Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• This is why I like TR. Sometimes ya just have to stand there with your mouth open.

Topic: Rebuilding the Democrat Party (Read 13650 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rebuilding the Democrat Party
Reply #900
Ffuy about the people losing protections daily, that's why I don't think a "shut down government indefinitely and give no concessions" position works. Ice will happily ethnically cleanse while a shutdown carried on.

what does that even mean? they'll happily do it for the next three weeks too. that has nothing to do with whether holding the line on the CR would have gotten a DREAM act sooner.

Reply #901
I think Dems caving today was really bad, I was referring to "what price are you willing to pay" earlier discussion.

Reply #902

Reply #903
Who the fuck is Matthew Chapman

Reply #904
some moron, looks like

Reply #905
That some gamera level 4D democratic warrior chess right there.

• ksen
Reply #906
This right here is what wins elections . . . for the other guys.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #907
I don't even necessarily think mcconnell will break his word.  I just think ryan would never bring it to the floor over in the house.

Reply #908
I don't even necessarily think mcconnell will break his word.  I just think ryan would never bring it to the floor over in the house.
He's already broken his word in this specific issue twice. But yeah they've all made it very, very clear that this "agreement" is only for the Senate. Any non-Nazi DACA bill is DOA in both the House and WH, but Schumer will make it clear that the GOP are hypocrites!!! oh man they're in for it then1!!!!

Reply #909
god tier negotiation strategy: demonstrate that you'll blink first in any showdown.

Reply #910
it's astonishing how many people are crawling out of the woodwork to tell us that "plan trust mitch mcconnel not to be a piece of shit" is some kind of chessmaster's gambit.

Reply #911
nono if you want to chop a turtle's head off, you need it to stick its head out of its shell first.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #912
Cindy Garcia, the wife of 49-year old Jorges Garcia who was deported to Mexico last week, will be the guest of her congresswoman at the State of the Union address.

I would love to see the guest seating full of people who have been directly harmed y the GOP administration.

• uncool
Reply #914

Reply #915
oh good, someone they'll actually listen to

• uncool
Reply #916

Reply #917
tfw you wanna criticize a massive giveaway to billionaires but you're so detached from real peoples' lived experiences that you can only put it in terms revealing that you don't understand what money means to them.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #918
Dunno if this is ST's district, but Darnell is a #Resistance-supported candidate for congress in Houston.

https://twitter.com/DarnellTX02

Reply #919
this whole #Resistance shit is really annoying branding

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #920
this whole #Resistance shit is really annoying branding

It kinda was a few months ago.  It seemed like the outrage fires were burning out.   But it's encouraging as fuck to see the number of podcast interviews of Democratic candidates who've declared in red states/districts.  And there are some excellent people to follow on twitter in terms of sorting out the most important shit to contact your congressfolk about.

Reply #921
well, vis a vis doug jones, again, I'm not too encouraged if the democrats burn through their warchests only to put in people who will vote with the Republicans on racially-discriminatory legislation. If we lose any viable center-left option here, that will still be very bad.

But in terms of the dumbness of the term, the resistance was a loose group of anti-Nazi partisans in occupied Europe who actually physically opposed actions by the Nazi police state in order to protect people targeted by the regime. #Resistance is doing absolutely nothing to oppose ICE. They're just cheerleading Mueller and hoping we can reverse some of the badness in the midterm elections. Until I see #resistance protecting ICE targets with public displays of force, it's fucking cosplay.

Reply #922
the #resistance also doesn't want anyone going too hard on the dems' handling of daca lest it jeopardize the party's chances in the midterm and thus the very real and totally inevitable installment of mike pence as 46th president of these united states

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #923
Is this something recent tied to the CRs?  I haven't seen that at all from #resist in my area. Before the state as a whole went sanctuary, there was a lot of effort to get specific communities and counties that had historically cooperated extensively with ICE to agree to stop. And I get a text message anytime a raid is reported in the bay area calling for people able to show up quickly to do so.

Reply #924
unless they're literally killing ICE agents and their informants, I don't see how this is a resistance.