Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: You probably won't be protected from free speech that you don't like.

Topic: The Cat Thread (Read 5082 times) previous topic - next topic

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: The Cat Thread
Reply #150
I swear they all have stereotypically Russian expressions.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #151
The shorthairs are kinda cranky.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #152
They're probably colder.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #153
Ya think?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #154
Hee! There's a tuxedo sitting up on something in one of the pics who looks out of place, like a city slicker who came out to visit the cousins, got the ginger neighbour preggers, and never made it home again... but sometimes... he remembers.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #155

I think it's the pink nose that makes him look out of his element.

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #156
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Reply #157
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• MSG
Reply #158
braying among the ruins

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #159
Lol, msg check cat gif thread.  :grin:

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #160

It's science!

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #161

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #162
omg ew ew ew

Food obsessed mancat just lunged in the dark and was making noise, so I flipped my lamp on and saw a fucking cockroach scurry. Cat kept going after it, and I instinctively yelled no but then quickly changed track to KILL IT KILL IT GET IT PIGGY, and he got it just as it was trying to run underneath his cat bed. And then he carried it in his mouth to the other side of the room and started chewing on it, and it took me a second to shoo him away so I could scoop up the dismembered pieces and flush them down the toilet.

:barf:

After I got back into bed, he came over and looked up at me, and ew ew ew there was a fucking cockroach leg barely stuck on his fur near his mouth.

:barf:

brb setting the entire city block on fire and dipping my cat in one of those lye dips they use in sheep and dogs and also not sleeping again for like a fucking week

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #163
I feel that way about earwigs, but the cat won't eat them.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #164
I really, really, really hate cockroaches. I have a terrible visceral reaction to them. It is very difficult for me to kill the small ones, and the large ones I can't even look at, much less squish with a shoe. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl.

Very glad my cat is a savage motherfucker because that thing was completely done for and dismembered in seconds, but :barf: the COCKROACH LEG ON HIS FUR.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #165
You have katsaridaphobia!:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140918-the-reality-about-roaches

There are cockroaches here, one occasionally hears of them infesting a building, but I have personally not seen one since I lived in Florida 1957/58.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #166
You have katsaridaphobia!:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140918-the-reality-about-roaches

It is a psychological gateway into a lengthy laundry list of traumatic experiences: digging through a box of supplies in my outdoor playhouse when a roach zips out and scuttles up my leg, its spiky appendages pricking at my skin.

Finding a small dead cockroach tangled in my wet hair after a trip to the beach, and thereafter suffering recurring nightmares of picking roaches out of my hair.

ty asked me the other day if I would ever consider moving to a place like Georgia, so thank you for sharing that article and reminding me that my answer should be a big ol' fucking NOPE.

There are cockroaches here, one occasionally hears of them infesting a building, but I have personally not seen one since I lived in Florida 1957/58.

You lucky bastard.

Also stop giving me reasons to move to Canada.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #167
UPEI, home of Atlantic Veterinary College, http://www.upei.ca/avc/:

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #168
I worked with a Canadian vet who went to AVC, and one of my coworkers ended up going there, and there's definitely a reason why you chose pictures from spring/summer to share. :v:

So, on the one hand, they have snowstorms so bad that the bridge to civilization gets shut down, but I will also likely never encounter a cockroach. :hmm:

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #169
PEI is gorgeous. It's basically one big farm with beaches.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #170
That is very pretty.

Since I can't go there right now, I think the only other solution is to get more cats because lighting everything on fire is :airquote: arson :airquote: and :airquote: a crime :airquote: .

::)

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #171
I am endorsing the More Cats option.  :unsure:

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #172

Some cats mentally don't take to indoor life.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #173
I think I mentioned this was going to happen, but it is now official: Nova Scotia is the first Canadian province to ban the declawing of cats entirely.

"I see declawing as a mutilation of an animal for no direct benefit to the animal. It's something that's done mostly to protect furniture," said retired veterinarian Hugh Chisholm, who has advocated for a declawing ban for years.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/nova-scotia-becomes-1st-province-to-ban-cat-declawing-1.4577216

Dr. Chisholm was my cat vet for a few years when I lived in the city. He was lovely. I still remember him colourfully explaining to me the habit of young cats to not curl their tails up when sitting near a curb, resulting in their tail getting parked on, causing the cat to leap forward violently, severely spraining their hindquarters in the effort. Which was why my young tom was temporarily rear end paralyzed.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #174
I've become convinced that banning declaws is the only way to get it to stop. If it's legal, there's too much fucking pressure and politics forcing doctors who really don't want to do it to go ahead and do it anyway.