Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: Yes, I keep a list.

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 115132 times) previous topic - next topic

• Faid
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #8925
Hahahahahahaha

Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #8926
what a stable genius

• Pingu
Reply #8927
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Pingu
Reply #8928
During that much publicized televised meeting with congressional leaders in the White House, was anyone else struck by Trump's body language? Specifically the tightly crossed arms thing?  I'm curious to know if that communicates to most people what it communicates to me.

Josh Marshal thinks he didn't realise Feinstein wasn't a Republican (said she should be "primaried" over her release of the Simpson testimony).

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8929
During that much publicized televised meeting with congressional leaders in the White House, was anyone else struck by Trump's body language? Specifically the tightly crossed arms thing?  I'm curious to know if that communicates to most people what it communicates to me.

Josh Marshal thinks he didn't realise Feinstein wasn't a Republican (said she should be "primaried" over her release of the Simpson testimony).
I don't believe that.
I took it to mean she was trying to prove her anti-Trump bona fides to California democrats.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• el jefe
Reply #8930

lol, yeah I had the same thought

• Pingu
Reply #8931

I don't believe that.
I took it to mean she was trying to prove her anti-Trump bona fides to California democrats.

Could be.

It's hard to know where one bit of ignorance stops and the next starts.

Reply #8932
this is from a poster at something awful that works in the federal government and has actually had to brief the Dotard in Chief several times, most recently yesterday:

My meeting at the WH was today and my brain actually, literally hurts. Not even joking, we're at new levels of frustrations. It's pretty damn sad when you're hoping that your meetings at Congress will go better

did he repeat the same phrases every few minutes like a late stage dementia patient?
It was literally "yes, but how do we use this to make us look [good] and democrats look bad" and me constantly explaining how i'm not a politician, am not allowed to engage in political BS, and i'm there to represent what is in the best interests of americans and not republicans (or democrats). No one seemed to understand that at all

AMA Q: What single thing that happened today would you call 'the low point' of the meeting and why?

I literally had to draw pictures on the white board to explain things and things were still not understood. I was so frustrated that i was going to make a comment about explaining things via sock puppets instead, but somehow managed to not blurt that out

republicans literally run on spite, they will unironically blow off their own balls and nuke their own cities if they thought it would make democrats look bad. this is no surprise

I've been through a number of administrations now and I've never really faced that line of questioning from any Republican or Democrat before. While it won't be a popular opinion, and while I disagree with a majority of their viewpoints, I could at least have a briefing with folks like McCain, or Vitter, or Graham.... and have them be actual discussions that don't devolve into "yes, but how do we make people look bad?" it was embarassing
  • Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:44:57 AM by brugroffil

Reply #8933
White House Staff

Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus - final
Chief White House Strategist: Steve Bannon - final
White House Counsel: Tom McGahn - final

Cabinet Positions (announced or credibly rumoured)
Attorney General: Jeff Sessions
Secretary of State: Rex Tillerson (Exxon CEO) John Bolton/Mitt Romney (Pence says Romney under active consideration)
Secretary of Defense: James (Mad Dog) Mattis - final
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Ben Carson (that was quick)
Secretary of Education: Betsy DeVos - final
UN Ambassador: Nikki Haley (Gov, S.C.) - final
Secretary of Transportation: Elaine Chao (Mitch McConnell's wife)
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Tom Ritch (Georgia Representative) - final
Secretary of Treasury: Steven Mnuchen (former Goldman-Sachs) - final
Commerce Secretary:  Wilbur Ross - final
Secretary of Veterans Affairs:  Sarah Palin
Secretary of Energy:  Rick Perry

National Security (announced or credibly rumoured)

National Security Advisor: Michael Flynn
CIA Director: Mike Pompeo

Other Insane Appointments
Environmental Protection Agency:  Scott Pruitt, climate change dissenter
Small Business Administration: Linda McMahon (WWE cofounder)
Secretary of the Army: Vince Viola, majority owner of Florida Panthers

List will be updated as stuff happens

ETA I'm expanding the scope of this thread to chronicle some of the social and cultural seismic events of the Trumpocalypse.  This isn't about an election anymore.

this post should be updated imo

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #8934
THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IS REALLY REALLY REALLY DUMB

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-prime-minister-solberg-norway-bilateral-meeting/

PRIME MINISTER SOLBERG:  So, Teslas are a big hit in Norway.

