Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Some posts were moved to TCH.

Topic: Borealis Should Be Fired as Admin if She Doesn't Ban Valor (Read 1521 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Borealis Should Be Fired as Admin if She Doesn't Ban Valor
Reply #25
Perhaps there are different rules for Jews than for Germans?  (Oh sorry ... I meant to type YECs than for non-YECS)
There are definitely different rules for Nazis.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #26
Want me to post the entire PM, Dave?
Fine with me.

You also might want to post the RULES of this forum ...

Because now - thanks to your PM to me - I'm unclear on what they are.

Here it is:

I am not happy with having to deal with you playing up on Christmas Eve. I have commitments, including practicing for our performance at tonight's Christmas Eve service.

New TR is not old TR. Functionalities have changed. What you are doing to me right now is way closer to a definition of harassment than Valor making Internet Tough Guy jokes, which you returned by seriously invoking your 'friends from the hood'. Your history of misogynist language aimed at Pingu and myself is more problematic, as those are things you have actually done, unlike Valor's fake threat, which isn't a real threat since everyone, including you, knows he wouldn't actually do it. There are ten years of TR history to back up that reality.

I'm sure you also have Christmas obligations. So how about take a break, enjoy your Christmas, and return with less anger.

Merry Christmas to you.

Note Testy has threatened to pee on your foot. Want him banned too?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #27
Perhaps there are different rules for Jews than for Germans?  (Oh sorry ... I meant to type YECs than for non-YECS)
There are definitely different rules for Nazis.

Actually true. We had an outright admitted white supremacist posting at old TR for a while - remember 'cultsmasher'? He didn't technically break any rules iirc, but we banned him anyway.

Community standards aren't always translatable to 'written in stone'.

Reply #28
Did we ban him? I had hoped he went off in a huff because I started calling him "dearie" while arguing with him about Galapagos Finches.
Why do I bother?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #29
Perhaps there are different rules for Jews than for Germans? 
Yeah, it's the neo-Nazis and their supporters and enablers who are the real victims here.
(Oh sorry ... I meant to type YECs than for non-YECS)
You really need to do something about that chip on your shoulder.
This has fuck-all to do with YEC.
I have little doubt that even Trump, behind closed doors, laughs at that kind of fundie idiocy.

Yup. Pahu is a YEC. He's a bit of a robot, but doesn't get into fights with people, and nobody minds him, though technically he could be banned for excessive copypasting I guess. We have at least one other YEC poster, who I won't identify because that person rarely brings it up and is a well-liked participant.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #30
Did we ban him? I had hoped he went off in a huff because I started calling him "dearie" while arguing with him about Galapagos Finches.

Sorry. Admin booted him iirc. Sometimes you gotta use judgement, however dangerous that route can be.

Reply #31
Fine with me.

Here it is:

I am not happy with having to deal with you playing up on Christmas Eve. I have commitments, including practicing for our performance at tonight's Christmas Eve service.

New TR is not old TR. Functionalities have changed. What you are doing to me right now is way closer to a definition of harassment than Valor making Internet Tough Guy jokes, which you returned by seriously invoking your 'friends from the hood'. Your history of misogynist language aimed at Pingu and myself is more problematic, as those are things you have actually done, unlike Valor's fake threat, which isn't a real threat since everyone, including you, knows he wouldn't actually do it. There are ten years of TR history to back up that reality.

I'm sure you also have Christmas obligations. So how about take a break, enjoy your Christmas, and return with less anger.

Merry Christmas to you.

Sad that Missouri isn't my travel plans, eh?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #32
Bottom line, Dave, is that you are actually a disgusting human being and no one gives a fuck what you think.
Sure they do.  Otherwise they wouldn't be here.
We're not interested in your "theories" and "thoughts" other than for entertainment purposes.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #33
As a compromise, may I suggest that Valor be made a mod? :smug:
I was thinking more of a god.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #34
Fine with me.

Here it is:

Merry Christmas to you.

If Testy gets banned for threatening to pee on Bluffy's foot, can I get banned for threatening to piss on his right elbow? And I want it in writing.
Are we there yet?

Reply #35
It's OK Dave, I won't pee on you. Not even if you were on fire.
Why do I bother?

Reply #36

Sorry. Admin booted him iirc. Sometimes you gotta use judgement, however dangerous that route can be.
It was a good call. If I was a mod at the time I'd have done the same. 
Why do I bother?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #37
Is "going off in a huff" slang for diving headlong off a 2000' cliff into the liquid lava pool of a live and active volcano on a shitty ass planet in some other galaxy? Whose black hole is really hungry and will be eating that galaxy shortly, to become a wanderer, eating whatever it can.
Are we there yet?

Reply #38
Is "going off in a huff" slang for diving headlong off a 2000' cliff into the liquid lava pool of a live and active volcano on a shitty ass planet in some other galaxy? Whose black hole is really hungry and will be eating that galaxy shortly, to become a wanderer, eating whatever it can.
Think of it as British understatement. Hawkins is currently having a bit of a tizzy, for example.
Why do I bother?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #39
It's OK Dave, I won't pee on you. Not even if you were on fire.
Are you assuming total engulfment or, possibly, partial engulfment, wherein some parts already fried are no longer burning and those are the ones you piss on?
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #40

It was a good call. If I was a mod at the time I'd have done the same.
Not me!!!
Are we there yet?

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #41
He didn't technically break any rules iirc, but we banned him anyway.

Community standards aren't always translatable to 'written in stone'.
Most forums they are.  TR is a wilderzone area
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #42
Which is a good thing.  We need the wild and crazy forum to be able to tell somebody to go fuck themselves now and then

And Merry Christmas to all
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #43
hey Dave HawKKKins

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #44
Valor, you're not helping.  :reign:

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #45
Valor has nobody to love
― Mark Twain 🔭

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #46
Think of it as British understatement. Hawkins is currently having a bit of a tizzy, for example.
"a bit of a tizzy" you say?
Really?
I used to know a girl nicknamed "Tizzy".
I'll have you know, "Tizzy" was positively unique. One of a kind, you know the type. Singularly focused on the moment, wouldn't matter what was going on or where she was, she always had "suggestions" for "the Record". Never one to shy off. Would stand up to a bear and win.
Thank God the War came along and I (was drafted to the front lines.
Which immeasurably improved my chances of surviving that fracas.
Though perhaps not as happily.
She was a "wonder of the World", that's for sure.
But dangerous as a possible snake in the grass.
Neither right nor wrong, correct or not, just a force of nature.
Amazing.
Deadly.
But until you've tasted death, you really have no idea what what might be best or worse experience you could contribute to the lineage? Things we've done and now have the ability to record. We can record the details in detail. We've had "history" but it was always through the camera of the someone else.

Now it's possible for us to see a possibility what is incoming and what the mind sees.

Oh my, I seem to have gotten off the track.
Are we there yet?

Reply #47
Valor, you're not helping.  :reign:

so what? fuck that guy. anybody who can be given to a link to a tweet where Posobiec goes to fucking auschwitz to troll the Anti-Defamation League and then shrug it off is fucking scum. I am not worried that some racist shithead somewhere in Missouri is angry at me.

Reply #48
Me? Angry at you?  Heh heh no.  Just warning you that you will probably wind up in The Slammer if you try to follow through on any of your threats.

But you are shitting up the threads so I hope Borealis bans you.

Reply #49
I really have no interest in going to your shitty state but let me know if you ever make it out here.