Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: no u

Topic: Thread for self righteous men (Read 6184 times) previous topic - next topic

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: Thread for self righteous men
Reply #800
No Borealis I don't have a low opinion of men. I have a realistic view of men because I am one.

You have a realistic view of one man - yourself. Otherwise, as even evidenced by the men in this thread, your view is jaundiced and cynical, and clearly wrong.

And once in awhile I run across women who also have a realistic view of men. I had a business partner one time who had a wife like this. She understood that men are more visually oriented than women and she made sure to meet that need for him in some pretty creative ways.

Ffs, Dave, you're describing a consensual sexual long term relationship. I'm sure your business partner made an effort to be attractive for her also. Men are only marginally more 'visually oriented' than women' and think about sex onlt marginally more often. Furthermore there is a great variety from one person to another. I had a long term partner once who failed to notice for over a week that I'd cut 18 inches off my hair.

https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/sex-lies-men-myths-0217137

You have misjudged me and if you are like most women, you have misjudged all men.

Bullshit. You are ONE man, and if I've misjudged you it is on the side of thinking you better than you are. And afaict you know fuck-all about women, likely because you don't listen and are remarkably ignorant.

There are very few women on the face of the Earth who really understand men properly and on the flip side there are very few men who truly understand women. This might explain why a pastor friend recently confided in me that he believe that half of all marriages split up and of the half that stay together only half of those are truly happy.

Maybe your main problem is failing to recognise that men and women are human, and far more alike than different. Your pastor friend might want to look into the marriage failure statistics for fundamentalists - it's higher than average most likely because fundamentalists teach stupid attitudes towards women, which results in unhappy partnerships.

You learn nothing by trying to shove people into boxes marked 'men' and 'women'.

Reply #801
"displaying her wares"

They aren't wares Dave. 

To many women, they are. And they know how to use them to manipulate and control men.
See, now this is how the issue is paradigmatic. If you learn to accept as a truth that men are slaves to their sex drives, then the natural consequence of that is that women have a weapon to use against men and it makes it almost seem obvious that men shouldn't let women have the power to exercise that weapon. But the fact is that men are not slaves to their sex drives. We do have the power to exercise judgment. But if we accept that we don't need to because we can't, then a whole lot of really fucked up consequences for women follow.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #802
to be fair every Nazi I've met has been a bitter person
YOU  Valor ... are one person i WOULD charactrrize as "bitter."  I've not seen the likes of the Venom you spew coming from any other person here at TR.

So maybe that makes you a Nazi?

"Every cat is an animal, therefore every animal is a cat."
- Dave Hawkins

And of course, Dave still doesn't understand what "Nazi" means.

Reply #803
Borealis I finally agree with you on something... That fundies have worse marriages than most other people. Of course I don't know that to be the case for sure, but I could believe it.

But my larger point is that there are very few really great marriages. I'm convinced of that. I'm not sure why but I suspect that differences in men and women have quite a bit to do with it.

Reply #804
Wouldn't it be neat if we could go like 10 pages without seeing the word Nazi? That has gotten really stupid.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #805
I'm not extrapolating. Look at the researchers who research this stuff.

The 50% divorce rate is essentially an anomaly, is declining, and is misleading. Society is changing. The reasons people marry at all are changing. Divorce isn't necessarily a bad thing, either.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/02/upshot/the-divorce-surge-is-over-but-the-myth-lives-on.html

Reply #806
One thing that is worth noting and I'm surprised it doesn't come up more often with this crowd is comparison of human sexuality with other animals sexuality. And I use the word other for your benefit, not mine. If it was up to me I would not use that word because I don't think that humans are just another animal.

Anyway I deal with farm animals and if you put a bull in with a bunch of cows guess what's going to happen? Pretty much the same thing is going to happen that most college freshmen boys would like to have happen at a frat party where the sister sorority is invited. My point is... Biology is what it is. But there's an interesting difference between cows and humans , namely, humans have some degree of self-control whereas bulls do not. Does  anyone else find this interesting?
  • Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:19:23 PM by Dave Hawkins

Reply #807
New York Times LOL

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #808
Borealis I finally agree with you on something... That fundies have worse marriages than most other people. Of course I don't know that to be the case for sure, but I could believe it.

