Frenemies of TalkRational:
Nontheist Nexus |  Rants'n'Raves |  Secular Cafe |  Council of Ex-Muslims |  The Skeptical Zone |  rationalia |  Rational Skepticism |  Atheists Today | 
TalkRational Archive  

FAQ Rules Staff List RSS
  TalkRational Archive > Community > Arts and Entertainment

Arts and Entertainment Discuss Literature, Art, Media and Culture Here!

09-15-2015, 10:27 AM   #2561194  /  #801
Mark Dreher

: Oct 2013
: 3,314
Mark Dreher
Rocksy Raccoon ~ Ordering food ~ For her room..

Adorable video shows clever raccoon mum knocking on door to beg for food for her babies

The clip shows Rocksy the raccoon taking part in her usual ritual to get fed from homeowner.

Rocksy the Raccoon knocks at the door for food! LOL - YouTube

Adorable video shows clever raccoon mum knocking on door to beg for food for her babies - Mirror Online

A woman has shared a cute video online showing a raccoon knocking on her patio door with a rock.

She claims in the film that this is the animal's regular way of telling her the food bowl she leaves out is empty.

The woman has clearly taken a shine to the innovative creature, who she tells us she has named Rocksy, as she coos to her while she continue to knock on the glass screen.

She goes on to explain that Rocksy is a nursing mother and takes the food back to her babies who she leaves in the den.

And she takes the time to dispel some of the negative ideas that some people in the US, where the animals are widespread, may have about racoons.

Her pet dog even appears at one point, and the two animals appear comfortable around each other.

Rocksy Raccoon

Ordering food

For her room..
  topbottom
09-16-2015, 03:12 AM
Mark Dreher
09-16-2015, 04:40 AM   #2561959  /  #802
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
New white rhino ~ You say? ~ No way! ~ Way..

Adorable newborn rhino rolls around in hay and bonds with her mother Umqali... as poachers threaten to wipe out her species

A southern white rhinoceros calf was born Saturday, at Monarto Zoo near Adelaide.

The rhino is yet to be named but will act as an ambassador for the species.

Adorable southern white rhinoceros calf born at Monarto Zoo to mother Umqali | Daily Mail Online

An adorable southern-white rhino calf (pictured) has been born in the early hours of Saturday morning at the open-range Monarto Zoo, south-east of Adelaide.

'Everyone's thrilled to welcome the new calf to the Monarto rhino crash - it's especially exciting for zookeepers to see the animals they care for healthy, happy and breeding,' Ms Kinter said.

'It's hard not to fall in love with these amazing animals.'

Poaching of the southern white rhinos has been on the rise in their natural habitat, South Africa, with more than 1,200 killed in the region in the past year.

'We must increase our efforts to safeguard and breed rhinos in protected places like zoos and wildlife sanctuaries,' Ms Kinter said.

The female rhino calf, who is yet to be named, was born in the early hours of Saturday at the open-range Monarto Zoo, south-east of Adelaide.

Zookeeper Haidee Kinter said the birth represented hope for the long-term survival of the endangered mammals.

Pictures show the newborn calf nuzzling her mother Umqali, playing and rolling around in hay.

The unnamed baby rhino can be seen exploring her home, rolling around in the mud and standing in the shadow of her fully-grown mother.

Newborn rhinos can range between 40 to 60 kg in weight, while adult females can grow to 1,800 to 2,000 kg.

Both mother and daughter will remain in a private area of the rhino facility until she has reached a sociable age.

White rhino

You say?

No way!

Way..
  topbottom
09-16-2015, 11:31 PM   #2562581  /  #803
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
Everybody say Aww..

The dog that learned to beg... for FORGIVENESS! Guilty pet gives its owner a hug and whimpers after it gets a telling off

Ettore the dog was being scolded by his owner Anthony Federica Granai.

In an adorable attempt for forgiveness, he climbs into his owner's lap.

Downcast and lethargic, he begins rubbing his head against Mr Granai.

Eventually, Ettore places his paws on Mr Granai's shoulders and they hug.

Ettore the dog gives owner a hug and whimpers after it gets a telling off | Daily Mail Online

The adorable moment a remorseful dog begs for forgiveness after being scolded by his owner has been caught on camera.

