Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Do you normally poke a hornet's nest with your dick?

Topic: I see elves and pixies: the psychoactive drugs and hallucinogens thread (Read 191 times) previous topic - next topic

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
I see elves and pixies: the psychoactive drugs and hallucinogens thread

Re: I see elves and pixies: the psychoactive drugs and hallucinogens thread
Reply #1

😍
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Bilirubin
Reply #2
I knew Testy would be first in the thread

Reply #3
I knew the sun would rise this morning.

Reply #4
"People will take psilocybin at a rave or at Burning Man [. . .] but the effect," he said, "evaporates like water running through their hands."

That's a strange, categorical statement for a psychopharmacologist to make. Either he knows better, and he's got some agenda, or he's bizarrely ignorant.
  • Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 08:52:07 PM by Recusant

• MikeS
Reply #5
"People will take psilocybin at a rave or at Burning Man [. . .] but the effect," he said, "evaporates like water running through their hands."

That's a strange, categorical statement for a psychopharmacologist to make. Either he knows better, and he's got some agenda, or he's bizarrely ignorant.
Yes; ~33 years ago (the last psilocybin fun I had) I was watching a ceramic seagull fly around the room for an hour before my friend poked me to get up out of the chair.  You can trip for hours from what I remember.

Gave all that stuff up before I turned 20.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #6
Leary did experiments with prisoners back in the 60s

All the psychoactive chemicals showed great ability to transform people.  So the government shut him down. 

The last thing we need is a bunch of free thinkers and happy people.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #7

Yes; ~33 years ago (the last psilocybin fun I had) I was watching a ceramic seagull fly around the room for an hour before my friend poked me to get up out of the chair.  You can trip for hours from what I remember.

I meant that a psychopharmacologist should know perfectly well that an experience with a powerful hallucinogen can have a lasting influence on a person (as FX alluded to), that is, long after the immediate experience, even outside of a clinical setting where that person is being shepherded or coached to achieve some objective.
  • Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 08:36:28 AM by Recusant

• MikeS
Reply #8
Well, to be honest, the after effects of psilocyban were very benign when I compare it to LSD or Ecstasy which I found had a lasting hold on my thoughts.  I never took mescaline but have heard that the experience is similar to ecstasy.

Although anecdotal, none of the group I was with had any lasting effects from mushrooms but did have noticeable or relatable effects from other drugs.

I can see that if your psyche is susceptible to some type of imprint from any hallucinogen then mushrooms would be like any other trip on any other drug.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #9
Shrooms are not like Peyote, which is not like acid, which is certainly not like anything else.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #10
Leary did experiments with prisoners back in the 60s

All the psychoactive chemicals showed great ability to transform people.  So the government shut him down. 

The last thing we need is a bunch of free thinkers and happy people.

Reply #11
Well, to be honest, the after effects of psilocyban were very benign when I compare it to LSD or Ecstasy which I found had a lasting hold on my thoughts.  I never took mescaline but have heard that the experience is similar to ecstasy.

Although anecdotal, none of the group I was with had any lasting effects from mushrooms but did have noticeable or relatable effects from other drugs.

I can see that if your psyche is susceptible to some type of imprint from any hallucinogen then mushrooms would be like any other trip on any other drug.
LSD is by far the more profound between the two although I had a shroom experience that outdid all the others combined but it was not exactly profound. Mescaline is usually sold in the purple barrel pills and is less strong although different than LSD.

• Bilirubin
Reply #12

• CORed
Reply #13

I spent a couple of centuries or so (Subjective: Real time about 30 Min.) lost in a sunset at Chesler Park in Canyonlands National Park a few decades ago.