Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: You don't expect me to read this shit, do you?

Topic: The Imperial Salon, San Francisco, circa 1859 (Read 433 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
The Imperial Salon, San Francisco, circa 1859

The "usual" rules apply:

1. Do not talk about this game outside the thread, unless your role PM allows you to do so.
2. Do not quote your role PM or any other PM's sent by me in the game thread. This includes screenshots.
3. Do not edit or delete your own or anyone else's posts.
4. Do not use tiny font or otherwise hard-to-read text.
5. Do not use any ciphers or codes to encrypt in plain sight.
6. To vote, type "##VOTE <Player Name>##" in bold text.  If you choose to elect a mayor, use the same format, but make the font blue as well as bold.
7. This is a timed game.  Whoever has the most votes at nightfall will be lynched unless some other game mechanic takes precedence.
8. Players who do not post enough in my judgment will be subbed out or godkilled at my discretion.

Day 1 will be 48-ish hours long.  Night 1 will be 12 hours long.  All subsequent days will be 24 hours long, and all subsequent nights will be 12 hours long.

I reserve the right to add to this list of rules and make other on-the-fly changes to the game.  I don't anticipate doing either.
  • Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:41:41 AM by ravenscape

Re: The Imperial Salon, San Francisco, circa 1859
Reply #1
Bartender pour me a rum please

Reply #2
Checking in.     Have lots of errands to do until 4pm or so.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #3

Nightfall is 9 hours 57 minutes from the time of this post

I'm seeing some comments that the nightfall timing is middle of the night for some folks. It's not easy to find a deadline that works all over the globe, but if you think that adding 3 hours to the deadline would help, please PM me.  If you think that's a terrible idea, also PM me.  I'll decide whether to extend the deadline a little when I wake up in the middle of the night or something.

^^ From the Day 1 Thread.  Reposting here in hopes no one misses this.

Also, I'm going to start looking for a replacement for MikeS, since he hasn't posted at TR in a few days.

• MikeS
Reply #4

Nightfall is 9 hours 57 minutes from the time of this post

I'm seeing some comments that the nightfall timing is middle of the night for some folks. It's not easy to find a deadline that works all over the globe, but if you think that adding 3 hours to the deadline would help, please PM me.  If you think that's a terrible idea, also PM me.  I'll decide whether to extend the deadline a little when I wake up in the middle of the night or something.

^^ From the Day 1 Thread.  Reposting here in hopes no one misses this.

Also, I'm going to start looking for a replacement for MikeS, since he hasn't posted at TR in a few days.

I'm back.  Should post some before nightfall day 1

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #5
Thanks!

I'm going to keep the deadline as is today, and move it to later in the day for day 2.

Reply #6
Nos is mayor shouldn't it be 2.5 on testy?

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #7
Nos is mayor shouldn't it be 2.5 on testy?

If the mayor vote is correct!  And I assume it is now.

Reply #8
Bartender get me a rum and coke, and make it a double shot please I am really having a rough time finding a place to live :(

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #9
Here Rach, have another Rum.
Sorry for your troubles.
this old world keeps spinning round.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #10
This establishment only serves cocktails invented in San Francisco.

*slides a fancy looking drink across the bar*

There's never been a better use for Peruvian brandy than the Pisco Punch, and fortunately, we can get plenty of it from ships sailing up the Pacific coast.
  • Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:56:03 PM by ravenscape

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #11
Don't you mix any of that newfangled Coke with it?
I hear it has a bit of real cocaine in it and perks you up real good! :clap:  :cheer:  :parrot:

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #12
Damn, Coke won't be invented till 1886.
Rats, I was looking forward to the Real Thing. :)

Reply #13
oops ok as long as it has double the rum I am happy :D

Reply #14
Bartender can I have another one of those rum punches single this time

I talked with someone today and will be setting up a chance to see one of the two apartments she has available and its in Blaisdell which would be a great place for me, close to the city, lots of buses nearby, and easy walking distance to both my clinic and shopping including a good sized inexpensive grocery store.

I hope I get one of them at least for now. They are cheaper than the places I have been looking at, and both are downstairs.  Only bad part is they do not accept pets, so it would be a short term thing so I can focus on building up the business, and get established in the area and work on my credit so I can get a better place in the summer so I can get my fur babies back.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #15
*Sets a slightly less dangerous looking Pismo Punch in front of rachmarie*

• MSG
Reply #16
Happy 200th birthday*, Emperor Norton https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton#Early_life
The best available evidence points to February 4, 1818, as the date of Norton's birth.
braying among the ruins

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #17
:birthday:

:hippobirdie:

:gift: 

:balloons:

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #18
Apologies for oversleeping.  Working on vote count now....
A raven sleeping above our heads is much better than other things one might imagine a raven doing up there.

Reply #19
Well things are still pretty rough looking for a place to live, but good news is I have a date tonight with a guy who offered to buy me pizza. He works for Spectrum plus has his own business on the side.  He is a dad, and he is only 32 years old. Well he offered to take me out to dinner, I suggested pizza because 3 blocks away is Bella's Pizza and I wanted something in walking distance so I can get there and leave on my own. I am always careful with people I don't know very well.

Reply #20
So much for the date he stood me up and did not call or text either

I am not a happy redhead atm