While it's not clear what crime Ettore the dog has committed, his guilt is clear during the short viral video clip.

Appearing downcast and lethargic, Ettore climbs onto his owner's lap while being scolded for his misbehavior in the endearing attempt at forgiveness.

The dog, named Ettore, is pictured approaching his owner while he is being scolded.

Ettore then climbs onto his Italian owner's lap, hold his head down in shame.

Seeking forgiveness, he then tries to hug his owner as he is being told he has made a 'mistake'.

The two eventually embrace as the guilt-ridden dog finally earns his owner's forgiveness.

Everybody say

Aww..
  topbottom
09-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #2562733  /  #804
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
What a face! Now that, is a angry lion..

Boystrous interruptus! VERY angry lion gives rival a serious beating after he tried to interrupt as he mated with a female

These dramatic pictures document incredible fight between two male lions at a national park in South Africa.

They began fighting for dominance after one lion interrupted the other while it was mating with a female.

A scuffle ensued, before the interrupted lion won - then resumed mating after chasing the aggressor away.

Lion gives rival a beating after he tried to interrupt mating in South Africa | Daily Mail Online

These dramatic pictures show brawling lions in a vicious fight - because one of the predators interrupted his opponent during a mating session with a female.

The frisky lion and his partner were not happy at being disturbed during their session and the king of the jungle launched a brutal attack as he chased the other lion away.

The fierce lions bare their teeth as they launch at each other during the 10 minute scuffle, roaring aggressively as they fight it out over who gets the female.

The two lions bare their teeth and claws as the fight erupts in Kruger National Park, South Africa.

It started when one of the male lions interrupted his opponent while he was mating with a female.

Incredibly, the skirmish lasted a full 10 minutes - until the aggressor was beaten and retreated.

Eventually, the intruding lion was defeated and their original pair picked up where they left off.
  topbottom
09-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #2562990  /  #805
Pandora
Betty Beep Boop

: Oct 2008
: 14,480
Pandora

:
And there, on some back concrete patios, I would spread dried corn feed.

They really like that.

Well that's brought them in, whole families, with their little ones.

Very cute to watch.
When we lived in Florida, we used to put out feed for the ducks - lots of cracked corn in it. Every evening, the raccoon would show up and clean up whatever the ducks hadn't eaten. They were very cute.

Two fun stories from this:

One year we ended up with some enormous peaches, a little smaller than a softball, from a friend. We had more than we could eat, and there was a young mother raccoon who had been eating the duck food. So we tossed one of the peaches out the back door for her - she seemed pretty happy with it. But it was a little too big for her to carry in her jaws. She'd pick it up in her mouth, take a few steps, then it would drop, and she'd pick it up with her paws and waddle down the yard for a ways, before trying to carry it in her jaws again. It was pretty funny.

On a different evening, a raccoon was out back cleaning up the duck feed when a panther screamed in the woods. The raccoon promptly climbed the stucco on the side of our house, right by the window. We tried to convince her to leave (we didn't really want her on the roof or anything)... but apparently she decided that the panther was much scarier than we were, and just stared at us like we'd lost our minds.
09-17-2015, 07:01 PM   #2562992  /  #806
SkepticTank
White Trash
Amazon Race Champion, Deuces Solitaire Champion, Mahjong - Valley in the mountains Champion, Darts 501 Champion, Harbor Fishing Champion, Bloons Tower Defense Champion, Mario & Friends Tower Defense Champion, Donkey Kong Ice Adventure Champion, Flying Gonzo Champion Mod: C&T, TIH

: Mar 2008
: Houston
: 24,524
SkepticTank

Where in Florida did you live that you had Panthers near your house?

Last edited by SkepticTank; 09-17-2015 at 07:16 PM.
  topbottom
09-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #2562994  /  #807
Pandora
Betty Beep Boop

Pandora

:
Where in Florida did you live that you had Panther's near your house?
We were in Tampa - I'm assuming it was a panther based on the noise, but I could be wrong.

ETA, probably a bobcat, based on the habitat for panthers being more south than where we were. It sounded a lot like cougar screams from when I was in CO, but I never really gave it much thought.

