Frenemies of TalkRational:
Nontheist Nexus |  Rants'n'Raves |  Secular Cafe |  Council of Ex-Muslims |  The Skeptical Zone |  rationalia |  Rational Skepticism |  Atheists Today | 
TalkRational Archive  

FAQ Rules Staff List Calendar RSS
Go Back   TalkRational Archive > The Rat Ring > The Rat Ring Formal Debate Forum

Notices

The Rat Ring Formal Debate Forum Moderated forum for formal debates/discussions. If you would like to have a formal, moderated debate, make a proposal in the proposals forum.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #1396846  /  #51
daft punk
has left the building

daft punk

yeah, great

March 1, 1936, Stalin interview with Roy Howard, President of Scripps-Howard Newspapers. Published in Pravda.
daft punk is offline   topbottom
Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #1396848  /  #52
Preno
TRIGGER WARNING
Resident Overlord

Preno

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleet-footed Urban Youth View Post
it's going to be great when this starts and req just skims daft's copypasta and copy-pastes shit in reply, not reading any of it. and entire conversation of copying and pasting, but one side taking it deadly seriously
Yeah well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by daft punk View Post
Didnt read the article but I got the gist from the headline.
Preno is offline   topbottom
Old 05-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #1396851  /  #53
ravenscape
trigger warning
Match Around the World Champion, Duncan Castle Defense Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion Into the West

ravenscape
Send a message via MSN to ravenscape

Is this...
Quote:
yeah, great
in reply to this?

Quote:
Let's debate Marxism versus accelerationism, I'll take the side of the latter.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #1396855  /  #54
fleet-footed Urban Youth
ZA... WARUDO!!
RnR/TR Official Historian

fleet-footed Urban Youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preno View Post
Quote:
it's going to be great when this starts and req just skims daft's copypasta and copy-pastes shit in reply, not reading any of it. and entire conversation of copying and pasting, but one side taking it deadly seriously
Yeah well...
Quote:
haha that's even better
Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #1396856  /  #55
Preno
TRIGGER WARNING
Resident Overlord

Preno

hey raven since you're in here, whatever happened to that forum that popped up yesterday in Formal Debates and that I can't see today?
Preno is offline   topbottom
Old 05-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #1396863  /  #56
ravenscape
trigger warning
Match Around the World Champion, Duncan Castle Defense Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion Into the West

ravenscape
Send a message via MSN to ravenscape

It's still there, but I thought this debate was off. It's hidden for now so it doesn't clutter up the index page.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #1396880  /  #57
daft punk
has left the building

daft punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenscape View Post
Is this...
Quote:
yeah, great
in reply to this?

Quote:
Let's debate Marxism versus accelerationism, I'll take the side of the latter.
No, it was a reply to this

Quote:

March 1, 1936, Stalin interview with Roy Howard, President of Scripps-Howard Newspapers. Published in Pravda.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #1396886  /  #58
daft punk
has left the building

daft punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preno View Post
Quote:
Yeah well...
Quote:
Well I am quite familiar with the site, and they usually get most stuff roughly right, and the headline was along the lines of what I have been arguing the last few weeks, so I would expect most of its content to be too. In fact I have read stuff by them before on this exact topic, it seemed ok. Plus its got fuck all to do with the thread.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #1396899  /  #59
daft punk
has left the building

daft punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsDontBreathe View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsDontBreathe View Post
Quote:
forget it, I'm not debating with you, you are pathetic.
See, I knew you'd bowl.

You offered the debate, pick your subject then, lets go. Stop finding excuses.
I am willing to debate a subject, not me.
You changed your tone. You were up for it earlier, now you're bowling.

But ok, like I say, any subject is fine. It's you who started all the "you wouldn't be able to debate me" shit, yet you don't seem very keen to get to a debate on anything.

Quote:
You are clearly the moron for thinking I would want to debate whether I am a moron or not.
Then we can debate that.

Quote:
By the way did I tell you I was in the top few kids in the entrance exam to the top school in England?
So? All this doesn't impress, put up a proper debate to show me how well equipped you are to offer up your expertise on the internets, that will impress. I can make claims about my educational level, but it doesn't matter, this is the world of discourse, our qualifications don't count, only our arguments do.

Congratulations. Next time you get money out of your bank account, or talk to the head office, spare a thought for me, I wrote a lot of the shit that makes it all work.

Quote:
I will debate a political topic, eg anarchism vs Marxism.
Ok, I'm happy to debate why my politics is better than yours.

Quote:
However you now admit that you don't have much disagreement with my actual views.

Quote:
You just have some sort of dislike of me personally, as in you think I am stupid.
I don't like it that an ideological cousin doesn't seem to be able to interact in any actual discussions, consistently misses humour clues, fails to understand basic sentence structures, and pastes huge walls of text from third hand internet ideological sources. It makes the intellectual left look bad.

Quote:
In other words, it sounds like you decided that you are not up to a real debate.
Wow, considering I've offered basically whatever you want, it amazes me that you're still try to claim that I'm the one backing off. Just admit it if you don't want to do it.

Quote:
You don't need to be a genius to understand the ideas of Marxism, if you did it would be counter-productive. Sometimes I must admit I wish Marx had used clearer language actually, as some of his stuff is hard to understand and so is open to interpretation. However Marxists do not rely on single sentences which may be sarcasm or whatever (eg Jewish Question).

So, if you have a debating topic, I will consider it, but you better be quick as I am getting a bit bored with this.
I've told you several times now itt that I'm good to go on any subject you want to debate, but fine, your political efforts here are completely ineffectual, even counter-effective. Let's debate Marxism versus accelerationism, I'll take the side of the latter.
Nah, you had your chance, I've lost interest. Post on my threads, or reply to my posts on other threads, proper posts instead of pathetic sniping, and in about 100 years I might start to take you seriously.

By the way, I have been on other forums, never had any problems anywhere else. This one seems to attract a lot of knob heads. Apart from getting banned off ODN but thats like the extreme opposite of here, I got banned for questioning a mods decision in a thread. Most people on here would get banned in a day, I lasted a few months. Enough to destroy the right wing anyway, I was bored after that.

Last edited by daft punk; 05-02-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #1397608  /  #60
Requiem
Dubstyle.

Requiem

Chicken Shit.
Never mind, you'll be melting down and out of here by midsummer.
You're the current forum joke, enjoy the fame while it lasts.
Requiem is offline   topbottom
Old 05-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #1397710  /  #61
fleet-footed Urban Youth
ZA... WARUDO!!
RnR/TR Official Historian

fleet-footed Urban Youth

Quote:
Nah, you had your chance, I've lost interest.
BWAK bwak bwak bwak BWAK!!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #1397757  /  #62
sanshou
freedom axis
TR Librarian

sanshou

daft punk exposed as a coward.

we know one guy who won't be leading any revolutions

TalkRational Archive > The Rat Ring > The Rat Ring Formal Debate Forum

Tags
arrogant asshole cats, catsdontbreathe twit name, requiem for the britfags, stfu catsdontbreathe