Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Fuzzy doesn't feel ignored any more

Topic: Re: Some heads are gonna roll (Read 307 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Some heads are gonna ...

Re: Some heads are gonna roll
MY personal rules?  If I were making the rules at TR, I would not allow threats of physical violence.
Why not? Why is it fine by you in Charlottesville but not on TR? Especially given that threats on TR are not serious while threats made in Charlottesville obviously were?

You really are getting yourself tied in knots here. By banning threats on TR you effectively wish to bans threats that will not be implemented, but earlier you claimed that threats by Nazis should be allowed as long as they were not implemented. These two positions are conflicting.

Then, as I said, the Nazis in Charlottesville are obviously serious about implementing their threats, since they have already done so to some extent, so your position boils down to supporting the rights of Nazis on the basis that they don't implement their threats even when we know they already have, while wanting to ban threats on TR that effectively have zero possibility of implementation, because hey, y'know, being a "non-violent Nazi" who actually is violent in real life is way better than being an internet warrior on TR who is never going to do anything physically violent.

I suppose this is another example of your high speed mind doing its usual headless chicken impression.

If I were making the rules in Charlottesville, I would do a lot of research first including long discussions with sitting council members to find out why - if they allow Nazis to march and make physical threats and so on - they feel that's ok.  Perhaps they know things I don't know.  After making a careful evaluation, I would then cast my vote.
Oh, sure. Ok, start with research on Nazis. Perhaps they were just misunderstood. After all they did have very shiny boots.

I took it to the Town Hall as you asked me to do.  Are you going to go there and answer me?  Or not?
I'm going to wait and see if anyone else gives a flying fuck.
It would be nice to know if the Administrators of this forum "give a flying fuck" about the rules here.  Namely, answer a simple question - are physical threats allowed or not?  If so, then I'll shut up about that and maybe start spouting my own physical threats.  Hell ... why not if I'm not going to be banned for it?   Also, I want to know if I - Dave Hawkins - am violating any rules.  If so, then I want to correct that.
  • Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 05:32:38 AM by Dave Hawkins

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: Re: Some heads are gonna roll
Reply #1
Appropriate measures have been taken, Dave.

And you have also made retaliatory threats, so dismount that very tall equine beast, thank you.

Reply #2

And you have also made retaliatory threats, so dismount that very tall equine beast, thank you.
thank you for taking measures, whatever they may be.

What retaliatory threats have I made? I'm not aware of any. Also I'm not aware of any rules I have broken so please let me know what they are so I can correct that.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3

thank you for taking measures, whatever they may be.

What retaliatory threats have I made? I'm not aware of any. Also I'm not aware of any rules I have broken so please let me know what they are so I can correct that.

Read your own posts Dave.

Look, here's the response to threats:

Warning the member (done)
Moving the offending posts to TCR (done)
If escalation occurs, a temp ban may be applied at a modertor's discretion.

Note, most of this is ordinarily done by a Moderator, not an Admin, but I'm not willing to bug a moderator to read a long-ass thread they have no interest in reading.

Further note that TR is a smaller forum with a smaller number of members than it was in the past, and that the new platform, Elkarte, does not support some of the functions assumed when the Charter was written.

Reply #4
Ok thanks

Still dunno what retaliatory threats I made or what rules I broke ...

Unless threatening to call the sheriff in response to a physical threat is a "retaliatory threat"

Reply #5

What "appropriate measures" have been taken?

Care to elaborate on that?

Has Valor been banned or suspended?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #6
I'm not sieving through your posts, Dave, and you are not being sanctioned in any way atm, so stop whining please.

I will say that you frequently provoke people into anger by, for example, calling people liars when they are not lying and refusing to back up your accusations. You also quote mine people's posts, taking words out of context so that it looks like they've said something they haven't.

There is no specific rule against doing either of things, but both antagonise the victims of such tactics. You might want to try to quit doing that and see if it doesn't improve your interaction with others.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7

I've already outlined the steps taken.

Reply #8

I've already outlined the steps taken.

Where?

I have reported Valor's posts.

What action are you taking?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #9
Heinz: see reply 3 in this thread.

Reply #10
When somebody is threatening to "visit" another member at his home and inflict physical violence, a slap on the wrist is not enough, and you should know that.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #11
When somebody is threatening to "visit" another member at his home and inflict physical violence, a slap on the wrist is not enough, and you should know that.

Then perhaps you should read all of Valor's and Dave's posts with a view to 1) parsing for actual meaning, and 2) examining context and response.

