Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Where everybody votes on every last fucking thing.

Topic: Roy Moore is a pedophile (Read 2772 times) previous topic - next topic

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Re: Roy Moore is a pedophile
Reply #275
also lol people still seriously engaging with pandora

Reply #276
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/11/reckoning-with-bill-clintons-sex-crimes/545729/

i expect that all the democrats who were just incensed at the idea of bernie sanders speaking at a women's convention will take this very seriously.

• ksen
Reply #277
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/360237-gop-lawmaker-backing-moore-conservative-agenda-is-vastly-more-important

Rep Mo Brooks basically says the conservative agenda is more important than stopping child molesters.

Reply #278
The conservative agenda is molesting children  :ssh:

Reply #279
Since the GOP isn't even pretending anymore, the voters who used to pretend that they had some sort of small government (hah) principles or anything else at least can't fake it anymore either.

It is kinda fun on occasion to watch them on TV trying to figure out a way to keep the facade up.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #280
they've been overtaken by tribalism.  this is about their tribe, Team Red, vs. their Enemies.  and omg their enemies are everywhere omg omg.  so it's essential for Team Red to stick together, no matter what.  even if it means sacrificing every vestige of intellectual honesty, moral backbone, and even the policies and philosophy that were supposed to be the entire purpose of Team Red in the first place.

to be clear, I don't think all that is exactly what goes through most of their heads, but I do think it is effectively how they are behaving, because of their current beliefs and dynamics.

• el jefe
Reply #281
ryan says moore should drop out

and Jeff sessions is reportedly not interested in returning to the senate, either by appointment or as a write-in candidate in the special election.

Reply #282
who the fuck is scraeming "DROP OUT" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never drop out

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #283
Was just coming here to post that.

This past weekend, I spoke or messaged with more than a dozen people--including a major political figure in the state--who told me that they had heard, over the years, that Moore had been banned from the mall because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls. Some say that they heard this at the time, others in the years since. These people include five members of the local legal community, two cops who worked in the town, several people who hung out at the mall in the early eighties, and a number of former mall employees. (A request for comment from the Moore campaign was not answered.) Several of them asked that I leave their names out of this piece. The stories that they say they've heard for years have been swirling online in the days since the Post published its report. "Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls," the independent Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson wrote on his Web site on Sunday. (Wilson declined to divulge his sources.) Teresa Jones, a deputy district attorney for Etowah County in the early eighties, told CNN last week that "it was common knowledge that Roy dated high-school girls." Jones told me that she couldn't confirm the alleged mall banning, but said, "It's a rumor I've heard for years."
WTF?  Someone should bring the deputy district attorney up on charges too!
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

Reply #284
Charges for...what?

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #285
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

Reply #286

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #287
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• nesb
Reply #288
You don't elect a child molester to the US Senate with scruples.

Reply #289

Reply #290
Thank god we have vague twitter rumors to set the record straight

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #291
Charges for...what?
Aiding and abetting?  I dunno, but seems like there ought to be something for people in DA roles who knowingly turn a blind eye to crimes being committed.
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #292
Charges for...what?
Aiding and abetting?  I dunno, but seems like there ought to be something for people in DA roles who knowingly turn a blind eye to crimes being committed.

I am pretty sure there is not much a DA can do if no one even lays a complaint with the police. The 'common knowledge' she had wasn't actionable anyway - 'everyone' knew Moore was a man in his 30s who liked to try to date teenaged girls. Age of consent in Al is 16 iirc, and besides that 'dating' isn't illegal. Being kicked out of a mall because you're creeping on young girls also doesn't necessarily bring the law down on you - you can't be charged with 'being creepy' afaik. She wouldn't have known about any serious criminal sexual assaults, because those victims weren't talking.

Reply #293
Interesting how pandora is all "wah bring charges against the DA! But lay off the actual pedophile!"

Reply #294
Interesting how pandora is all "wah bring charges against the DA! But lay off the actual pedophile!"
I think she isn't supporting moore.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #295
I'm definitely not supporting Moore...of her posts.

Reply #296
LOL rush Limbaugh is saying Moore was a Democrat while he was hittin da mall cruisin for high school girls. It's probably worse to be called a Democrat than a pedophile in Alabama.

Like what is Limbaugh trying to say?

• el jefe
Reply #297
LOL rush Limbaugh is saying Moore was a Democrat while he was hittin da mall cruisin for high school girls. It's probably worse to be called a Democrat than a pedophile in Alabama.

Like what is Limbaugh trying to say?
so, if you think about, this is really the fault of the democrats, rather than roy moore

Reply #298
Roy Moore apparently sent a demand letter to WaPo.

http://archive.is/pYOei

I should remind you: Roy Moore is a lawyer. He was a judge. And the lawyers he chose apparently wrote that letter.

• Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:57:45 AM by uncool

Reply #299
Was it sent to wapo?  I thought I read "Alabama news outlets."