Last edited by Pandora; 09-17-2015 at 07:07 PM.
  topbottom
09-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #2563005  /  #808
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
What do you mean, I can't have your burger?

What do you mean, I can't have your burger? Shocked husky picture is viral hit

They say a picture paints a thousand words and this image of a very disappointed dog proves the point.

What do you mean I can't have your burger? Shocked husky picture is viral hit - Mirror Online

Disappointed: Yuka shows the physiological side effects of not getting a bite of a burger

This pampered pooch got the shock of its life when its owner scoffed an entire burger himself - without sharing a single bite.

The look says it all, in an image that has been seen by nearly two million people since it was posted on Imgur.

Yuka the 18-month-old Siberian Husky certainly isn't impressed.

Her owner Julio, 32 from Las Vegas , posted the hysterical photo with the caption : "I think my dog just died a little bit on the inside when I didn't give her the last bite of my burger."

Puzzlement: Yuka can scarcely believe her predicament following burger-gate

Commentators were highly amused by poor Yuka's reaction.

One said: "Nothing on earth can do righteous indignation like a husky... most easily exasperated creatures I've ever met."

I'll gladly pay you tomorrow..

For a burger

Today..
  topbottom
09-17-2015, 07:42 PM   #2563011  /  #809
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher

:
:
And there, on some back concrete patios, I would spread dried corn feed.

They really like that.

Well that's brought them in, whole families, with their little ones.

Very cute to watch.
When we lived in Florida, we used to put out feed for the ducks - lots of cracked corn in it. Every evening, the raccoon would show up and clean up whatever the ducks hadn't eaten. They were very cute.

Two fun stories from this:

One year we ended up with some enormous peaches, a little smaller than a softball, from a friend. We had more than we could eat, and there was a young mother raccoon who had been eating the duck food. So we tossed one of the peaches out the back door for her - she seemed pretty happy with it. But it was a little too big for her to carry in her jaws. She'd pick it up in her mouth, take a few steps, then it would drop, and she'd pick it up with her paws and waddle down the yard for a ways, before trying to carry it in her jaws again. It was pretty funny.

On a different evening, a raccoon was out back cleaning up the duck feed when a panther screamed in the woods. The raccoon promptly climbed the stucco on the side of our house, right by the window. We tried to convince her to leave (we didn't really want her on the roof or anything)... but apparently she decided that the panther was much scarier than we were, and just stared at us like we'd lost our minds.

Oh my gosh.

A raccoon on your roof, could be trouble..

I remember on my house in the woods, we put a blocking screen over the chimneys, to keep out the raccoons and squirrels.

Yes, they sure love that cracked corn, that's what I fed them too.

Though they love about anything.

I love it when they came with their little babies. Soo cute.

You, had a panther, near by?

Like a black panther? My God, that would be pretty to see.

You only see that in a zoo, typically, I would think.

But they sure are pretty.

(Pretty scary, I think a zoo, for me..)

Raccoons, have wonderful intelligence, and just like that woman with the raccoon with the rock video, "they don't fear you".

They say, "humans? nah, don't worry bout them, we are too cute"

Humans, are suckers

For cute..
  topbottom
09-17-2015, 09:59 PM   #2563073  /  #810
Pandora
Betty Beep Boop

Pandora

:
Humans, are suckers

For cute..
Very true!
09-18-2015, 03:38 AM   #2563183  /  #811
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher

:
:
Humans, are suckers

For cute..
Very true!

All I look for on my posts, is something that makes you go "Aww..", or smile.

Animals, and animal pictures, make that easy.

And all these "scandal sheet", type internet news organizations, are always looking for "human interest stories, that make you go Aww.."

That's the only stories, you see shares on.

People sending the cute stories, to their friends.

Now a days, with the mass proliferation of digital cameras, and cell phone cameras, "everything under the sun, is captured".

And usually, from every angle.

All cute animal incidents, too, hopefully!
  topbottom
09-21-2015, 12:45 PM   #2564378  /  #812
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
And the wiener is..

Everyone's a wiener in this race! Barking mad Melbournians dress their pets up in hilarious costumes for first ever sausage dog race

Month's of training and costume fittings have all come down to this.

