so insufferably unfunny to begin with.

Anyway, if that really does come to pass, and if the rest of the internet somehow ends up thinking you're a racist because of your too-clever hipster tinged jokes, just point them to this thread and they will know you were only kidding.
Tonight on channel 7 action news we explore "Talk Rational." A sick twisted online community where white supremacism is allowed to grow and fester while ironic mockery is misunderstood and under appreciated.
I think dug's point was more like...

Tonight on channel 7 action news we explore "Talk Rational." A sick twisted online community where white supremacism is fostered and supported, where the community, especially daap-umop-bnp, encouraged and enabled crazy-as-a-nutsack mass murderer Cultsmasher in developing his Jew-killing manifesto.
I could have gone a few ways with it, but I decided to go with what Ty said as being part of the story (kinda like a misdirection to where I could have gone with daaps comment). It would have been absurdity whichever direction I ventured.
12-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #2589487  /  #203
F X
Too hot to handle

F X

:
It would have been absurdity whichever direction I ventured.
Memescape that

by F X

topbottom
12-04-2015, 08:06 PM   #2589523  /  #204
daap-umop-bnp
murder by chair

: Apr 2009
: a white state
: 25,431
daap-umop-bnp

:
You realize you're through the fucking looking glass with this shit, right? Your argument is that someone less sophisticated than you is going to fail to understand your ironic racism, e.g. the racist jokes you think are okay because you're in on them. Please note, this should clue you in as to why that shit is so insufferably unfunny to begin with.

Anyway, if that really does come to pass, and if the rest of the internet somehow ends up thinking you're a racist because of your too-clever hipster tinged jokes, just point them to this thread and they will know you were only kidding.
It's been awhile since you mistook me for being pretentious - feels like old times. My point is not that I'm clever, sophisticated, or even funny. My point is that a joke or wry comment (or whatever it is we do here) said in the voice of a racist looks racist to anyone at first glance, which is the favorite depth at which most social media consumers consume. I don't want to be a meme.

And of course if you express any concern at all on TR you're intentionally misinterpreted as melting down and being ridiculous and all that shit, and that's fine, but ultimately if I were that worried I would just stop posting here. (Cue gandalf's dumb joke.) So ban CS or don't ban him, but if it were up to me that mosquito would be smashed.

Please clap.
  topbottom
12-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #2589527  /  #205
F X
Too hot to handle

F X

Yeah, sarcasm really doesn't work online.

by F X

topbottom
12-04-2015, 08:30 PM   #2589534  /  #206
ksen
Unsullied
Master of Coin

: New Eden
: 39,793
ksen

:
:

It's been awhile since you mistook me for being pretentious - feels like old times. My point is not that I'm clever, sophisticated, or even funny. My point is that a joke or wry comment (or whatever it is we do here) said in the voice of a racist looks racist to anyone at first glance, which is the favorite depth at which most social media consumers consume. I don't want to be a meme.

And of course if you express any concern at all on TR you're intentionally misinterpreted as melting down and being ridiculous and all that shit, and that's fine, but ultimately if I were that worried I would just stop posting here. (Cue gandalf's dumb joke.) So ban CS or don't ban him, but if it were up to me that mosquito would be smashed.
too late buddy, we're all memes now
12-04-2015, 10:27 PM   #2589582  /  #207
gandalf
teh r3t4rd
teh pplz champi0n

: Feb 2010
: 13,784
gandalf

:
:
:

too late buddy, we're all memes now
ya this is ksen b4 + after
Mattshizzle: Advice # 1 - post in English instead of Retarded.
Schneibster: Do you have any idea how many people have arrogantly told me I was full of shit on the Internet?
  topbottom
12-04-2015, 10:30 PM   #2589584  /  #208
TySixtus
Fucker!
Dungeon Master

: Mar 2008
: Rachacha NY
: 32,079
TySixtus

:
Yeah, sarcasm really doesn't work online.
The only people who think this are the shitposters who feel compelled to tell everyone they were being sarcastic after writing their garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFDYAz5LFjc
  topbottom
12-04-2015, 10:43 PM   #2589592  /  #209
gib
accommodationist member
mod: LSD, HASH and ASS

: Area 7
: 15,497
gib

can your effort posts dug, i wanna see how the Ty vs FX debate pans out
12-05-2015, 12:09 AM   #2589616  /  #210
TySixtus
Fucker!
Dungeon Master

TySixtus

There is no debate, he is a dope.

topbottom
12-05-2015, 12:12 AM   #2589617  /  #211
gib
accommodationist member
mod: LSD, HASH and ASS

: Area 7
: 15,497
gib

what the hell is your avatar
12-05-2015, 12:14 AM   #2589618  /  #212
TySixtus
Fucker!
Dungeon Master

TySixtus

:
My point is that a joke or wry comment (or whatever it is we do here) said in the voice of a racist looks racist to anyone at first glance
Don't stop here, proceed to the next logical step. Ironic, disaffected racist theater wherein you make fun of and/or goad lunatics looks racist at first glance, because while it may not be as bad as cultsmasher's dumb garbage, it is really not that much further away. The difference is, people who engage in the former behavior are patting themselves on the back for their cleverness. Which, for my money, is just as stupid and boring as cultsmasher's stormfront-ery. tl;dr, the shit was never funny to begin with, and you have nobody but yourselves to blame for responding to his garbage posting.

