Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: it's as if at least two distinct groups of people who have diametrically opposed points of view with completely incompatible underlying assumptions are having an argument. Oh, and for added fun, everyone here seems to believe that everyone else is a disingenuous prick or a complete retard.

Topic: Tapatalk (Read 196 times) previous topic - next topic

Tapatalk
I only find the TR archive in Tapatalk. Can the active forum be reached in the app?

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: Tapatalk
Reply #1
It cannot.

Reply #2
there is a mobile version of this site and it's pretty good imo

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #3
^ I'm thick but do you mean the skin setting?

Reply #4
there is a mobile version of this site and it's pretty good imo

How do I access it? I'm posting this using my phone's browser. It's useable but it isn't a mobile version. Looks the same as the desktop version.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #5
The site automatically senses the screen size/orientation and switches you to the mobile version.  The main difference you'll see is that the links at the top of the page become images instead of words.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #6
I can't get Tapatalk to work at all
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #7
Tapatalk isn't installed in this version of TR.  Elkarte forums didn't want to work with the tapatalk team so the site can be used in their app.

Reply #8
The site automatically senses the screen size/orientation and switches you to the mobile version.  The main difference you'll see is that the links at the top of the page become images instead of words.
I have to use the screen magnifier to read the text of posts. A mobile version would scale the fonts and UI for screen size AND dpi. On my iPhone SE it's just a miniaturized desktop site with tiny fonts.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #9
SE is cool. Do you have desktop version on? This is the first forum that is good on fone browser imo

Reply #10
I get the same Talkrational regardless of whether I request desktop or mobile.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #11
are you toggled to desktop mode? It doesn't matter if you are in android, but maybe it matters with iphone?

Reply #12
I've toggled back and forth between both. Same site.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #13
What template are you using?

Reply #14
You mean Theme? Elk Arte Default.

I don't usually use my phone on TR. But I'm away from home visiting family for the holidays, and brought my tablet, which isn't working all the time. So I have been using my phone browser. FWIW, the site looks the same in Safari or Edge (yes, Edge for iPhone).

This is pretty much THE reason I don't normally browse the web on my phone. Apps will scale fonts according to iOS settings, but the browser doesn't. And if the website doesn't have a reader mode, the fonts are almost always too tiny for me to read without glasses or screen magnifier.
  • Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:31:06 AM by Autonemesis