Sausage dogs across Melbourne have donned their best costumes to compete in the city's first dachshund race in front of hundreds of excited fans.

Melbourne holds first ever Sausage dog running race | Daily Mail Online

More than 50 dogs competed in the inaugural 'Running of the Wieners' dachshund race in Southbank on Saturday, with many other dogs and their human owners watching from the sidelines.

There were also events for mini, standard, old and disabled dachshunds, as well as a best dressed competition.

Hundreds of punters watch the Inaugural Dachshund Running of the Wieners Race in Melbourne.

Race organizer Scott Highfield says dachshunds are more athletic than people think.

'They're really fast, especially the minis; the minis move faster than you think,' Mr Highfield told reporters before the race.

'It's on for young and old as soon as they jump out of the blocks; it's over very quickly.'

And the wiener is..
  topbottom
09-22-2015, 12:37 AM
Mark Dreher
09-22-2015, 12:43 AM   #2564711  /  #813
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
Say cheese!

Adorable pictures catch young foxes playing with camera

COULD this be the pup-erazzi at work? Two curious young foxes looked as if they were vixen up an extraordinary outdoor photo shoot.

We're just vixen your lens... young foxes play up to the camera | Nature | News | Daily Express

The cute younglings discover the camera

Wildlife photographer Julian Ghahreman Rad, 24, from Vienna, Austria captured the pair at play in the city's National Park.

After spotting foxes living in woodland he set up a camera, long lens and tripod - plus some tasty morsels as bait - and lay in wait concealed in a hide.

After four hours his patience was rewarded as the pair emerged to investigate both sides of the camera.

Say cheese! The adorable creatures were fascinated by the camera

Even after snaffling the bait, the foxes seemed intrigued by the digital equipment staring down the lens and at the display on the back of the camera body.

Julian said: "I did have to wait for some hours hiding away in my tent, but suddenly, they just appeared and I could take the photos.

"I call myself lucky to get both in one photo. It was definitely worth the four plus hour wait."
  topbottom
09-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #2564838  /  #814
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
Help me!!.. I'm in, a tree!!

Dog stuck in a tree rescued by fire department … yes, a dog..

A dog named Petra gets stuck in a tree.

Dog stuck in a tree rescued by fire department, yes, a dog | GrindTV.com

Cats have a penchant for climbing trees and inevitably reaching a point where they can’t get down, requiring a call to the local fire department for a rescue. But have you ever heard of a dog getting stuck in a tree?

If not, meet Petra, a Chihuahua that acted like a cat and inexplicably climbed a 75-foot Italian cypress tree in Weldon, California, just east of Bakersfield. Thankfully, the dog didn’t reach the top.

No, Petra only climbed up 25 feet before poking its head out of an opening, prompting someone to call the Kern County Animal Services on Wednesday afternoon.

Animal control officers arrived on the scene and found the scared dog unable to climb down, and alerted the Kern County Fire Department, which came to the rescue.

The dog managed to climb up 25 feet before poking its head out of the tree.

Kern County Animal Services reunited the dog with its owner.

“It is quite unusual for our Department to respond to a call for a dog in a tree,” Kalar told Bakersfield Now in an email. “These types of calls usually involve a cat stuck up in a tree.

“We are very grateful for the assistance of the Kern County Fire Department Southlake Station for their assistance with the ladder and the for the retrieval of the dog from the tree. Together our two agencies were able to save Petra and reunite her with the owner.”

So why did Petra climb the tree? One can only speculate it was chasing a squirrel up the tree. Or a smart cat.
  topbottom
09-26-2015, 02:55 AM   #2565945  /  #815
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
One mile, every 3 seconds.. They call him the streak.. Hang on Ethel!!

The 1,000mph Bloodhound car that aims to break the land speed record

THE world’s most powerful racing car, which can cover a mile in just 3.6 seconds, was unveiled yesterday.

The 1,000mph Bloodhound car that aims to break the land speed record | Cars | Life & Style | Daily Express

The 20m 1,000mph car has a jet fighter engine.

The British-built 1,000mph Bloodhound – as powerful as 180 Formula One cars – is on display at London’s Canary Wharf until tomorrow.

