Frenemies of TalkRational:
Nontheist Nexus |  Rants'n'Raves |  Secular Cafe |  Council of Ex-Muslims |  The Skeptical Zone |  rationalia |  Rational Skepticism |  Atheists Today | 
TalkRational Archive  

FAQ Rules Staff List Calendar RSS
Go Back   TalkRational Archive > Discussion > Theology, Hagiography and Creeds

Notices

Theology, Hagiography and Creeds for discussion of religion(s), secularism and related issues

Old 02-21-2016, 04:01 AM   #2618215  /  #26
noAnthro

noAnthro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spode View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by noAnthro View Post
Were there any 'non-human' species that existed that 'humans' could mate with that are not mentioned in the bible?

The Nephilim.
But they are supposedly mentioned but don't really answer the question, do they?
Old 02-21-2016, 05:29 PM   #2618327  /  #27
OHSU

OHSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
I see you haven't encountered (or burnt the memory out of your brain immediately) the YECs who declare with confidence that God aged the planet by billions of years as he created it, because that was his method of providing for there being eroded soil for plants and stuff. So anything that looks older than 10,000 or 600 years just looks that way.
Ya, I've encountered this. Doesn't account for ice cores or the fact that the world was full of people 6,000 years ago.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:27 PM   #2618549  /  #28
RAFH
Robot Architect From Hell

RAFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHSU View Post
Quote:
I see you haven't encountered (or burnt the memory out of your brain immediately) the YECs who declare with confidence that God aged the planet by billions of years as he created it, because that was his method of providing for there being eroded soil for plants and stuff. So anything that looks older than 10,000 or 600 years just looks that way.
Ya, I've encountered this. Doesn't account for ice cores or the fact that the world was full of people 6,000 years ago.
Oh, that. That was the work of the FSM.

But it's all an illusion, created by the FSM. Nothing other than pasta existed prior to last Thursday.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:33 AM   #2618869  /  #29
Entropy

Entropy

Quote:
Would be nice if Dave just acknowledged this and moved on with his life.
Entropy is offline   topbottom

TalkRational Archive > Discussion > Theology, Hagiography and Creeds