Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: 4/5 board policy hobbyists agree.

Topic: Invertebrates (Read 505 times) previous topic - next topic

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Re: Invertebrates
Reply #25
Orange whale lice on dead whale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoT_FwIa62I&app=desktop

Note whale lice are ordinarily harmless or even beneficial, eating algae and dead skin.
Well, there's certainly a lot of dead skin there.
Are we there yet?

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Reply #26
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #27
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #28
Poor thing looks terrified.

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #29

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #30
beees!

One of those baby bees had a parasitic mite on it.

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #31

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #32
The peacock katydid.

Pterochroza ocellata, the peacock katydid, is an insect in the family Tettigoniidae. The species is a leaf-mimic katydid; when it is in repose its camouflage resembles a diseased or dead leaf. The katydid owes both its common name and its specific epithet (ocellata, meaning "marked with little eyes") to its startle display, in which it shows false eye spots on its normally hidden hind wings.

Reply #33
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #34
pragmatic

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #35
The appropriately named Honeypot Ant

Honeypot ants, also called honey ants, are ants which have specialized workers (repletes, plerergates, or rotunds) that are gorged with food by workers to the point that their abdomens swell enormously. Other ants then extract nourishment from them. They function as living larders. Honeypot ants belong to any of several genera, including Myrmecocystus and Camponotus. They were first documented in 1881 by Henry C. McCook, and described further in 1908 by William Morton Wheeler.