Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: How fucking morons are you

Topic: Rebuilding the Democrat Party (Read 12601 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rebuilding the Democrat Party
Reply #875
you'll need the guns then

Reply #876
That's where jade helm comes in

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #877
oh man, I had forgotten about jade helm

I wouldn't write it off.  just because obama's no longer "president" doesn't mean he doesn't still pull the strings through the deep state.

Reply #878
oh man, I had forgotten about jade helm

I wouldn't write it off.  just because obama's no longer "president" doesn't mean he doesn't still pull the strings through the deep state.

latest members of the "Deep State": Trump's own appointees making public regulatory decisions

Reply #879
I want a platform of electoral college reform, campaign finance reform, and white genocide.
Not necessarily in that order.

Reply #880
I always save the best for last.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #881
I want a platform of electoral college reform, campaign finance reform, and white genocide.
Not necessarily in that order.

just like men to be totally incapable of multitasking successfully

Reply #882
Campaign finance reform is effectively unconstitutional until there's a non-shit Supreme Court majority

Gee I wonder if "open Supreme Court seat" would ever be an important issue??

• el jefe
Reply #883
b-b-but mah supreme court!!

Reply #884
ay yo check this out: "more like DOPE-rah"

Reply #885
Last year, newly inaugurated President Donald Trump was expected to be a transformative figure who could remake the Republican Party...The government shutdown greeting his administration's first anniversary shows he has remade a major political party, pushing it toward a new strategy and identity--but it was the Democrats.

Republicans are the same party of conservative brinkmanship that they were last year, but Democrats are pursuing a harder-line strategy of unified opposition focused on social issues. Whereas they greeted a new George W. Bush administration with cooperation on education reform and acquiescence on tax cuts, Democrats have loudly opposed all Trump administration initiatives, facing pressure from an energized base.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/21/what-the-shutdown-reveals-about-the-democratic-party-216491

i think they're still pretty likely to cave on shit with immigration but maybe they'll surprise me.

Reply #886
What would you consider caving, what would be too high a price to pay for DACA

Reply #887

well first off there's no fucking reason to pay anything. keep it shut down and make them come begging to you if they want their CR. it's not on the dems to willingly step up to enable the GOP's shitty projects.

overall though my problem is they didn't start at asking for everything, they started at ~bipartisan~ support for the fucking wall. like if it came down to it sure if you have to agree to the wall to save the dreamers, fine. terrible but fine. i just don't think they have to do any such thing and it bodes poorly that they started with that. i can easily see them agreeing to a CR in return for a handshake deal to return to the immigration issue later and then getting fucked over on that again.

• el jefe
Reply #888
terrible, but fine.
please memescape this

Reply #889
I still think the Dems should start their negotiations at "mass executions of republican politicians out in the deep woods of virginia."

Reply #890
i can easily see them agreeing to a CR in return for a handshake deal to return to the immigration issue later and then getting fucked over on that again.

Reply #891

well first off there's no fucking reason to pay anything. keep it shut down and make them come begging to you if they want their CR. it's not on the dems to willingly step up to enable the GOP's shitty projects.

overall though my problem is they didn't start at asking for everything, they started at ~bipartisan~ support for the fucking wall. like if it came down to it sure if you have to agree to the wall to save the dreamers, fine. terrible but fine. i just don't think they have to do any such thing and it bodes poorly that they started with that. i can easily see them agreeing to a CR in return for a handshake deal to return to the immigration issue later and then getting fucked over on that again.
There's a ticking deadline for both DACA and chip, though.

Reply #892
I still think the Dems should start their negotiations at "mass executions of republican politicians out in the deep woods of virginia."
Nah, needs to be more public....

Reply #893
by guillotine in the revolutionary plaza is the ask, secret mass grave in the woods is the compromise.

Reply #894

this is why you start with Mitch McConnell. Today.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #896
Sigh

Reply #897
love too bet future of possible victims of ethnic cleansing on the handshake promise of one of the worst humans on the planet

Reply #898

by the way on this note

Reply #899
Lol of course they caved completely for a meaningless agreement. Even if McConnell brings it up in the Senate, there's no agreement with the House and Trump has already said he won't sign Graham-Durbin.

Ffuy about the people losing protections daily, that's why I don't think a "shut down government indefinitely and give no concessions" position works. Ice will happily ethnically cleanse while a shutdown carried on.