Frenemies of TalkRational:
Nontheist Nexus |  Rants'n'Raves |  Secular Cafe |  Council of Ex-Muslims |  The Skeptical Zone |  rationalia |  Rational Skepticism |  Atheists Today | 
TalkRational Archive  

FAQ Rules Staff List RSS
  TalkRational Archive > Town Hall > The Soap Opera

The Soap Opera Why The Fuck Was My Post Moved & Other Stories

08-31-2014, 08:01 PM   #2418273  /  #1
rednoise
Death hilarious

: Mar 2008
: Nordic Imperium
: 24,353
rednoise
PG: Bart's Appeal

lmao:

:
Yes, but my involvement in the council is going to be the least of your problems.
http://www.talkrational.org/showthread.php?t=63959

also, this suspension is dumb as fuck.
How in the hell can a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #2418276  /  #2
Old Dan

: Apr 2008
: the holla mohalla
: 10,303
Old Dan

:
also, this suspension is dumb as fuck.
Bart goin 'round threatenin to kill everyone aint really no bother, but Bart postin some feller's IRL info or name really sticks in my craw, son. Bart dang well knows better.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 08:09 PM   #2418277  /  #3
Non-Euclidean SlapBracelet

: Sep 2013
: 2,700

I don't think he posted anyone's actual name.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 08:17 PM   #2418278  /  #4
gandalf
teh r3t4rd
teh pplz champi0n

: Feb 2010
: 13,784
gandalf

Wld it be teh same as me saying old jan
Mattshizzle: Advice # 1 - post in English instead of Retarded.
Schneibster: Do you have any idea how many people have arrogantly told me I was full of shit on the Internet?
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 08:28 PM   #2418279  /  #5
SkepticTank
White Trash
Amazon Race Champion, Deuces Solitaire Champion, Mahjong - Valley in the mountains Champion, Darts 501 Champion, Harbor Fishing Champion, Bloons Tower Defense Champion, Mario & Friends Tower Defense Champion, Donkey Kong Ice Adventure Champion, Flying Gonzo Champion Mod: C&T, TIH

: Houston
: 24,524
SkepticTank

Yeah, Venice
08-31-2014, 08:42 PM   #2418285  /  #6
Old Dan

: Apr 2008
: the holla mohalla
: 10,303
Old Dan

:
I don't think he posted anyone's actual name.
Well then what in tarnation did ol Bart do this time?
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 08:44 PM   #2418286  /  #7
rednoise
Death hilarious

rednoise

"brinking"
How in the hell can a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #2418287  /  #8

Made some cringe-worthy posts threatening to dox <redacted member's handle>, using a fake name derived from <redacted member's handle>'s real name, after being asked to stop. As far as I can tell.

Last edited by Pingu; 08-31-2014 at 09:01 PM.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #2418289  /  #9
rednoise
Death hilarious

rednoise

which is an incredibly stupid thing to be suspended for. i saw the couple of posts where bart was "brinking" and i couldn't make out what <redacted member's handle>'s real name was.

eta. i did find out, however, his real name by googling "<redacted member's handle>".

Last edited by Pingu; 08-31-2014 at 11:53 PM.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 08:57 PM   #2418290  /  #10
Pingu
I did. F. Poste.
GLaDOS

: UK
: 60,846
Pingu

This stupid board claims to protect members from having their anonymity compromised AND allow full discussion of any action taken to implement that protection.

If you want to discuss Bart's suspension do it without fucking compromising members' anonymity.

jesus christ.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 08:58 PM   #2418292  /  #11

I used the relevant member's handle here. Now it looks like I said <personal pronoun redacted> irl name. C'mon Febble.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 08:59 PM   #2418293  /  #12
rednoise
Death hilarious

rednoise

we can't even post the username of the person who is supposedly being harassed now? good lord, febble. shut the fuck up. everyone knows <redacted member's handle> is the target of bart's "brinking," you fucking moron. no one is compromising anyone's anonymity.

Last edited by Pingu; 08-31-2014 at 10:49 PM.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:00 PM   #2418294  /  #13
Pingu
I did. F. Poste.
GLaDOS

Pingu

Well, you didn't. But either, in the context of this discussion is counterproductive.

I've re-edited it to make it clear.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:02 PM   #2418295  /  #14
rednoise
Death hilarious

rednoise

:
Well, you didn't. But either, in the context of this discussion is counterproductive.