It is hoped the supersonic car, powered by a jet fighter engine, will shatter the 763mph world land speed record when it is tested next year.

Director Richard Noble

But driving the 7.5-ton vehicle is not the thrill you might think.

Richard Noble, director of the 20 million dollar project, said: “It’s all about accuracy and focus. If you are getting some sort of buzz or excitement out of it then you are the wrong man. It’s a very cold-blooded operation.”

One mile, every 3 seconds..

They call him the streak..

Hang on Ethel!!
  topbottom
09-26-2015, 12:17 PM   #2565975  /  #816
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
Squeak. Squeak. Squeaky. Squeak.

The heart-warming moment a little lion cub practiced his roar for tourists… only to give himself a fright with the tiny sound

The lion cub emerged from the long grass and attempted to roar loudly.

It instead made a little squeak sound, which appeared to give it a fright.

Cub tried to roar a few more times before giving up and wandering off.

The littlest roar - YouTube

The heart-warming moment a little lion cub practiced his roar for tourists only to give himself a fright with the tiny sound | Daily Mail Online

Most things in life need to be learned at some point and the process can often lead to challenging, frustrating and awkward moments.

But this footage of a baby lion attempting to master his roar is nothing short of heart-warming.

Captured in a short video, the tiny creature emerges from the long grass and takes a few tentative steps forward with his head pointing to the ground.

Once in position he lifts his little head and opens his mouth wide in a bid to roar loudly like the majestic animal he will one day be.

However, given that the cub is still very much in training, the noise recorded is nothing more than a tiny squeak.

To add further humor, the sound appears to take the lion by surprise and he stares at the camera worriedly and lifts his ears.

Regaining his composure, the cub looks off to the left and tries to roar again - the results are identical to his previous attempt.

He then looks off to the right - as if hoping that the change of direction will alter the sound - and squeaks once more.

The video concludes with the cub wandering back towards the long grass on the other side of the path and squeaking gently one last time.

Little information has been provided alongside the video and the location of the lion is unknown.

Since being posted to YouTube however, many people have commented on the adorable footage.

One person wrote: 'How cute,' while another, less impressed with the cub's efforts, joked: 'Mufasa would be so disappointed.'

What you lookin at?
  topbottom
09-27-2015, 09:32 AM   #2566083  /  #817
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
Kangaroo, Kangaroo.. Is that the best That you can do?

Ready for your close up? Man and kangaroo pose together for a hilarious selfie that sets the internet alight

The image has amassed nearly 2.5 million views on imgur.

It's unclear when or where the hilarious image was taken.

Wildlife parks say there has been a surge in kangaroo selfies.

Man's selfie with a kangaroo on imgur takes social media by storm | Daily Mail Online

Kangaroos have been making waves this year for frightening members of the public, but this picture shows they have a humorous side too.

The image shows the marvelous marsupial leaning toward the man with its mouth open in a pose which makes it difficult to see who is taking a picture of who.

It was shared on Reddit via imgur, where it has amassed nearly 2.5 million views and a litany of hilarious comments.

It's unclear where the image, titled 'my cousin wanted a selfie with a kangaroo,' was actually taken or by whom.

Last year Daily Telegraph reported that Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary on the Gold Coast had been inundated with visitors taking selfies with kangaroos, which they claimed is harder than it seems.

'Trying to take kangaroo selfies can be an ordeal,' said the parks digital and online marketing manager Sam Mistal.

'The funniest ones are when the kangaroos are showing human emotions like sticking their tongues out,' Ms Mistal said.

Kangaroo, Kangaroo..

Is that the best

That you can do?
  topbottom
09-28-2015, 08:51 AM
Mark Dreher
09-28-2015, 09:57 AM   #2566197  /  #818
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
New little cutie..

This Adorably Shy Red Panda Cub Debuts With A Little Help From Her Mom

Meet Tofu! Saturday, a little red panda named Tofu made her first public appearance at the Detroit Zoo.

This Adorably Shy Red Panda Cub Debuts With A Little Help From Her Mom - BuzzFeed News

Red pandas, which are native to Nepal, Myanmar, and central China, are classified as vulnerable by the International Union for Conservation of Nature. They are threatened due to deforestation as well as poaching.

