Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational:  Surprisingly bad at this.

Topic: Thread for self righteous men (Read 6209 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: Thread for self righteous men
Reply #1025
Hawkins seems to think this "truth" he's constantly braying about is defined as whatever words he says.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #1026
Also I think I am doing a service to humanity by warning people about blind guides like you.
well that's pretty delusional since every single reader of your words here seems to think Pingu is a pretty good scientist, that you suck at it, and that you are a complete asshole into the bargain.
So truth is determined by majorities?
Truth is determined by observation. :)
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1027
Also I think I am doing a service to humanity by warning people about blind guides like you.
well that's pretty delusional since every single reader of your words here seems to think Pingu is a pretty good scientist, that you suck at it, and that you are a complete asshole into the bargain.
It sure as hell isn't determined by you.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #1028
That's better. Thank you for acknowledging that.

Reply #1029
Oh. Whoops. Did I just lose a point for team Darwin?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1030
You seem to have missed the point.
Let's go back how you think you're providing a service to humanity.
Do you think that's working pretty well?

• Pingu
Reply #1031
My criticism was that you don't read as well as you think you do. And that seems to be correct in light of your comment here...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dave?  You continually get busted posting articles that don't mean what you thing they do!
You back yourself into a corner, like the supplementary feed needed by dairy goats, and what do you do?
You stagger in and post a passage that's three font sizes larger, which talks about the dietary needs of hair sheep.

Less than a few hours after Pingu carefully explained, multiple times, why dairy goats need extra protein.

I wonder often where you would find yourself in a standard reading test?  Sixth or seventh grade?

She's wrong.  And I have personally proven she's wrong with my own dairy goat operation.  She sucks at science.  She's arrogant.  She's a sophisticated liar.  You should quit looking to her for guidance.  She's a blind guide.  She should be fired from her post at her university.  She probably got the post in the first place for reasons other than being good at real science.

And you said you weren't a bitter man?

And so transparent. Is directly insulted by man who often deeply insults him - reacts by flinging poo at woman who has often tried to help him understand things and only recently has been mildly sarcastic at him.
I've told him to fuck off a few times.  I don't like baseless accusations of dishonesty and whatever he thinks of me as a  scientist, the idea that I only got my job because of some positive discrimination thing is offensive to all women.  I got it in the normal way, i.e largely on the basis of my research output about which Dave knows fuck all.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Zombies!
  • We're in the pipe, five by five.
Reply #1032
My criticism was that you don't read as well as you think you do. And that seems to be correct in light of your comment here...
Dave?  You continually get busted posting articles that don't mean what you thing they do!
You back yourself into a corner, like the supplementary feed needed by dairy goats, and what do you do?
You stagger in and post a passage that's three font sizes larger, which talks about the dietary needs of hair sheep.

Less than a few hours after Pingu carefully explained, multiple times, why dairy goats need extra protein.

I wonder often where you would find yourself in a standard reading test?  Sixth or seventh grade?

She's wrong.  And I have personally proven she's wrong with my own dairy goat operation.  She sucks at science.  She's arrogant.  She's a sophisticated liar.  You should quit looking to her for guidance.  She's a blind guide.  She should be fired from her post at her university.  She probably got the post in the first place for reasons other than being good at real science.

And you said you weren't a bitter man?

And so transparent. Is directly insulted by man who often deeply insults him - reacts by flinging poo at woman who has often tried to help him understand things and only recently has been mildly sarcastic at him.
I don't often deeply insult him!
I think I am doing a service to humanity by warning people about blind guides like you bucket poopers that cannot read, farm, understand science, or even hold a discussion with Pingu about elementary science.
I AM PROVIDING A SERVICE. :smug:

ETA: My sig is topical AGAIN.
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on 11-23-2015 at 01:59 AM Also it doesn't help that you are a woman ... I've had some bad experiences with super controlling manipulative women in my life and I now react really strongly to that.

EETA:  I can't see how Borealis might have mistaken my demonstrating that reality has a pronounced anti Dave Hawkins bias for deeply insulting him.  I'm shocked, SHOCKED that this is the conclusion she lept to.  I am, like the sun, a humble agent hoping to promote growth. :stuckup:
  • Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 05:00:38 AM by Zombies!
Dave Hawkins on 11-23-2015, The  poor boy is easily triggered: 
Also it doesn't help that you are a woman ... I've had some bad experiences with super controlling manipulative women in my life and I now react really strongly to that.

• Fenrir
Reply #1033
Part of me feels like we all NEED to be preached at a bit for a topic that's this important.  I mean think about it ... we're talking about our very existence as a human race ... our very ability to feed ourselves.  Yeah it's that important.  Why not preach about it a bit?  I WANT people to get energized ... Coaches preach to their athletes about far less important matters.  Why?  To stir their emotions so they will wake up and do something useful for the cause.

It is indeed an important topic.

Were you thinking about maybe attempting to contribute to it at some point in the future?