I've re-edited it to make it clear.
it's not "anything" except discussing what actually happened. jesus fucking christ.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:03 PM   #2418296  /  #15
Pingu
I did. F. Poste.
GLaDOS

Pingu

Well, redact the names. Doesn't affect the discussion. geez.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:04 PM   #2418297  /  #16
rednoise
Death hilarious

rednoise

:
Well, redact the names. Doesn't affect the discussion. geez.
there's no fucking reason to redact the usernames you thick sack of shit.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:08 PM   #2418298  /  #17

I'm not even sure how someone can look into what happened with all this <redacted> going on.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #2418302  /  #18

:
I used the relevant member's handle here. Now it looks like I said <personal pronoun redacted> irl name. C'mon Febble.
Also, for the record, the redaction in the quoted post was done by an admin, and wasn't a cute joke by me, like the one in my last post. I kinda wish it were, though.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:15 PM   #2418305  /  #19
gandalf
teh r3t4rd
teh pplz champi0n

gandalf

Lol pendarikkkanz gonna pendarika
Schneibster: Do you have any idea how many people have arrogantly told me I was full of shit on the Internet?
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:17 PM   #2418306  /  #20
MartinM
Godlike

: Sep 2008
: 6,828
MartinM

:
:
Also, for the record, the redaction in the quoted post was done by an admin, and wasn't a cute joke by me, like the one in my last post. I kinda wish it were, though.
Yeah, that's ridiculous. Personal pronouns are not sufficiently unique to qualify as identifying information.

The rest makes sense, though. There may be people who have seen Bart's redacted posts but who don't know who they were about; redacting the username stops those people from making the connection.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:19 PM   #2418307  /  #21
rednoise
Death hilarious

rednoise

this is probably why we need four admins. right now, supernaut is going to follow whatever febble is going to do, so she's basically got two votes on every issue. and then there's ksen. or just get rid of supernaut (or febble..they're interchangeable at this point).

Last edited by rednoise; 08-31-2014 at 09:21 PM.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:21 PM   #2418310  /  #22
rednoise
Death hilarious

rednoise

:
:
:
Yeah, that's ridiculous. Personal pronouns are not sufficiently unique to qualify as identifying information.

The rest makes sense, though. There may be people who have seen Bart's redacted posts but who don't know who they were about; redacting the username stops those people from making the connection.
Bart didn't post anyone's rl info. there's no connection to make, other than the fact that it is <redacted member's handle>who is being talked about. that's not significant enough to redact. and even the brinking posts: i had no clue what <redacted member's handle>'s name was, even with Bart's "hints." know who leaked <redacted member's handle>'s name? <redacted member's handle>. it's on fucking google, for christ's sake.

Last edited by Pingu; 08-31-2014 at 11:55 PM.
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:25 PM   #2418315  /  #23
gandalf
teh r3t4rd
teh pplz champi0n

gandalf

Lol
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #2418317  /  #24
gandalf
teh r3t4rd
teh pplz champi0n

gandalf

Btw 2 adminz r basically identical to pendarikkkanz we mightaswell all go back2pendarikkka now
  topbottom
08-31-2014, 09:35 PM   #2418319  /  #25
MartinM
Godlike

: Sep 2008
: 6,828
MartinM

:
Bart didn't post anyone's rl info.
Actually, he did, a while back. That's what his last suspension was for; posting the real name of the poster in question. Since he came back, he's repeatedly prodded the same poster, dropping hints about the same name. That's harrassment. Whether or not the hints he dropped were strong enough to constitute personal info is a separate question, though I'd say they very much were.

:
and even the brinking posts: i had no clue what <redacted>'s name was, even with Bart's "hints."
Then either you didn't see the last post, or you're just very slow. And read the member discussion; at least one person figured it out even before that.

:
know who leaked <redacted>'s name? <redacted>. it's on fucking google, for christ's sake.
And? Short of actually posting it here, it doesn't matter how careless someone is with their personal info; responsibility for leaking it here lies with the person who did it.
  topbottom

TalkRational Archive > Town Hall > The Soap Opera

ban febble, bar association, bart, bart a voxrat molestor, bart bart, bart bart bart, bart bart bart bart, bart bart bart bart bart, bart for admin, bart for ban, bart rational, bort, damian is short lol, dementia dog, dox, explodingpanda, gandalf pwnz this gay f4m, have a ♥ vote 4 bart, i ♥ bart, jesus christ this thread, lawyer jokes, melts down = 2 words, pandaexplodes, pavlov's dog=blowhard esq, pay attention to bart, process of leaving tr, rednoise meltsdown, redundant roberts, shut up stopper, stopper, thread about bart, thread about voxrat, tr meltsdown, trauma, unnerving presence, voxrat, we are all stopper, you're stopper

X vBulletin 3.8.6 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.15349 seconds
  • Memory Usage 4,358KB
  • Queries Executed 69 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below