“We’re happy to welcome Tofu to the Detroit Zoo, and to contribute to the captive population of this threatened species,” Scott Carter, Detroit Zoological Society chief life sciences officer, said in a statement.

Tofu’s mom is 10-year-old Ta-Shi, and her dad is Shifu, who is 6. Saturday, Ta-Shi brought Tofu out for her first public appearance at the zoo. But Tofu was very nervous, hiding underneath her mom’s tail for protection.

Tofu, is ready to greet her adoring fans..

Little cutie..
  topbottom
09-28-2015, 11:23 PM   #2566344  /  #819
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
Aww Ma come on!.. Guys just wanna have fun..

Turn it up, mom! One-year-old boy cranks the volume as he gets his groove on to Pitbull's hit Time of Our Lives

Spirited tot JP, from Salt Lake City, Utah, was filmed by his mother Stephanie while the pair were sitting in the car.

Every time she tried to turn the song down, the defiant youngster would turn it straight back up again.

Since the clip was originally posted in June, it has been viewed more than 246,000 times.

Adorable Baby Dancing to Hip Hop - So Funny! - YouTube

Utah baby cranks the volume for Pitbull's hit Time of Our Lives in the car | Daily Mail Online

There's no better feeling than sitting behind the wheel of your car, hearing your favorite song come on the radio and cranking up the volume to indulge in an in-car dancing session.

And nobody knows that adrenaline rush better than 17-month-old JP, who was caught on camera boogieing on down to the sounds of Pitbull and Ne-Yo's hip hop hit Time of Our Lives while waiting in the car with his mother, and personal cameraman, Stephanie.

At the start of the clip, JP, from Salt Lake City, Utah, can be seen standing up on the driver's seat, with his hands on the wheel of the parked car, before he bends down to crank up the volume on the radio, having heard his favorite song playing.

After raising the volume to ear-splitting level, JP begins nodding his head to the beat, while waving his arm around in the air to the upbeat tune.

But just moments after JP has lifted his hands off the wheel, raising them in the air to really kick his dynamic up a notch, his mother Stephanie leans over to turn down the volume, much to his dismay.

Refusing to be deterred from his jam session, the spirited youngster casts a less-than-impressed glare in his mother's direction, before defiantly leaning over to turn up the volume once again.

But while young JP might not look like a hip hop star, clad in his adorable monkey-print onesie, he certainly proves he has the attitude of a chart-topping music legend, as he pops back up and pointedly starts dancing once again, all the while staring as his mother, almost daring her to turn the volume down once again.

Which she does, much to his frustration.

And, no surprise, he is quick to grab the volume knob once again, cranking the hit up once again, prompting his mother to once again turn it back down, while laughing at his blatant disregard for her attempts to keep the noise down.

'You can't turn it up so loud!' she explains to the bewildered tot.

Aww Ma come on!..

Guys just wanna have fun..
  topbottom
09-30-2015, 12:02 AM   #2566621  /  #820
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
A puppy pal? Well, ain't that swell..

Donkey hit by a car nursed back to health by puppy pal

Gerreirinho the donkey was discovered in excruciating pain with three broken legs.

Donkey left to die after being hit by a car nursed back to health by puppy pal - Mirror Online

A young donkey left to die on the side of the road after being hit by a car has been nursed back to health by its new puppy pal.

Gerreirinho the donkey was discovered in excruciating pain with three broken legs and brought back to the home of Zenith Gurgel in the Brazilian city of Fortaleza.

There, the foal struck up an unusual friendship with Zenith's puppy.

Little and large: The puppy took care of the donkey as he recovered

She named the donkey Guerreirinho, meaning little warrior, and over the weeks as he recovered, the tiny puppy stayed by his side.

The publicity on Facebook has also helped Zenith raise enough money needed for Guerreirinho to have an operation and get back on his hooves again.

A puppy pal?

Well, ain't that swell..
  topbottom
09-30-2015, 06:15 AM
Mark Dreher
09-30-2015, 06:21 AM   #2566629  /  #821
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
With a little help from a friend..

