Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: We have the never ending cart thread. Help us.

Topic: Immigration/border patrol megathread (Read 9027 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Immigration/border patrol megathread
Reply #525
someone in the white house needs to pull a gorilla channel for real and beam a potemkin "fox and friends" that just consists of reruns with the dialog replaced with talking points more suitable for not pile driving the whole world into shit.

Reply #526
I feel like that was a subplot in Generation P

Reply #527
like how hard can it be to dub "actually nuclear war is what obama wants" into a clip from that show

Reply #528
In case you have an afternoon to waste:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpAdOi1Vo5s

Reply #529
Ok but we know that:

1) that won't actually work politically and will result in DACA being dead
2) lol Dems with anything close to a spine for something like that
3) Dems would get owned by the largely CHUD military

there are plenty of ways to fight a war that the US military would not succeed at.

They have the guns, but we have the tasteful arrangements.

Reply #531
You can actually see the transition from lupovagina to vukojebina.
  • Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:59:17 AM by Pavlovs Dog

Reply #532

Reply #533
how is it news that trump is racist?  honestly surprised anyone's surprised by this.
why are you like this
because I already thought trump was obviously racist?

You're the only genius who cracked the fucking case. Well done. :golfclap:

eta i guess i shouldn't make fun of men for failing to understand emotions other than anger since it's not your fault that you're emotionally illiterate
What use are all those other girly emotions? I mean, leaders need to be tough and men are natural leaders...
*starts choking on...
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #534
Bad news about Republicans: they're all racists
ANCHOR: President's comments yesterday bother you, frustrated? He lamented about the immigration program that was in front of him, says, "why are we taking so many people from these "s-hole* countries", what is your reaction to that?

RENACCI: Well look, I've said all along, the president many times says what people are thinking. I learned as a business guy you have to be careful what you say because people pick everything up, believe me, when I have a mic on I have got to watch what I say. That is a business guy going into a political career. It's difficult, I know it's difficult for the president, because many times you want to say what you are thinking, but in the end, I know a lot of times he is saying what people are thinking. So, I always say, judge the President after 4 years.

Reply #535
Trump is just saying what normal people think, like you might think about how inferior mud people shouldn't be allowed to get our beautiful country all dirty.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #536

that book was fucking awful in both russian and english, never mention it again  :reign:

Reply #537

that book was fucking awful in both russian and english, never mention it again  :reign:

wow wow wow!

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #538
second-hand confirmation through two republican senators

https://www.postandcourier.com/politics/sen-tim-scott-trump-s-shithole-countries-comment-is-accurate/article_e99c2fba-f7a9-11e7-a381-d7950e17b81f.html

tim scott (who wasn't at the meeting), says lindsey graham (who was there) told him privately that the "shithole countries" quote is basically accurate.  graham isn't confirming this directly to the public, but it seems pretty unlikely for a number of reasons that Scott would falsely quote him.

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #540
Tom Cotton claims Durbin is lying about what Trump said
"I certainly didn't hear what Sen. Durbin has said repeatedly. Sen. Durbin has a history of misrepresenting what happens in White House meetings, though, so perhaps we shouldn't be surprised by that," Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) said earlier Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation ...

"I was sitting no farther away from Donald Trump than Dick Durbin was, and I know what Dick Durbin has said about the president's repeated statements is incorrect," Cotton said.

Yeah.
Right.
And why did it take three days to come up with this defense?
Perhaps Cotton and his fellow enablers had to make sure they had their story straight?  :dunno:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #541
probably had to negotiate the payoff.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #542
Tom Cotton claims Durbin is lying about what Trump said
"I certainly didn't hear what Sen. Durbin has said repeatedly. Sen. Durbin has a history of misrepresenting what happens in White House meetings, though, so perhaps we shouldn't be surprised by that," Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) said earlier Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation ...

"I was sitting no farther away from Donald Trump than Dick Durbin was, and I know what Dick Durbin has said about the president's repeated statements is incorrect," Cotton said.

Yeah.
Right.
And why did it take three days to come up with this defense?
Perhaps Cotton and his fellow enablers had to make sure they had their story straight?  :dunno:

Related to: Trump retweets Posobiec again'

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/368940-trump-retweets-far-right-activist

Reply #543
You gotta give your supporters plenty of time to say there was nothing wrong with what you did, and then deny you did it. Perfect multi dimensional chess.

Reply #544
Inside the tense, profane White House meeting on immigration

A good look inside last week's "s***hole" meeting and how Trump went from "I'll sign whatever you put in front of me" to "no black countries" in a matter of days or even hours thanks to far right Republicans.

When President Trump spoke by phone with Sen. Richard J. Durbin around 10:15 a.m. last Thursday, he expressed pleasure with Durbin's outline of a bipartisan immigration pact and praised the high-ranking Illinois Democrat's efforts, according to White House officials and congressional aides.