Reply #12

Then perhaps you should read all of Valor's and Dave's posts with a view to 1) parsing for actual meaning, and 2) examining context and response.

I think Dave's responses have been very level-headed, much more so than how I would have responded to Valor's threats.

Look, I know that 99% of the time these threats are just to meant to trigger somebody, but it is the 1% that you cannot know about.

Be safe, not sorry.

I fought in the Bosnian war and I know what real violence is and I don't like people making threats.

Can you understand that?

Reply #13

I think Dave's responses have been very level-headed, much more so than how I would have responded to Valor's threats.

Look, I know that 99% of the time these threats are just to meant to trigger somebody, but it is the 1% that you cannot know about.

Be safe, not sorry.

I fought in the Bosnian war and I know what real violence is and I don't like people making threats.

Can you understand that?

How many Bosniaks did you kill?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #14

Be safe, not sorry.

Can you understand that?

I don't like threats either.

I disagree with you regarding Dave's responses, but that is a matter of opinion. And I am perfectly confident that Valor's threats are purely meant to trigger Dave and to express vehement disapproval of Dave's peculiar (though likely based in ignorance) and continuing defense of violent Naziism in the USA, which I'm surprised you don't find a bit triggering yourself, given you fought in Bosnia.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #15

Be safe, not sorry.

Can you understand that?

I disagree with you regarding Dave's responses, but that is a matter of opinion. And I am perfectly confident that Valor's threats are purely meant to trigger Dave and to express vehement disapproval of Dave's peculiar (though likely based in ignorance) and continuing defense of violent Naziism in the USA, which I'm surprised you don't find a bit triggering yourself, given you fought in Bosnia.

Heinz did not indicate which side he fought on.

I'd also note there wasn't a lot of threatening going on in that conflict, just vicious people going out and killing, raping, looting and destroying.
Are we there yet?

Reply #16

why are you defending a nazi? if i knew where you lived i would

Reply #17
Nazis try to intimidate people.  Nazis lie about people. Nazis don't care about existing rules.  Nazis make their own rules.  Nazis prefer to assault you rather than dialogue with you.

Now compare Nazi behavior to Valor's behavior.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #18
Valor and Dave, if you continue 'edging' temporary bans are the next step. Please put each other on ignore for a while.

Reply #19
Borealis
[Dave's]continuing defense of violent Naziism in the USA,

God damn you, quit slandering me. 

YOU are closer to Nazi behavior than I have ever been because you LIE about me.

I do not defend, nor have I ever defended, VIOLENT Naziism in the USA.  Hell I haven't even defended Naziism.  I think it's abhorrent.  But I DO defend the same things that the Charlottesville City Council defends - namely, the right of ANY group to speak their minds, march, demonstrate etc. as long as there is no violence.

Reply #20
Valor and Dave, if you continue 'edging' temporary bans are the next step. Please put each other on ignore for a while.
Okey doke.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #21
Borealis
[Dave's]continuing defense of violent Naziism in the USA,

God damn you, quit slandering me. 

YOU are closer to Nazi behavior than I have ever been because you LIE about me.

I do not defend, nor have I ever defended, VIOLENT Naziism in the USA.  Hell I haven't even defended Naziism.  I think it's abhorrent.  But I DO defend the same things that the Charlottesville City Council defends - namely, the right of ANY group to speak their minds, march, demonstrate etc. as long as there is no violence.

Again, Dave, I suggest you go back and read your own posts.  Why the hell do you think so many people got so pissy with you in that thread?

Reply #22
I know what I have written.  You are fucking slandering me plain and simple.  But it's ok ... I now know your true colors. 

Reply #23
shut up, nazi dave

Reply #24

Be safe, not sorry.

Can you understand that?

Heinz did not indicate which side he fought on.

The answer to that is actually quite complicated as I am of Macedonian origins.
The simplified answer is I fought on the side of NATO, and in particular was seconded to the US Air Force.
That resulted in an invitation to the US and a fast track to citizenship, the best thing that has happened in my life.

I'd also note there wasn't a lot of threatening going on in that conflict, just vicious people going out and killing, raping, looting and destroying.

There was much threatening going on, and the threats were usually carried out.

I don't like to see people making threats, but of course I realize this forum is not run according to my likes and dislikes so how about just applying the rules that you have in a fair and unbiased manner?

Reply #25

why are you defending a nazi? if i knew where you lived i would

You would do what? Come visit me and commit suicide?

By the way, that is not a threat as you would be committing suicide by your own choice.

• Fenrir
Reply #26
Just stop the bullshit dickwaving. Asking everyone here.
It's what plants crave.