PRESIDENT TRUMP:  Oh, good.  Well, that's good.

PRIME MINISTER SOLBERG:  Yes, electrical cars.

PRESIDENT TRUMP:  We do that too.  Thank you very much.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #8935
He literally doesn't know how to talk to people.  :stare:

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #8936
what a stable genius
Smartest road apple in the place.
Are we there yet?

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #8938

• Faid
Reply #8939
The President of the United states of America cancelled his trip to the capital of the United Kingdom because he didn't like the location of his new embassy.

Is this real life?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #8940
It's an excuse because he didn't want crowds throwing eggs, rotten fruit, bricks, that sort of thing at him. Plus he's antagonised the elected mayor of the relevant city, and there was a yuge petition against him coming on a state visit, loads of MPs demanded he didn't come, etc. And that was before the PM gently suggested retweeting videos from Britain First was a bad idea, and he shouted via twitter at her.

Basically he'd have got the traditional Cable Street Welcome we give to fascists.
  • Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:07:36 AM by DaveGodfrey
Why do I bother?

• ksen
Reply #8941
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/republicans-trump-earmarks-congress/550313/

Reviving earmarks wouldn't be the worst idea the republicans have come up with and might in fact help congress become functional again.

Of course Trump blundering around may mess it up.

When President Trump offered his out-of-the-blue endorsement for the return of congressional earmarks on Tuesday, he broke the first rule of the hesitant House Republican bid to revive them: Don't call them earmarks.

"Our system lends itself to not getting things done, and I hear so much about earmarks--the old earmark system--how there was a great friendliness when you had earmarks," the president told a group of about two dozen House and Senate lawmakers at the White House, in something of a non sequitur from their effort to reach an immigration accord. "Of course, they had other problems with earmarks. But maybe all of you should start thinking about going back to a form of earmarks. You should do it, and I'm there with you, because this system really lends itself to not getting along."

The lawmakers laughed. Some of them perhaps chuckled nervously, knowing that Trump had waded into politically treacherous waters by giving his blessing to the kind of pork-barrel spending that had become synonymous with Washington corruption. Before Trump had campaigned on "draining the swamp," earmarks--spending provisions directed to specific local projects or organizations that were often slipped into bills at the last minute with little debate--had been a big part of the muck.

• Pingu
Reply #8942
It's an excuse because he didn't want crowds throwing eggs, rotten fruit, bricks, that sort of thing at him. Plus he's antagonised the elected mayor of the relevant city, and there was a yuge petition against him coming on a state visit, loads of MPs demanded he didn't come, etc. And that was before the PM gently suggested retweeting videos from Britain First was a bad idea, and he shouted via twitter at her.

Basically he'd have got the traditional Cable Street Welcome we give to fascists.

Mass mooning.

• ksen
Reply #8943
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/12/trump-peter-strzok-treason-337918

Trump publically accusing FBI agent of treason.

Just more evidence of Trump, like any good fascist, confusing himself with the State.

Treason is a crime against the State you big dummy.

Reply #8944
In continuing news on the Trump visit cancellation, Madame Tussauds are trolling him.

As is J. K. Rowling.

This is what we do when nothing's happening. Can you imagine what would have happened if he'd actually turned up?
Why do I bother?

• el jefe
Reply #8945
just don't get yourselves nuked

Reply #8946

Reply #8947

Reply #8948

Reply #8949
As usual, Trump is blaming Obama for everything, and lying into the bargain.
The decision to move the embassy was made during the Bush 2 administration.