Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: crosspost me again and you'll draw back a stump

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 97400 times) previous topic - next topic

Trubble and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #9175
Don't be afraidy I will set the fires
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #9176
Some of Jared Kushners bank records with Deutsche Bank were subpoenaed in December. Now all of a sudden Deutsche Bank feels a belated but pressing urge to flag his account to the German financial regulator as suspicious: apparently they have suddenly spotted some red flags for money laundering.

What good, responsible corporate citizens they are.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #9177
in before kushner's lawyer compares this regulatory action to kristallnacht and the nuremburg laws

Reply #9178
to be fair to jared remember that time deutche bank cooperated with investigators trying to sort out the extent of nazi laundering of stolen jewish wealth in WWII yeah me neither.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #9179

Reply #9180
oh god I hope so

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #9181
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• uncool
Reply #9182
Sounds like the White House has fully decided on a scapegoat.
  • Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:07:17 AM by uncool

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #9183
Flynn must not know where all the bodies are buried.

• el jefe
Reply #9184
looking forward to "russia gate is a fake scandal.  ....  and it was all Michael Flynn's idea!"

• linus
Reply #9185
A brief phone call from the office of Andrew McCabe, the deputy FBI director, to a scheduler for Flynn on Jan. 24 set the interview in motion, according to people familiar with the matter. The scheduler was told the FBI wanted to speak with Flynn later that day, these people said, and the meeting was placed on Flynn's schedule. The scheduler didn't ask the reason for the meeting, and the FBI didn't volunteer it, one person familiar with the matter said.

Later that day, two FBI agents arrived at the White House to speak with Flynn. A lawyer for the National Security Council typically would be informed of such a meeting and be present for it, one person familiar with the procedures said. But that didn't happen in this instance, and Flynn didn't include his own personal lawyer, two people said. He met with the two federal agents alone, according to these people.
Unclear what the basis is for the "sought to conceal" characterisation. OK, he didn't actively inform anybody, but it seems kind of ballsy to have it on his official schedule and to do the interview at the WH if he really didn't want anybody else to know.

• nesb

Reply #9187
dunno if there's a thread for Trump's voter fraud commission but this is just  :dunno:  :911:  :dunno:  :stare:  :ohdear:

https://gizmodo.com/kris-kobach-s-office-leaks-last-4-social-security-digit-1822415622
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #9188
dunno if there's a thread for Trump's voter fraud commission but this is just  :dunno:  :911:  :dunno:  :stare:  :ohdear:

https://gizmodo.com/kris-kobach-s-office-leaks-last-4-social-security-digit-1822415622
I wonder if the victims can sue?
Are we there yet?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #9189
Trump would be willing to apologize about racist tweets...

... would be.
IF...  Piers Morgan would like him to.
I guess.
"Here's what's fair. If you're telling me these are horrible people, horrible racist people, I would certainly apologize, if you'd like me to do that. I know nothing about them," Trump told ITV's Piers Morgan on "Good Morning Britain."

Trump appeared to defend sharing the video, saying he knows nothing about the group.

"I know nothing about these people," Trump said, referring to the right-wing group. "I am often the least racist person that anybody is going to meet."
Gosh...
Maybe it's not such a great idea to rebroadcast and exponentially amplify shit you haven't fact-checked from people you know nothing about.
Nobody knew brainstem-level common sense could be so complicated!
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #9190
Trump would be willing to apologize about racist tweets...

... would be.
IF...  Piers Morgan would like him to.
I guess.
"Here's what's fair. If you're telling me these are horrible people, horrible racist people, I would certainly apologize, if you'd like me to do that. I know nothing about them," Trump told ITV's Piers Morgan on "Good Morning Britain."

Trump appeared to defend sharing the video, saying he knows nothing about the group.

"I know nothing about these people," Trump said, referring to the right-wing group. "I am often the least racist person that anybody is going to meet."
Gosh...
Maybe it's not such a great idea to rebroadcast and exponentially amplify shit you haven't fact-checked from people you know nothing about.
Nobody knew brainstem-level common sense could be so complicated!
I like how Drumpf always characterizes himself as the bestest of good things and the leastest of bad things.
I'm hoping he's representing the US in every event this Olympics, being soooooo good he'll take gold, silver and bronze in every event. In fact, the rest of the competitors will throw him a huge party at the end, maybe one at the beginning. Probably half of them will just take a bye they will be in such awe. Prolly some will offer to carry him if he's a bit tuckered from the previous event.
Are we there yet?

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #9191

• el jefe
Reply #9192
slightly surprised he didn't claim to be the mostest feminist

• uncool
Reply #9193
Nah. His base thinks they like humility, so he claims to be the most humble. His base thinks they hate feminism, so...

Reply #9194
Nah. His base thinks they like humility, so he claims to be the most humble. His base thinks they hate feminism, so...

His base are having their last gasp.  Leave it to Beaver whitedom, coal, and Detroit are dead.  This is a temporary anachronistic aberration.

• nesb
Reply #9195

His base are having their last gasp.  Leave it to Beaver whitedom, coal, and Detroit are dead.  This is a temporary anachronistic aberration.

I want to agree with you, but as a Michigander, I have to defend Detroit.

In Detroit, the future is still being written. Time and time again I felt giddy with possibilities, informed in large part by the innovators I was talking to. Yet many of these same innovators -- community activists, artists, small business owners -- took issue with the trendy notion of a "New Detroit," as this term largely ignored the fiercely independent and creative spirit that has existed in the city for decades and made Detroit such a haven for creatives and visionaries in the first place.
-Detroit: The Most Exciting City in America?

Fun story. Back in the day, my then-girlfriend and I went to see a Nick Cave concert in Detroit. It was solid. We then went around looking for a place to eat, late at night, after the concert had ended. We were a couple of scrawny white kids, probably dressed in vaguely goth clothing. The only place we found open was a pizza parlor, with a bunch of huge black dudes hanging around the entrance. So we went in and ate.

We later went back to Detroit, to check out the art museum etc., and on our way back, my girlfriend complained of a headache. So I stopped at a gas station to buy some pills, and I walked back out to see a white dude with one boxing glove walking towards our car, asking for something. I didn't have time to say anything, before some black dude yelled, "hey! You leave those kids alone!" We got in our car and drove off.

Which maybe doesn't leave the best impression of Detroit, but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCdgDxQbW_U

Reply #9196
I don't even understand why Detroit is in that sentence.

• uncool
Reply #9197

• el jefe
Reply #9198
lol

Reply #9199
Lol? Seriously?