Coz sure as fuck you've never contributed anything yet.
It's what plants crave.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #1034
Can you give me a quick refresher on Nested Hierarchies Dave? I'm sure you still have a good grasp of them after your thouough schooling of Pingu on the subject recently.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Zombies!
  • We're in the pipe, five by five.
Reply #1035
I think it's time we scraped together $20 so Dave can get laid.
Dave Hawkins on 11-23-2015, The  poor boy is easily triggered: 
Also it doesn't help that you are a woman ... I've had some bad experiences with super controlling manipulative women in my life and I now react really strongly to that.

• Faid
Reply #1036
ooooh boy.

You know dave, up until now I had not realized that your narcissism and arrogance actually hides a YUGE inferiority complex.

Congrats, you managed to surprise me once again.

But you know, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The fact that you react with such anger and bitterness to Pingu constantly schooling you, shows that perhaps there's a small amount of a cognitive dissonance effect going on in your poor brain. The whisper of Small, Insecure Dave can sometimes be heard over the bombastic proclamations of Hawkins the Brilliant. And that makes Hawkins the Brilliant furious.

But maybe that whisper persists. Maybe.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1037
I sent him a check for that.
But it was never cashed.
He must have lost it.

Reply #1038
ooooh boy.

You know dave, up until now I had not realized that your narcissism and arrogance actually hides a YUGE inferiority complex.
Um. That's kind of what narcissism is. The behavior which results from the inability to process shame. At Least, that's the way Sandy Hotchkiss defines it. And, well, she did a pretty good job afaiac.

Congrats, you managed to surprise me once again.

But you know, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The fact that you react with such anger and bitterness to Pingu constantly schooling you, shows that perhaps there's a small amount of a cognitive dissonance effect going on in your poor brain. The whisper of Small, Insecure Dave can sometimes be heard over the bombastic proclamations of Hawkins the Brilliant. And that makes Hawkins the Brilliant furious.

But maybe that whisper persists. Maybe.

• Faid
Reply #1039
Oh, I knew dave always felt inferior to 'those PhD types'. But I'm beginning to see that it is actually the major drive behind all his thinking. Until recently, I thought that dave's mistrust and despisal of "life sciences" and "octohatters" was necessary for him to justify his irrational YEC beliefs. But I'm now thinking that YEC simply resonated with him, because of his mistrust and despisal of science- which actually stems from the fact that he just doesn't get it, and that makes him (HIM) feel inadequate.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Reply #1040
Not this thread title. The saving agriculture thread. It would sure would be nice if you guys would read as well as you think you do.
This is the extra preachy one. But how about "How to drink lost of goats milk for cheap (and dream of saving the world)" for the other one?
Nah
If your priority was: less preachy, it's still better, no?
Part of me feels like we all NEED to be preached at a bit for a topic that's this important.  I mean think about it ... we're talking about our very existence as a human race ... our very ability to feed ourselves.  Yeah it's that important.  Why not preach about it a bit?  I WANT people to get energized ... Coaches preach to their athletes about far less important matters.  Why?  To stir their emotions so they will wake up and do something useful for the cause.
You are not qualified to preach on the subject, though.
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Today at 07:50:40 AM
Lol
Sea Star has been trolling me this whole time.

Reply #1041

Gonna cost a lot more than that for Dave.
A walk through the ocean of most mens souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Reply #1042
No, but I have to say, for someone who sucks at science as much as you do, adopting the majority view as your default position would definitely make you right more often than your current approach of adopting the opposite of the majority view as your default position, which has thus far made you wrong about damn near everything.

Reply #1043
I have no bitterness towards you. I just enjoy telling the truth as I see it.

Warning: Dave Hawkins is a Nazi

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #1044

Out of respect for the handicapped, most test administrators would not, for ethical reasons, subject Bluffy to such a test. There's no need to rub salt into the wounds.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #1045
Not this thread title. The saving agriculture thread. It would sure would be nice if you guys would read as well as you think you do.
This is the extra preachy one. But how about "How to drink lost of goats milk for cheap (and dream of saving the world)" for the other one?
Nah
If your priority was: less preachy, it's still better, no?
It helps immeasurably to support your preaching with evidence. You, like most preachers, fail to do so or when you attempt such, you fail miserably. Primarily because you can't get past the preaching habit and there's often a major issue with self-promotion.

Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #1046
But a single observation by a single highly biased observer does not overwhelm the multiple observations of multiple observers, especially when those all tend to agree and disagree with the single observation of the single observer with significant bias.

But your bias is your bias, and highly informed by your biases and your militantly ignorant narcissistic DK personality.
Are we there yet?

• JonF
Reply #1047
I'm open to suggestions... For a new thread title which is not so preachy. You said this one was too preachy.
I realize that some believe there is an extra hot place in hell for hypocrites, so it might be tricky, but how about
"I'm sorry I said woo-hoo. Complain here."

but I'm not sorry I said woohoo. In that context it was appropriate.
are all nazis also MRA types?

I don't think you have to be, but it does help
Or incels. Fine group of fellas. Banned at Reddit. Dave should join.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #1048
I see you!
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #1049
No. But opinions of majorities correlate with truth more than opinions of minorities.
There are notable exceptions.
They are notable because they are exceptions.