But my larger point is that there are very few really great marriages. I'm convinced of that. I'm not sure why but I suspect that differences in men and women have quite a bit to do with it.

I dunno. I've witnessed plenty good marriages, mine included.

What do you think these marriage destroying differences are?

As for fundy marriages, it is the absurd expectations placed on the man and woman partner that help drive up the divorce rate. You once stated that you'd be upset if your wife decided to go back to university, because that wasn't part of the deal or something. No marriage is going to be happy if people feel locked into a stagnating role dictated to them by a partner, or worse, and outside agency such as a church.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #809
New York Times LOL

with cited research, Dave.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #810
You have a realistic view of one man - yourself. ...

:unsure: 

Quote from: Dave Hawkins
Someday, you may figure out that I have a high speed mind that runs circles around most people.
I'm a pretty unusual guy and it's not stupidity that has gotten me where I am. It's brilliance.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #811
"What do you think these marriage destroying differences are?"

All kinds of stuff.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #812
New York Times LOL
Says the guy who regularly cites Conservative Playpen

LOL
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #813
I suspect that differences in men and women have quite a bit to do with it.
...  so you think the prospects are better for same-sex marriages?

Reply #814
I think a good marriage requires lots of areas of compatibility. You need to have things you enjoy doing together besides sex.

• Faid
Reply #815
"displaying her wares"

They aren't wares Dave. 

To many women, they are. And they know how to use them to manipulate and control men.
Oh FFS.

ETA lol, literally ninja'd
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #816
You have a realistic view of one man - yourself. ...

:unsure: 

Someday, you may figure out that I have a high speed mind that runs circles around most people.
I'm a pretty unusual guy and it's not stupidity that has gotten me where I am. It's brilliance.

Lol! Point taken.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #817

All kinds of stuff.

"Stuff."

Iow, you have nfi.

• Pingu
Reply #818
I'm not extrapolating. Look at the researchers who research this stuff.

What you SAID was

I have a realistic view of men because I am one

Not because you'd done a fucking lit review.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Faid
Reply #819
Wouldn't it be neat if we could go like 10 pages without seeing the word Nazi? That has gotten really stupid.
You can always use the ignore function, dave. And I mean actually use, it, not pretend that you do.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #820

All kinds of stuff.

"Stuff."

Iow, you have nfi.
no I have a good idea of the ones for the people I've talked to. And I've talked to a fair number over the years, perhaps a hundred different couples.

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Reply #821
One thing that is worth noting and I'm surprised it doesn't come up more often with this crowd is comparison of human sexuality with other animals sexuality. And I use the word other for your benefit, not mine. If it was up to me I would not use that word because I don't think that humans are just another animal.

Anyway I deal with farm animals and if you put a bull in with a bunch of cows guess what's going to happen? Pretty much the same thing is going to happen that most college freshmen boys would like to have happen at a frat party where the sister sorority is invited. My point is... Biology is what it is. But there's an interesting difference between cows and humans , namely, humans have some degree of self-control whereas bulls do not. Does  anyone else find this interesting?
Many female mammals, but not humans, have a recognizable estrus period when they are receptive to mating. The males can sense this and that's when they are interested.
I once drove into a ranch yard with corrals on either side of the drive. So I got to drive between a rather interested stud, and a mare with her tail up and her backside shoved against the fence as hard as she could.
What does that say about humans?
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Today at 07:50:40 AM
Lol
Sea Star has been trolling me this whole time.

Reply #822
Why would I do a literature review to try to understand men? But I did do a miniature literature review to try to understand how many marriages are happy.

• Faid
Reply #823
You can always use the ignore function, dave. And I mean actually use, it, not pretend that you do.

Apparently albatrosses and royal penguins have more self-control than both. How's that for 'interesting?

Reply #824

Many female mammals, but not humans, have a recognizable estrus period when they are receptive to mating. The males can sense this and that's when they are interested.
I once drove into a ranch yard with corrals on either side of the drive. So I got to drive between a rather interested stud, and a mare with her tail up and her backside shoved against the fence as hard as she could.
What does that say about humans?
humans and horses are different to be sure. But again the interesting thing to me is that humans have some degree of self-control. I think horses do not.