The president then asked if Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), his onetime foe turned ally, was on board, which Durbin affirmed. Trump invited the lawmakers to visit with him at noon, the people familiar with the call said.

But when they arrived at the Oval Office, the two senators were surprised to find that Trump was far from ready to finalize the agreement. He was "fired up" and surrounded by hard-line conservatives such as Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), who seemed confident that the president was now aligned with them, according to one person with knowledge of the meeting.

Trump told the group he wasn't interested in the terms of the bipartisan deal that Durbin and Graham had been putting together. And as he shrugged off suggestions from Durbin and others, the president called nations from Africa "s***hole countries," denigrated Haiti and grew angry. The meeting was short, tense and often dominated by loud cross-talk and swearing, according to Republicans and Democrats familiar with the meeting.

Trump's ping-ponging from dealmaking to feuding, from elation to fury, has come to define the contentious immigration talks between the White House and Congress, perplexing members of both parties as they navigate the president's vulgarities, his combativeness and his willingness to suddenly change his position. The blowup has derailed those negotiations yet again and increased the possibility of a government shutdown over the fate of hundreds of thousands of young undocumented immigrants known as "dreamers."

Trump complained that there wasn't enough money included in the deal for his promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. He also objected that Democratic proposals to adjust the visa lottery and federal policy for immigrants with temporary protected status were going to drive more people from countries he deemed undesirable into the United States instead of attracting immigrants from places like Norway and Asia, people familiar with the meeting said.

Attendees who were alarmed by the racial undertones of Trump's remarks were further disturbed when the topic of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) came up, these people said.

At one point, Durbin told the president that members of that caucus -- an influential House group -- would be more likely to agree to a deal if certain countries were included in the proposed protections, according to people familiar with the meeting.

Trump was curt and dismissive, saying he was not making immigration policy to cater to the CBC and did not particularly care about that bloc's demands, according to people briefed on the meeting. "You've got to be joking," one adviser said, describing Trump's reaction.

After Graham left, he told associates that he was disturbed by what he heard in the Oval Office, according to people who spoke with him, and that it was evident the deal's antagonists had gotten to Trump. Graham and Durbin also told allies that they were stunned that the other lawmakers were present -- and that Trump's tone seemed so different than it had been days or even hours before, according to people close to them.

But some White House officials, including conservative adviser Stephen Miller, feared that Graham and Durbin would try to trick Trump into signing a bill that was damaging to him and would hurt him with his political base. As word trickled out Thursday morning on Capitol Hill that Durbin and Graham were heading over to the White House, legislative affairs director Marc Short began to make calls to lawmakers and shared many of Miller's concerns.

Soon, Goodlatte, one of the more conservative House members on immigration, was headed to the White House. Trump also called House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and asked him to come, McCarthy said. Sens. David Perdue (R-Ga.) and Cotton were also invited to rush over

In the late morning, before Durbin and Graham arrived, Kelly -- who had already been briefed on the deal -- talked to Trump to tell him that the proposal would probably not be good for his agenda, White House officials said. Kelly, a former secretary of homeland security, has taken an increasingly aggressive and influential role in the immigration negotiations, calling lawmakers and meeting with White House aides daily -- more than he has on other topics. He has "very strong feelings," in the words of one official. But he's not a lone voice. Trump in recent weeks has also been talking more to conservatives such as Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) on immigration, these people said.

Reminder that Kelly started the purging while running DHS early last year and has said he wants to allow in "between 0 and 1" refugees, i.e. he largely agrees with Trump's racist immigration policies.

Trump was not particularly upset by the coverage of the meeting and his vulgarity after it was first reported by The Washington Post, calling friends and asking how they expected it to play with his political supporters, aides said.

"Everyone was saying it would help with the base," which would agree with his characterization, one person who spoke with the president said.

Three White House officials said Perdue and Cotton told the White House that they heard "s***house" rather than "s***hole," allowing them to deny the president's comments on television over the weekend. The two men initially said publicly that they could not recall what the president said.

Representatives for both men declined to comment.

Going forward, a path to an immigration deal remains hazy.

"I expect that we'll get more Republican support for the proposal because it's really the only game in town. I expect there will be more negotiations -- we didn't write the Bible," Graham said Monday. "We wrote a proposal that over time we can make it better."

Republicans lying to cover for Trump's racism in order to push hardline anti-immigration policies, and pretending that a difference between "s***house" and "s***hole" even matters without addressing the underlying racism guiding Trump's policies and preferences rather than the 'vulgar' words used to express his ideas.

I hope every reporter who rushed to praise "Presidential" Trump after his "I know nothing about policy or procedure and will sign whatever you give me" meeting early last week remembers how dumb, awful and incompetent Trump really is the next time they get the urge to praise him, but I know they won't.

Reply #545
Weird how the DHS Secretary just can't seem to remember what Trump said about African countries

• nesb
Reply #546
It kinda sucks the government has to be shut down because the president is racist.
  • Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:42:57 AM by nesb

Reply #547
yep.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered