Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: the fools on this site pretend the dude with five telescopes is "a crazy old man."

Topic: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World) (Read 194056 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World)
Reply #39225
Hawkiins's dropping F-bombs is another one of his obvious tells.

You got caught in a lie, dave.
Elaine Ingham did not say that soil organisms were the only factor affecting soil acidity.
Did I?

How much are you willing to bet?  $1000?
Yeah, I'll bet.
With the same conditions that Faid specified.

But seriously:  my confidence that Ingham never said that is based on my perception of her as a pretty smart, well-educated, soil scientist. You know: octohatter in good standing. I don't know for sure that she never said something that stupid, but I doubt it.
But hey! Feel free to prove me wrong! Go ahead and quote her!  :popcorn:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #39226
Voxrat has gotten quiet.

He's franoogling.

:rofl:    Yeah, dave.
I googled "elaine ingham" + "soil organisms are the only factor affecting soil acidity" and didn't find anything.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #39227
Meanwhile, it looks like
You are just regurgitating what you have [mis]read

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #39228
Remember how yesterday Hawkins was going to support his misrepresentation of Testy's comment by finding the quote?
Remember how that ended in a classic faceplant/notpology?

• Faid
Reply #39229
Dave, you are know for a handful of things, but honesty is not one of them.
Go fuck yourself, liar. I'm the most honest person here.  Always have been.  Always will be.
That's great!

So, like any HONEST person would do, I'm sure you'll properly redo the payment to NCSE. Since the check didn't clear when you first tried, and you still owe them that money (as per the terms of the bet).

Right, HONEST Dave?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Zombies!
  • We're in the pipe, five by five.
Reply #39230
Go fuck yourself, liar. I'm the most honest person here.  Always have been.  Always will be.  You're the loser because you believe the lies about me.  Plus a myriad of other lies about Nature.
I love it, not personal at all.  Your lies are well documented, Dave.
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Sat May 19 2018
Go fuck yourself until you can learn how to respect me. Then we'll talk. And if this offends you and you don't want to participate in this thread anymore, then fine. There's plenty of other science threads to participate in.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #39231
Go fuck yourself, liar. I'm the most honest person here.  Always have been.  Always will be.  You're the loser because you believe the lies about me.  Plus a myriad of other lies about Nature.
I love it, not personal at all.  Your lies are well documented, Dave.
We should start tagging them with #AnotherHawkinsLie to make it easier to search when he makes these protestations of honesty. 
He has, many times, been challenged to support his accusations of others' dishonesty.
He's never met that challenge so far as I can recall.

Reply #39232
Voxrat has gotten quiet.

He's franoogling.

:rofl:    Yeah, dave.
I googled "elaine ingham" + "soil organisms are the only factor affecting soil acidity" and didn't find anything.
right. That's because she says it in the video.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #39233
The video you're about to provide a link to, right?    :popcorn:

• Fenrir
Reply #39234

And a timestamp
It's what plants crave.

• Zombies!
Reply #39235
Being honest involes more than saying you are,  and falsely accusing people of things, Dave.  
You have falsely accused me and others of being everything from liars to being child molesters.  That alone is a knock at your honesty.
Go fuck yourself until you can learn how to respect me. Then we'll talk. And if this offends you and you don't want to participate in this thread anymore, then fine. There's plenty of other science threads to participate in.

Reply #39236
Of course!

Reply #39237
Being honest involes more than saying you are,  and falsely accusing people of things, Dave. 
You have falsely accused me and others of being everything from liars to being child molesters.  That alone is a knock at your honesty.
No I haven't. You are lying.

Reply #39238
Of course!

Here it is. The video is only about 1 minute long. She says it several times but most unambiguously at about the 50 second mark.

https://youtu.be/sRPKBD4x-nA

• Fenrir
Reply #39239
Oh FFS
It's what plants crave.

• Faid
Reply #39240
No he isn't. You have essentially said that I might be a child molester, and then you tried to downplay it by saying you had merely "raised the possibility" (!!!) of me being a child molester. Also, you called at least two people here "baby killers" (and your justification for that was even more absurd, if that's even possible).

Scripta manent, dave.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Zombies!
Reply #39241
Be specific, do you disagree that you apologized for falsely accusing me of being a child molester?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #39242
Of course!

Here it is. The video is only about 1 minute long. She says it several times but most unambiguously at about the 50 second mark.

Welp, you owe Faid & me each $1000.
She did not say "soil organisms are the only factor affecting soil acidity".
And nothing she did say could be construed as meaning that.
Unless, of course, the construer is an idiot.

• Zombies!
Reply #39243
Of course!

Welp, you owe Faid & me each $1000.
She did not say "soil organisms are the only factor affecting soil acidity".
And nothing she did say could be construed as meaning that.
Unless, of course, the construer is an idiot.
Congratulations!
What will you be spending this windfall on?

Reply #39244
The whole fucking enchilada with HMG is to mimic Nature's designs, a great example of which is found in the rainforest.

Why the fuck do you think HMG ranchers don't have to apply bagged fertilizers to make their pastures super productive, so productive that they can support two and three times the conventional stocking rates?

It's because they are following Nature's designs, a great example of which can be found in the rainforest.

Good Lord, you people are so brainwashed it's pathetic!
Nature's design for rainforests is for them to be forest, Dave, not pasture. Cutting down the trees to convert rainforest to pasture is not in any way mimicking nature's design.

Reply #39245
I kinda wonder how much of this comes back to Dave's idiotic notion that the amount of vegetation in an area controls the amount of rainfall. Like does he think if you cut down a certain amount of trees in the rainforest, the amount of rainfall will drop to Missouri levels?

• Faid
Reply #39246
The whole fucking enchilada with HMG is to mimic Nature's designs, a great example of which is found in the rainforest.

Why the fuck do you think HMG ranchers don't have to apply bagged fertilizers to make their pastures super productive, so productive that they can support two and three times the conventional stocking rates?

It's because they are following Nature's designs, a great example of which can be found in the rainforest.

Good Lord, you people are so brainwashed it's pathetic!
Nature's design for rainforests is for them to be forest, Dave, not pasture. Cutting down the trees to convert rainforest to pasture is not in any way mimicking nature's design.
What, you mean you haven't seen the famous Stripeforests of Davelandia? With the all-natural occuring 330ft-wide strips of grassland between the trees? Strips where large herbivores bunch and graze, only to move down the length of the strip when jaguars jump at them from the wood? Nature's Design at its finest!
  • Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:58:00 AM by Faid

Reply #39247
When he first started talking about opening up the canopy 50% or whatever, was he talking about cutting down every other tree? Or is that just what I was picturing? Has it always been about these stripes? I'm not sure which is worse, but I feel like probably the stripes are. I feel like the rainforest would have a chance at recovery if it was what I was originally picturing. Not so much with the stripes.

• Peez
Reply #39248
Dave:
I would wager that you don't even know what controls acidity.  It's the soil organisms, not anything else. 

VoxRat:
Oh?
Who told you that

Dave:
Elaine Ingham

Elaine Ingham:
What's happening to the soil pH as it starts going aerobic?  (nods) It starts to drop.  Now you're starting out with a soil that has a pH of nine, it's going to take a while before we get down to a pH of two, but it'll get there eventually if you let it be anaerobic long enough.  This compost pile, pH is dropping in this compost pile very rapidly, and that's not going to be beneficial to a plant as that pH starts to drop to a low point.  But you see it is the biology that is controlling that pH. It's not chemicals who are drawn into the compost pile, it's the biology that's dropping the pH in that soil.  What happens under aerobic conditions?  Who controls the pH in the soil under aerobic conditions?  Oh it's the biology.  pH is a consequence of having the proper organisms present, and we have to understand that one too.

• Zombies!
Reply #39249
Now we're ALL invisible?