This touching picture of a boy helping a blind deer to eat has warmed over 500,000 hearts in just four hours

Every day, before school, the good-natured youngster makes sure the visually impaired mammal has a hearty breakfast

This touching picture of a boy helping a blind deer to eat has warmed 500,000 hearts - Mirror Online

This is a picture to melt the frostiest of hearts.

It shows a ten-year-old boy leading a blind deer to a patch of grass, so the vulnerable animal can feed.

Every day, before school, the good-natured youngster makes sure the visually impaired cervine has a hearty breakfast.

And the touching image has become an online hit since being posted to Imgur - being viewed more than half a million times in just four hours.

Fellow social media users were quick to praise the boy's generous actions.

One, Admiralpopnfresh, said: "Some people are so awesome."

Another, Porkchopexpress, added: "Human of the Day!"
  topbottom
10-01-2015, 08:23 AM   #2566933  /  #822
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
Big scaredy cat..

Scaredy cat! Mountain lion perches on 35-foot utility pole after 'being spooked by bus of screaming school children'

The big cat clambered up the wooden power pole in rural Lucerne Valley.

Mountain lions live throughout Southern California but are rarely seen.

The cougar stayed atop the pole all afternoon Tuesday but was gone by Wednesday morning.

Mountain lion perches on utility pole in Lucerne Valley after 'being spooked by children' | Daily Mail Online

An elusive mountain lion took up a very public perch atop a 35-foot utility pole in the California desert.

The big cat apparently got spooked by a bus of screaming school children and clambered up the wooden power pole Tuesday in rural Lucerne Valley.

The cougar stayed atop the pole all afternoon Tuesday but was gone by Wednesday morning, the Daily Press of Victorville reported.

A staffer for the newspaper snapped a picture of the rare pole cat roost.

The creatures live throughout Southern California but are rarely seen.

Jose Ruiz, who lives across the street, said the cat endured more than just stares from gawkers and the watchful gaze of two California Department of Fish and Wildlife officers who shooed onlookers away.

Several birds made a racket harassing the animal.

'It was funny,' Ruiz said. 'It was like the one crow was saying, "Hey, you're not a crow."'

Cause? The big cat apparently got spooked by a bus of screaming school children.
  topbottom
10-04-2015, 04:31 PM   #2568189  /  #823
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
Scarey Bear y..

Smacking the ground and threatening to attack: Man records scary encounter with brown bear hiding under his PORCH

Video maker points camera under decking and films huge bear resting.

He looks for a way to remove it from his house as animal gets annoyed.

Suddenly bear throws its huge paws at the man and threatens to attack.

Eventually the animal escapes the garden, but not before defecating first.

Watch a Man Confront a Brown Bear Napping Under His Deck - YouTube

Man records shocking encounter with brown BEAR hiding under his house | Daily Mail Online

This terrifying point of view footage captures a face-to-face encounter with an angry brown bear.

The video shot in America shows the animal taking refuge under the wooden decking of a house when the homeowner disturbs it with his camera.

Filming the brown bear, while looking for a way to remove it from his property, Vance Hopkins faces off with the animal in one very intense encounter.

Commenting on the fact the bear is very large, and noting that he carries pepper spray in case of an emergency, Vance stirs the ground in front of it.

The bear reacts by throwing its huge arms forward and exhaling air in a menacing manner - warning the intruder to get back or suffer the consequences.

Choosing to stand his ground and comment on the fact that the bear could tear down his fence if he is to try and jump over it, Vance continues to record it in a very calm manner.

Meanwhile the bear pants in fury and continues to stare down the lens of the camera with a nervous look in its eye.

At this point Vance begins discussing the ways to remove the animal and notes that in an ideal world they will force it out of the front yard.

He then appears to show a little fear for the first time since the beginning of the encounter, and comments: 'I have dealt with some bears, but this guy is huge.'

He deduces that the bear is probably about ready to leave - the worried look on its face and the fact it almost backs off slightly highlight this point.

Additionally, the way in which it threatens to attack, like the cornered animal it currently finds itself to be, suggests that the bear wants to remove itself from the situation.

The most nerve-racking part of the video comes slightly later on when after a long period of sitting silently the bear lunges forward and throws both of its huge paws at the video maker.

