Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: A worker's collective

Topic: Was the Slavery Issue the Primary Cause of the Civil War? (Read 8735 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Was the Slavery Issue the Primary Cause of the Civil War?
Reply #1475
Dave, I beseech you in the bowels of Christ, think it possible that you may be mistaken.
Why do I bother?

• Faid
Reply #1476
You guys can keep playing this childish game if you want to.
YOUR a liar! And YOUR a liar! AND YOUR a liar!

...OK, let's stop playing childish games now.

But I think it's more interesting to talk about the causes of the Civil War and related issues.
Ask me if I care what you think.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #1477
Your comment is a celebration of child marriage, Dave. Whether you meant it that way or not, it is. There's nothing mentally wrong with finding it inappropriate. There is, however, something severely fucked up about being so unable to admit one is wrong that one finds oneself saying that there is something mentally wrong with those who criticize celebration of child marriage.

• Faid
Reply #1478

Well yes, when people post lies about me it often puts me in the mood to call them liars, yes.
But you're never in the mood to properly identify the lie.

Go figure.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #1479

Thanks to Donald Trump pointing out fake news I've really become more and more aware of the pervasiveness of misrepresentation and spin in much of our Communications in the world today. Now that I've become aware of it, I see it on almost every page at this forum and of course you see it constantly in the news media as well.
You were accusing people online of lying many, many years before Trump became your idol. In fact, I believe you were calling people liars when Trump was calling himself a Democrat.

Try again.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1480
You guys can think whatever you want to.  You always do no matter what the facts are anyway.  But the truth is ... we were discussing longevity of indigenous people groups and I found an old Maasai guy that was spry enough to marry a young bride - woo hoo!  I'll say it again and I'll keep saying it as long as it comes up.  "Woo hoo!  The guy's nowhere close to being dead ... everyone seems happy ... Woo hoo!"  You guys have something mentally wrong if you can't see the appropriateness of my comment. 
Oh, I see.
Your "woo-hoo!" was only celebrating the old guy's health, and was exactly equivalent to the "woo-hoo!" you would have given to a healthy blood pressure reading, and had absolutely nothing to do with "hubba-hubba - what old guy wouldn't want to get it on with a 15 year old"

::)
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #1481
I have yet to see anybody here except me give a truly honest account of the conversation about the 15 year old Maasai bride marrying the 70 year old man. It's always told in such a way as to try to make me look like some sort of pedophile.

Classic fake news practice.
I never called you (or "raised the possibility") of you being a pedophile. YOU, on the other hand...

And if you're worried about how what we say that you said "makes you look", then consider what you said. I simply repeated it in all its creepiness. (And no, 'creepy' does not mean 'pedophile' so shut up in advance)

• Faid
Reply #1482

In other words you people have an agenda. Here at this forum, one of your main agenda items seems to be to make sure Dave is wrong about everything because that makes you feel better about your fake science and your fake world view. It also helps you feel better if Dave can be portrayed as being evil.
Sure buddy. Whatever works for you.

• Faid
Reply #1483
Do you happen to remember how the term "fake news" was initially popularized, and what it referred to before Trump co-opted it? Or has that gone down the memory hole?
Way, way back, it was the "Jewish Controlled Press".

I guess our times need shorter slogans.

Reply #1484
You guys can think whatever you want to.  You always do no matter what the facts are anyway.  But the truth is ... we were discussing longevity of indigenous people groups and I found an old Maasai guy that was spry enough to marry a young bride - woo hoo!  I'll say it again and I'll keep saying it as long as it comes up.  "Woo hoo!  The guy's nowhere close to being dead ... everyone seems happy ... Woo hoo!"  You guys have something mentally wrong if you can't see the appropriateness of my comment. 
Oh, I see.
Your "woo-hoo!" was only celebrating the old guy's health, and was exactly equivalent to the "woo-hoo!" you would have given to a healthy blood pressure reading, and had absolutely nothing to do with "hubba-hubba - what old guy wouldn't want to get it on with a 15 year old"

::)

So, now we have two threads where Dave defends selling of daughters. Sad.

