Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• You have never refuted anything but the claim that you are stable and intelligent.

Topic: Trump’s bloody nose strategy (Read 180 times) previous topic - next topic

Trump’s bloody nose strategy

Folks,

The Trump admin is considering changing the rules of engagement for first use of US nuclear weapons.  The so called 'bloody nose' strategy calls for the first use of tactical nuclear weapons on the assumption that a nuclear armed enemy will be deterred from responding after such a show of force.

Of course this would break a fundamental understanding of warfare, which is that a first strike changes the status quo ante and it is highly uncertain how events will unfold from that point on.

Can we reasonably deliberate on the effect of this change in policy until it is put into practice in real
time?

https://www.axios.com/the-american-blood-nose-1515451409-55312e2d-1861-48fd-9e92-90f21d16c893.html

D.

Re: Trump’s bloody nose strategy
Reply #1
Keeping my Pip-Boy updated.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #2
president trump is at least defending america which is more than I can say for obama!

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #3
It was not my impression that any of this "bloody nose" talk involved the US using any kind of nuclear weapons.
(Ignoring, of course, the possibility of its provoking Kim to use HIS nuclear weapons, which in turn... )
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #4
I thought the bloody nose strategy just involved Trump snorting a shitload of coke all day every day.

Reply #5
It was not my impression that any of this "bloody nose" talk involved the US using any kind of nuclear weapons.
(Ignoring, of course, the possibility of its provoking Kim to use HIS nuclear weapons, which in turn... )

Vox,

There are some connections that we might (or might not) make.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/09/us-to-loosen-nuclear-weapons-policy-and-develop-more-usable-warheads

D.

Reply #6
president trump is at least defending america which is more than I can say for obama!

el,

Some people have been saying (not me, but I've heard it) that starting a nuclear war may not be 'defending America'.

D.

Reply #7

el,

Some people have been saying (not me, but I've heard it) that starting a nuclear war may not be 'defending America'.

D.

Starting a nuclear war will always be in the best interests of the US as we have the largest amount of the biggest and most powerful nukes.

And look at post WW2 when the US was the only country left who could rebuild the rest of the world.

Nuclear war is great for America.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #8

el,

D.

Starting a nuclear war will always be in the best interests of the US as we have the largest amount of the biggest and most powerful nukes.

And look at post WW2 when the US was the only country left who could rebuild the rest of the world.

Nuclear war is great for America.
this is common sense and the liberals pretend they don't see it!

Reply #9