Vance responds by backing off rapidly as the bear continues to vent its frustration by exhaling air in a very fierce manner.

The video concludes with the animal eventually escaping its hiding spot, jumping over some fencing and running away down the road.

But not before looking the video maker in the eye and defecating in his garden first.

That'l teach ya..
  topbottom
10-05-2015, 02:22 PM   #2568311  /  #824
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
Baby orangutan rescued..

Into the wild: Baby orangutan rescued from palm plantation returned to the jungle in Borneo

Orangutan baby Kebaco and her mother Ah Foo were released into the wild in Borneo, Malaysia.

Mother and baby were rescued from an oil palm plantation where harvest would have destroyed their home.

After being screened for diseases, the pair were released into a nature reserve which will be their new home.

Baby orangutan and mother returned to the jungle in Borneo | Daily Mail Online

A rescued baby orangutan and his mother have been successfully released back into the wild after their forest home was destroyed by farming deforestation.

Kebaco, 18 months old, and his mother Ah Foo had been living on an oil palm plantation on Borneo, Malaysia, which was set to be cut down during this year's harvest, destroying their home.

A local farmer raised the alarm ahead of the harvest, and a wildlife team were able to take them in and re-home them at a nature reserve on the island.

Come and get me!

Kebaco and Ah Foo were taken from the plantation to the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Center in Malaysia to screen them for disease before being released to set up their new home amongst fellow great apes.

After being kept under observation by the team at the Wildlife Rescue Unit for a few months, mother and baby were given the all-clear to be moved to their new home after some final medical checks.

After a last check-up and blood tests by Doctor Laura Benedict, from Sarawak, East Malaysia, the apes were driven deep into the Tabin Nature Reserve in the heart of the Sabah rain forest in May earlier this year.

On arrival at the chosen tree, nervous Kebaco had to be coaxed from her cage, whereas Ah Foo bolted into the foliage, knocking her baby from the tree in her haste.

However after acclimatising herself to her new surroundings, she collected Kebaco and built a nest for her sleepy baby to snuggle up for an afternoon nap.

Doctor Benedict, who was present at the release, said: 'When we first released them the mother actually straight away went up the tree leaving the baby behind.

'But after we left for about an hour she claimed back the baby from where we left her. This is the end of the operation for these particular orangutans but this will not end here.

'I'm certain that both of them will continue to survive well in the wild.'

Yikes! Cold.. Chilly work: Kebaco reacts to being put on a metal bench before having the final injections and tests ahead of his release.

Ouch!

Get it over with..

(Notice the thumb, on his feet, for hanging on..)
  topbottom
10-05-2015, 08:22 PM   #2568353  /  #825
Mark Dreher

Mark Dreher
'I want my mommy'..

'I want my mommy': Hilarious moment that Simba the husky appears to SPEAK after being left with friends

Video shows Simba the husky walking around a lounge appearing to speak.

Simba had been staying with friends as his owners were away for the night.

Man in the footage is so surprised at the noise he asks: 'What was that?'.

Social media users labelled the husky 'awesome' and 'the best dog ever'.

Simba says "I want my momma!" - YouTube

Simba the husky dog appears to SPEAK after being left with friends | Daily Mail Online

A dog staying with friends while his owner was away appeared to be missing his home so much he said: ‘I want my mummy.’

A 27-second video showing the groaning husky was uploaded online by Alex Bulmer last Monday.

It starts with the dog whining as another brown puppy jumps up on a sofa in front of him.

A man, believed to be a friend of the dog’s owner, can then be heard asking: ‘Simba, what’s wrong?’

As Simba, whose name means lion in Swahili, walks around the lounge it then sounds like he is saying: 'I want my mummy.'

The clip, which has been viewed more than 250,000 times, ends with the man asking: 'What was that Simba?'

Fans of the video quickly took to social media to label Simba 'awesome' and the 'best dog ever'.

Are you my mommy?
  topbottom

TalkRational Archive > Community > Arts and Entertainment

mark dreher owns, the best thread on, this gay forum

X vBulletin 3.8.6 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.38173 seconds
  • Memory Usage 4,454KB
  • Queries Executed 69 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD
  • (1)ad_footer_end