Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: it's as if at least two distinct groups of people who have diametrically opposed points of view with completely incompatible underlying assumptions are having an argument. Oh, and for added fun, everyone here seems to believe that everyone else is a disingenuous prick or a complete retard.

Topic: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World) (Read 192480 times) previous topic - next topic

RickB, RAFH, VoxRat, Sea Star, Dave Hawkins, Testy Calibrate (+ 1 Hidden) and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
  • Pingu
Re: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World)
Reply #31475
Why are you so concerned with such minutiae?

It's very odd.

Because accusing other people of lying isn't "minutiae" to them.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Faid
Reply #31476
Fun fact:
There's a Greek song about goats.

It's a traditional rizitiko from Crete, and it talks about the species of wild mountain goat that's endemic to the island.

Well, not so much about the goats, as to the goats: The singer asks the goats where they live, where their winter shelters are. The goats respond (because of course they do) and say that their places are the precipices and cliffs, their winter abodes are the high peaks and the mountain caves are their ancestral homes.

And that's more or less the whole song. It doesn't seem that significant, but it has carried great cutural and emotional weight through many generations of Greeks.

Mainly because it's not actually a song about goats, but about freedom.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #31477

It's very odd.

that's not what I was talking about when I was talking about minutiae.

Reply #31478
By the time Martin made his post he had had plenty of opportunity to see my edit which occurred about 5 seconds after I made the original post. So there's no excuse for him. Either he's just lying or he didn't read carefully.

Reply #31479
Maybe you should turn over a new leaf and start sparring with others for the countless examples of misrepresentation, Spin, and outright lies instead of always sparring with me.

• Pingu
Reply #31480

It's very odd.

that's not what I was talking about when I was talking about minutiae.

Who knows what you were talking about.  You dismiss details as "minutiae" when you don't like the details. but you are all about ivory towers and no DETAILS when you don't like the big picture.

Such a fraud.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Faid
Reply #31481
Poor persecuted dave. People misrepresenting him, by missing his 'at least mine aren't' edit.

Meanwhile, he can always "raise the possibility" that another forum member is a pedophile, if he likes. That will help ease off the burden of constant oppression and misrepresentation.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #31482
The minutiae I'm talking about is why would you care so much whether I realize or not that there are certain types of goats that can climb trees? What difference does that make to anything anyone is talking about?

Reply #31483
You get so wrapped around the axle about s*** that doesn't even matter.

• Faid
Reply #31484
The minutiae I'm talking about is why would you care so much whether I realize or not that there are certain types of goats that can climb trees? What difference does that make to anything anyone is talking about?
You get so wrapped around the axle about s*** that doesn't even matter.
That's a fair point, and perhaps you should have made it BEFORE calliing Martin a liar on the basis of that very "minutiae".

Get it?

Reply #31485
Maybe you should turn over a new leaf and start sparring with others for the countless examples of misrepresentation, Spin, and outright lies instead of always sparring with me.

Maybe you should stop lying.
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Sun Jan 14 2018 19:59:03 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
you suck at truth detection. (And spelling)

• Faid
Reply #31486
Fun fact:
There's a Greek song about goats.

It's a traditional rizitiko from Crete, and it talks about the species of wild mountain goat that's endemic to the island.

Well, not so much about the goats, as to the goats: The singer asks the goats where they live, where their winter shelters are. The goats respond (because of course they do) and say that their places are the precipices and cliffs, their winter abodes are the high peaks and the mountain caves are their ancestral homes.

And that's more or less the whole song. It doesn't seem that significant, but it has carried great cutural and emotional weight through many generations of Greeks.

Mainly because it's not actually a song about goats, but about freedom.

Coincidence?

I think not.

I thought I would be hard to find it on youtube, turns out it's extremely easy. I picked a less conventional cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qvWYmmXDBA

#freedavesgoats

• Fenrir
Reply #31487

It's very odd.

Because changing posts after the fact is something you do regularly.

Carefully not acknowledging that people have responded to a post which now says something quite different is dishonest. Quelle surprise.
It's what plants crave.

Reply #31488
You are confused. What I referred to as minutiae is being so concerned about whether or not I am aware of a certain type of goats that climb trees. That's minutiae which doesn't matter to anything anyone here is talking about. Who cares if I'm aware of them or not? I mean really. Come on.

• Faid
Reply #31489
So don't call others liars because they missed your tiny edit about this bunch of 'minutiae'.

Reply #31490
My edit was in place well before Martin's post. There is no question he either ignored it or his lying. Most likely the latter.

Reply #31491
I'm really sorry that you people don't like me calling you out whenever you lie or spin or misrepresent. Some days I may not as much because I might not be in the mood, but these past few days I've been in the mood.

Reply #31492
I have some simple instructions for avoiding getting called out all the time. Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And be nice.

• Faid
Reply #31493
My edit was in place well before Martin's post. There is no question he either ignored it or his lying. Most likely the latter.
You do realize that a person works on their post before posting it, and if they're quoting someone else, their post will contain a pre-edited version?

It has happened to me repeatedly and I had missed edits in many posts, including yours. So it's "most likely" that your slandering fingers move faster than your brain.

• Faid
Reply #31494
I'm really sorry that you people don't like me calling you out whenever you lie or spin or misrepresent. Some days I may not as much because I might not be in the mood, but these past few days I've been in the mood.
You're always in the mood for slander, Mr. "Raise the Possibility".

Reply #31495
No the most likely scenario is that he lied. And the reason I say that is because I see so many lies from so many people every day here. It's just simple probability.

• Faid
Reply #31496
I have some simple instructions for avoiding getting called out all the time. Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And be nice. Also, did I mention that Faid might be a pedophile? Hey, I'm merely raising the possibility here!
fyfp.

• Faid
Reply #31497
No the most likely scenario is that he lied. And the reason I say that is because I see so many lies from so many people every day here. It's just simple probability.
And the circle is complete.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #31498
Oh look!
Here's Hawkins accusing people of lying without identifying any lies.
Who could possibly have seen that coming?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #31499
Inb4 "hey I just identified Martin's lie, didn't I? And it is a lie because it has to be a lie because you people lie all the time!"