Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• I'm gonna have to be drunk for this. So, I guess; it is still the same old TR.

Topic: Sweeping gene survey reveals new facets of evolution (Read 4439 times) previous topic - next topic

• Faid
Re: Sweeping gene survey reveals new facets of evolution
Reply #250
Also in my descriptions of the evolution of birds or humans or whales* I never even employed the idea of "poof". My arguments have been scrupulously stated in pure evolution terms. In other words I played by the evolution theory rules.

* Note that I never fleshed out the ichthyosaur to whale theory. My emphasis has been on birds and humans.
"Hatched from their eggs" is not 'poof'?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #251
Remember my talking about Nature's genetic engineering?
Something about Advanced Genetic Engineers from the Quantum Plenum, wasn't it?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #252
Also, those Natural Genetic Engineers must have been really high on Aether when they 'designed' the transition from pterosaur wing to bird wing. But I digress...
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• socrates1
Reply #253
From RickB
Mutations in lineages happen on a daily basis.  Every offspring is different from its parents. 

Is that what evolution theory considers a "mutation"?
I have never seen that idea in anything published.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #254
Look harder.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #255
From RickB
Mutations in lineages happen on a daily basis.  Every offspring is different from its parents. 

It's what Genetics considers a mutation.
And you've read all there is to read about mutations, right?

Apparently you missed a highschool textbook or two.

• socrates1
Reply #256
From RickB

If anyone knows of a published reference to this idea please give us the reference link and copy what you think is the relevant material.

• Fenrir
Reply #257
From RickB

If anyone knows of a published reference to this idea please give us the reference link and copy what you think is the relevant material.

Here's one.

One of so very many.

You can even read it online.

You're welcome.

It's what plants crave.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #258
:rofl:    "Socrates", the world-renowned expert on genetics, needs us to spoon-feed him the definition of mutation :rofl:

• socrates1
Reply #259
In apparent confirmation of this punctuated equilibrium view of evolution, the fossil record of an evolutionary progression typically consists of species that suddenly appear, and ultimately disappear, hundreds of thousands or millions of years later, without any change in external appearance.[78][91][93]

In other words "poof". According to the fossil record.
But my position which I have posted many times is more nuanced than that. Remember my talking about Nature's genetic engineering?
According to the fossil record, species "suddenly appear". The scientific theory is "poof". That theory is absurd. It is a misguided theory. 

• Faid
Reply #260
From RickB

LITERALY first hit on google on "human mutation rate per generation":

https://www.nature.com/news/2009/090827/full/news.2009.864.html

First sentence:
Every time human DNA is passed from one generation to the next it accumulates 100-200 new mutations, according to a DNA-sequencing analysis of the Y chromosome.
Dude. Just stop posting. Make it easy on yourself.

• Faid
Reply #261
In apparent confirmation of this punctuated equilibrium view of evolution, the fossil record of an evolutionary progression typically consists of species that suddenly appear, and ultimately disappear, hundreds of thousands or millions of years later, without any change in external appearance.[78][91][93]

But my position which I have posted many times is more nuanced than that. Remember my talking about Nature's genetic engineering?
According to the fossil record, species "suddenly appear". The scientific theory is "poof". That theory is absurd. It is a misguided theory. 
But "hatched from their eggs" isn't?

Anyway, someone so utterly oblivious about mutations is in no position to determine what is "absurd" or "misguided".

Git gud, then come back.

• socrates1
Reply #262

I do not and never have believed the idea of poof. But that is the only explanation that evolutionists have.

• Faid
Reply #263
"hatched from their eggs"

• Faid
Reply #264
Anyway, someone so utterly oblivious about mutations is in no position to determine what is "absurd" or "misguided".

Git gud, then come back.
Worth repeating.

• socrates1
Reply #265

I do not and never have believed the idea of poof. But that is the only explanation that evolutionists have.
The source of the changes is simply invisible to our senses. Just as the quantum vacuum (plenum) is invisible to our senses.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #266
Oh, finally,  we're back to the Quantum Plenum!

• socrates1
Reply #267

The source of the changes is simply invisible to our senses. Just as the quantum vacuum (plenum) is invisible to our senses.
"Quantum plenum" is simply the name scientists give for an entire realm they know nothing about and that our senses cannot detect. But even so people talk as if they know about it.

• socrates1
Reply #268

"Quantum plenum" is simply the name scientists give for an entire realm they know nothing about and that our senses cannot detect. But even so people talk as if they know about it.
Given that we know so little about the totality of reality it is humorous when people make assertions about reality based only only on what they can detect with their senses. Especially since science already has established the existence of the domain that is invisible to the senses.

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #269

Given that we know so little about the totality of reality it is humorous when people make assertions about reality based only only on what they can detect with their senses. Especially since science already has established the existence of the domain that is invisible to the senses.
So, it's okay to make assertions about reality based only on what you can't detect with your senses? That seems worse...and stupid.

• socrates1
Reply #270

It does not occur to folks that their thinking is based not on the total of reality but only on the slice of reality that is visible to the senses. And even more that they themselves contain both elements that are visible to the senses and elements that are not visible to the senses.

• Photon
Reply #271

It does not occur to folks that their thinking is based not on the total of reality but only on the slice of reality that is visible to the senses. And even more that they themselves contain both elements that are visible to the senses and elements that are not visible to the senses.
Which allows you to make pronouncements based on no evidence at all! Win-win! No need to adhere to pesky reality, quantum plenum solves everything!

• socrates1
Reply #272

Which allows you to make pronouncements based on no evidence at all! Win-win! No need to adhere to pesky reality, quantum plenum solves everything!
It is the evolutionists that make the pronouncements. Right? In spite of the fact that science has already established the existence of a domain beyond the senses.

• Photon
Reply #273

It is the evolutionists that make the pronouncements. Right? In spite of the fact that science has already established the existence of a domain beyond the senses.
No, YOU are making pronouncements about the source of evolutionary change being similar to the unknown quantum plenum, no doubt to support some idiosyncratic religious designer agenda. That's YOU doing it, based on exactly nothing.

• socrates1
Reply #274

No, YOU are making pronouncements about the source of evolutionary change being similar to the unknown quantum plenum, no doubt to support some idiosyncratic religious designer agenda. That's YOU doing it, based on exactly nothing.
The "quantum vacuum" is simply the name that scientists give for a domain not visible to the senses. And in fact they even get off on the wrong foot because it is not a vacuum but a plenum. If you wish to ignore that domain that is of course your call. Continue to try to shoehorn reality into explanations that demand that reality only be what we can sense with our senses.