Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: spewing shitposts into the twitterverse for 4 years and counting

Topic: What Movie have you watched lately? (Read 4107 times) previous topic - next topic

• Monad
Re: What Movie have you watched lately?
Reply #250
Just watching "The Girl With All the Gifts". I'm 1/3 of the way in and I think it has the creepiest scene out of any zombie movie I've seen so far. Also, a cordiceps variant as the source of the zombie plague is nifty. Well worth watching.

Isn't that just pinched from 'The last of us' though? And X-Files.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #251
I'm sure that aspect has been used before. It was done well here though.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #252
Finally watched "Bright" (Netflix original) a couple of nights ago. It was fun. The story was fairly predictable, but it keeps going and by the (almost) end, it's astonishing to realize that the whole movie basically occurs over the course of one day.

The racism was pretty blatant, both in the positive and negative sides, and there were some fun easter eggs in it. Definitely worth sitting through.

• Monad
Reply #253
I thought Bright was shite

• ksen
Reply #254
It's impossible for orcs to be racist.

I thought the premise for Bright was interesting but the execution was meh.

• Monad
Reply #255
It's impossible for orcs to be racist.

I thought the premise for Bright was interesting but the execution was meh.

Yes

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #256
imo could've been better with someone other than Will Smith

• Monad
Reply #257
imo could've been better with someone other than Will Smith

Well you could say that about most of his movies, although to be fair I felt he redeemed himself a bit in my eyes in Suicide Squad (for once he was not playing himself)

• tysixtus
  • TITS GUNS
Reply #258
I watched Bladerunner 2049 last night.  Really great movie.  The cinematography was even better on my TV than in the theater (I think I sat too close in the theater).  It's long, but worth every minute.

• Monad
Reply #259
Yes I liked it better second time around and am looking forwards to seeing it again when it's out on BluRay