Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: just accept there are limits to what can be discussed rationally on TR.

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 97010 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #8625
 :unsmith: There are lots of not-red bastions of sanity in red states, and Montana as a whole is weird in that regard anyway--always (R) for President, but fairly often elects (D) governors and Senators.

Everyone should go to GNP before all of the glaciers melt within a decade, stop in Whitefish!

Reply #8626
Glacier is amazing.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #8627
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxxv
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

So if Democrats take the House, and impeach both Trump and Pence, and the evidence is so egregious that the Senate has no choice but to convict them both, do you get President Pelosi?
Yup. It's definitely scenario with a non-zero probability.

Reply #8628
Technically, 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% is non-zero.

Reply #8629
But it's not zero!

Reply #8630
There might be a greater chance that Trump spontaneously vaporizes due to quantum fluctuations

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #8631
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxxv
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

So if Democrats take the House, and impeach both Trump and Pence, and the evidence is so egregious that the Senate has no choice but to convict them both, do you get President Pelosi?
lol

I think maybe you have to live here to really appreciate how much conservative media deceives and distracts half the country, and how dumb it has made them.  facts, logic, and common decency are all close to useless in our discourse nowadays.

Reply #8632

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #8633
another bombshell, if true

https://politicalwire.com/2017/12/04/trump-mulls-creating-private-spy-network/

the intercept reports trump is considering creating a private spy network with the help of erik prince, "to counter the deep state".

if true, it is off-the-charts batshit, even by trump's standards.  it is also all kinds of illegal.  perhaps most importantly though, it has the potential to scare congressional republicans into removing him from office.  I've thought for a while they really do have a limit, and that it's when he becomes a threat to their own power.  if the story is true and believed, it is that threat.
Intercept also reports this:

"I can find no evidence that this ever came to the attention of anyone at the NSC or [White House] at all," wrote Michael N. Anton, a spokesperson for the National Security Council, in an email. "The White House does not and would not support such a proposal." But a current U.S. intelligence official appeared to contradict that assertion, stating that the various proposals were first pitched at the White House before being delivered to the CIA. The Intercept reached out to several senior officials that sources said had been briefed on the plans by Prince, including Vice President Mike Pence. His spokesperson wrote there was "no record of [Prince] ever having met with or briefed the VP." North did not respond to a request for comment.

According to two former senior intelligence officials, Pompeo has embraced the plan and lobbied the White House to approve the contract. Asked for comment, a CIA spokesperson said, "You have been provided wildly inaccurate information by people peddling an agenda."
In the same article.  So we've got some anonymous person(s) making a fairly wild claim, and several identified people clearly saying "that's bullshit".

IF it were true it would be some really juicy news.  Just don't forget that it's a pretty speculative IF.  I mean, IF the president were fucking the milk cow out back, that would be some really juicy news too.  IF.

I mean, for fuck's sake people, Trump is already a mess, our executive branch is in shambles.  There's not really any need to come up with even more worser things to keep people drooling over it. 
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

Reply #8634
^^^
huge if true

Reply #8635
There's a milk cow out back?

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #8636
another bombshell, if true

https://politicalwire.com/2017/12/04/trump-mulls-creating-private-spy-network/

the intercept reports trump is considering creating a private spy network with the help of erik prince, "to counter the deep state".

if true, it is off-the-charts batshit, even by trump's standards.  it is also all kinds of illegal.  perhaps most importantly though, it has the potential to scare congressional republicans into removing him from office.  I've thought for a while they really do have a limit, and that it's when he becomes a threat to their own power.  if the story is true and believed, it is that threat.
Intercept also reports this:

"I can find no evidence that this ever came to the attention of anyone at the NSC or [White House] at all," wrote Michael N. Anton, a spokesperson for the National Security Council, in an email. "The White House does not and would not support such a proposal." But a current U.S. intelligence official appeared to contradict that assertion, stating that the various proposals were first pitched at the White House before being delivered to the CIA. The Intercept reached out to several senior officials that sources said had been briefed on the plans by Prince, including Vice President Mike Pence. His spokesperson wrote there was "no record of [Prince] ever having met with or briefed the VP." North did not respond to a request for comment.

According to two former senior intelligence officials, Pompeo has embraced the plan and lobbied the White House to approve the contract. Asked for comment, a CIA spokesperson said, "You have been provided wildly inaccurate information by people peddling an agenda."
In the same article.  So we've got some anonymous person(s) making a fairly wild claim, and several identified people clearly saying "that's bullshit".

IF it were true it would be some really juicy news.  Just don't forget that it's a pretty speculative IF.  I mean, IF the president were fucking the milk cow out back, that would be some really juicy news too.  IF.

I mean, for fuck's sake people, Trump is already a mess, our executive branch is in shambles.  There's not really any need to come up with even more worser things to keep people drooling over it. 
this is all fair

still, I think TR should treat baseless, inflammatory claims with a "WE REPORT, YOU DECIDE" policy, if they are about people who make baseless, inflammatory claims

Reply #8637
Again though, why then has there been so much of an effort to court Eric Prince and why is Eric Prince's sister in charge of the Department of Education?

This does make some sense of that discrepancy.

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #8638
Again though, why then has there been so much of an effort to court Eric Prince and why is Eric Prince's sister in charge of the Department of Education?

This does make some sense of that discrepancy.
I'm sure that a properly motivated person can construct all sorts of speculative hypotheses for what *might* be the reason, *if* some other speculated thing were to be true.

Maybe, IF the rumors about Roswell are true, Prince is an alien plant masquerading as a human, and Trump's trying to get on his good side in preparation for the arrival of our overlords because we'll make great pets.
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

Reply #8639
ok Pravdora

Reply #8640
CNN has confirmed it.

Reply #8641
Today, Trump makes teeth happy.

Reply #8642
hard to be happy about secret blackwater police

• ksen
Reply #8643
I'm sure it is with that attitude.

Reply #8644
yabbut we're moving our embassy to Jerusalem, how big of a boner do you have right now?

Reply #8645

I don't think this is historically accurate?

Reply #8646
the phrase "eternal and undivided" seems peculiar and yet is consistently used to describe the importance of the situation. i don't think i've ever heard this before today.

also, writing style tip! describing something as "always have been and always will be" something and describing it as "the eternal" something is redundant! can something only be "eternally" something for a temporary period of time, mr. ryan???

Reply #8647
But it's also just plain wrong. The Kingdom of Israel didn't always have Jerusalem as a capitol.

Reply #8648
i think it's "undivided" that's sticking out in my mind. it's just such a strange point.

Reply #8649
I assume it's there to state clearly that East Jerusalem won't be part of any potential Palestinian state.