topbottom
12-05-2015, 12:27 AM   #2589621  /  #213
daap-umop-bnp
murder by chair

daap-umop-bnp

:
:
My point is that a joke or wry comment (or whatever it is we do here) said in the voice of a racist looks racist to anyone at first glance
Don't stop here, proceed to the next logical step. Ironic, disaffected racist theater wherein you make fun of and/or goad lunatics looks racist at first glance, because while it may not be as bad as cultsmasher's dumb garbage, it is really not that much further away. The difference is, people who engage in the former behavior are patting themselves on the back for their cleverness. Which, for my money, is just as stupid and boring as cultsmasher's stormfront-ery. tl;dr, the shit was never funny to begin with, and you have nobody but yourselves to blame for responding to his garbage posting.
:eldersay:

Please clap.
  topbottom
12-05-2015, 12:28 AM   #2589622  /  #214
daap-umop-bnp
murder by chair

daap-umop-bnp

Please point out the post you're referring to. P.S. I was never actually trying to be funny. I was trolling the guy because I don't like him and I wanted him to feel shitty when he read my posts.

eta sorry gib

Please clap.
  topbottom
12-05-2015, 12:29 AM   #2589623  /  #215
TySixtus
Fucker!
Dungeon Master

TySixtus

I mean, it's been 15 years for some of you and you haven't figured this the fuck out yet. What is it going to take?

topbottom
12-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #2589624  /  #216
daap-umop-bnp
murder by chair

daap-umop-bnp

You're so wise.

Please clap.
  topbottom
12-05-2015, 12:33 AM   #2589625  /  #217
TySixtus
Fucker!
Dungeon Master

TySixtus

:
Please point out the post you're referring to. P.S. I was never actually trying to be funny. I was trolling the guy because I don't like him and I wanted him to feel shitty when he read my posts.

eta sorry gib
What part of your brain was firing during this thought process? How do you intend to make a racist who calls for the murder of "negroes" "feel bad." He's either 1) trolling and is therefore looking for this exact type response or 2) is really a lunatic and is past any of your attempts to elicit a genuine emotion close to you making him "feel bad."

The real problem here is that TR has become boring, so you guys jump on any potential blood in the water for even the slimmest possible chance of amusement, no matter how shortlived.

Last edited by TySixtus; 12-05-2015 at 12:37 AM.
  topbottom
12-05-2015, 12:45 AM   #2589627  /  #218
daap-umop-bnp
murder by chair

daap-umop-bnp

He put me on ignore so apparently it had an effect. He's not a troll. That's obvious to anyone who's been here for the last couple months.

Fuck that "you guys" bullshit. If we're reprising the kool kidz krew, I'm pretty sure you're a tenured member, not me.

Please clap.
  topbottom
12-05-2015, 01:00 AM   #2589633  /  #219
TySixtus
Fucker!
Dungeon Master

TySixtus

I haven't been posting here steadily for at least a year. The "you guys" shit is firmly direct at you guys, the ones who have been responding to his dumb shit but, more generally, people who have been here posting.

topbottom
12-05-2015, 01:10 AM   #2589637  /  #220
Jerome
Life is but a bowl of cherries

: Sep 2009
: Pleasant Living
: 38,755
Jerome

Why not just have rational discourse?

It doesn’t matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn’t matter how smart you are. If it doesn’t agree with experiment, it’s wrong.
-Richard Feynman, Nobel laureate in Physics, 1965
  topbottom
12-05-2015, 01:13 AM   #2589639  /  #221
daap-umop-bnp
murder by chair

daap-umop-bnp

lol

Please clap.
  topbottom
12-05-2015, 01:51 AM   #2589649  /  #222
schneibler elf
The People's Moderator
The People's Admin

: Apr 2008
: 50,099
schneibler elf

3) jerome da gnome
  topbottom
12-05-2015, 02:17 AM   #2589655  /  #223
brugroffil
Super Moderator
Space Race Champion, Armor RPG G-EXP v2 Champion, Ace Blackjack Champion, Ultimate Defense Champion, Bacteria Tower Defense Champion, Fratboy Girlfriend Tower Defense Champion, Tower Defense 2007 Champion Mod: Politics and Current Affairs

: Feb 2009
: Can Street
: 16,291
brugroffil

An Internet forum with a charter lol
  topbottom
12-05-2015, 03:49 AM   #2589664  /  #224
fleet-footed Urban Youth
ZA... WARUDO!!
RnR/TR Official Historian

: Jun 2008
: 42,699
fleet-footed Urban Youth

i've tried describing Tr to people who are pretty active on the internet and it baffles them. by the time i start explaining the message board court for ban appeals they are sure that i'm making it all up
12-05-2015, 03:58 AM   #2589665  /  #225
schneibler elf
The People's Moderator
The People's Admin

: Apr 2008
: 50,099
schneibler elf

Tr owns

3) jerome da gnome
  topbottom

TalkRational Archive > Town Hall > Staff Discussion

X vBulletin 3.8.6 Debug Information