• Faid
Reply #1485
OK this is FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Are you NOW saying, after ALL this time, ALL these posts, that your "woo hoo" was NOT about the old man marrying the girl, but about him being alive?

You are truly unbelievable, Dave Hawkins.

Reply #1486
Both. Woo hoo that the guy is sprightly enough to marry a Young Bride like that. Woohoo to the whole situation! In other words what a normal Observer would say. Such as the female observer in the village. For instance.

Reply #1487
You guys just can't get your heads around it can you?

Reply #1488
You're going to spend the next 20 years saying that Dave is evil and here's what the situation really was.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #1489
Both. Woo hoo that the guy is sprightly enough to marry a Young Bride like that. Woohoo to the whole situation! In other words what a normal Observer would say. Such as the female observer in the village. For instance.
This is not the reaction of a 'normal' observer, Dave. One South African is not a particularly reliable data point. Consider the universal revulsion that your comments generate. Consider the vast amounts of testimonial data from actual child brides. Doofus.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #1490
Yeah well, it's one part of that "BOTH" bit we have an issue with, dave.

"This guy lived to an old age" and "this old guy married a 15 year old girl" are NOT two equivalent aspects of "this whole situation".

And you knew goddamn well WHICH part we have a problem with. But that didn't stop you from saying creepy stuff like:
And the answer is ... if everyone is honest ... "Yes" ... there's probably not a man here that has not drooled over some Playboy centerfold, many of them young - 20s and even teens.  So how are you "ok" doing this, but I'm not "ok" saying "woohoo" about the Maasai dudes' young bride?

What you were SAYING was, and is, pretty clear. You cannot whitewash it or twist it to sound less creepy.
  • Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:06:09 PM by Faid

• Pingu
Reply #1491

Unfortunately we can  :sadyes:
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Faid
Reply #1492
You can't save this, dave. It's too late. Scripta manent.

• Pingu
Reply #1493
And even verba manent when you say them to Siri I guess.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #1494
In other words you people have an agenda. Here at this forum, one of your main agenda items seems to be to make sure Dave is wrong about everything because that makes you feel better about your fake science and your fake world view. It also helps you feel better if Dave can be portrayed as being evil.
Damn, nearly used up an entire box of tissue reading the post above.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #1495
This is your usual projection, Dave. No one here bases a shred of his or her self-worth on you. You're not that important to anyone but yourself. You, on the other hand, seem to get some sort of real sense of self-value out of feeling persecuted.
There's got to be some sort of reason he's ended up where he is.
Are we there yet?

Reply #1496
Nope. And I never hope to. Dave, would you "Woo hoo" if your teenage daughter married someone 60 years her senior?
Why do I bother?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #1497
This is your usual projection, Dave. No one here bases a shred of his or her self-worth on you. You're not that important to anyone but yourself. You, on the other hand, seem to get some sort of real sense of self-value out of feeling persecuted.
There's got to be some sort of reason he's ended up where he is.
Some sort of evil plot, some sort of global evil plot, against Bluffy.
Are we there yet?

• JonF
Reply #1498
Nope. You're lying.
Her summary is dead-on.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #1499
I don't think you're evil, Dave. I think you say stupid evil things sometimes, but that's because your world view is so twisted. Which is why I'm hoping you will make a 'risky' prediction on whose head is going to roll based on your understanding of what is 'fake' and what is not. When actual events prove you utterly wrong, I hope that you will re-evaluate your outlook and consider the possibility that the right-wing blogoshphere, Limbaugh, and Fox News have hoodwinked you and many of your compatriots into believing a ton of shit that just has no basis in reality. Then we can start to discuss why they are doing this, since it so obviously hurts the poor folks who are most primed to swallow it all, 'hook, line and sinker'. I'm saddened by the near certainty that you'll view this post, like so many before it, as a delusional and 'fucking idiotic' attack against you. It's not, Dave, it's an attempt to help you (although that in itself might be 'fucking idiotic' in it's futility). But you wont be able to see that.

(this post really belongs in the 'heads rolling' thread)
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins