Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• My reactions to this were a mixed "Wow, what monsters, what colossal douchebags." and "lol what kind of idiot moron dork try-hard I-only-just-discovered-Ayn-Rand talks-too-much-during-philosophy-101 pseudo-intellectuals chat about gutting Medicaid at a fucking college party COME ON."

Topic: Norton's Empire: Day 4 (Read 793 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Norton's Empire: Day 4
This morning, you decide to take the scenic route to City Hall, and head north into the city-within-a-city known as Chinatown.  The shopkeepers are busy receiving deliveries and sweeping the walkways in front of their shops.  Colorful silks, woks, figurines, spices, teas, books, jewelry, chickens, ducks, and a million exotic aromas assault your senses as you dodge delivery wagons and weave through the streets.

Above the street level shops are apartments and businesses, one on top of another, many with balconies overhanging the street.

Ahead of you, a small crowd has gathered. Most of them are staring at a figure in red and black silk sprawled in the street.  A few of the crowd look upward at the hysterically crying old woman on the balcony of the brothel high above the street.

You look down at the figure in the street.  She is...was...a beautiful woman. Beside her outstretched hand are a few baubles and toys, the sorts of baubles to be found in nearly all the shops lining the street. 

You realize the fallen woman, deadlokd, was

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nostrum is your mayor.

Alive

borealis
nostrum
Magicziggy
Spruce
Y.B
rachmarie

Dead
Testy Calibrate, 1-shot co-commuter
teeming brown mass 1-shot loyal bread vendor
MikeS, 1-shot ascetic bus driver
divagreen, 2-shot amnesiac motion detector
timewave - 2-shot jailkeeper
laughing dog - 2-shot watcher
deadlokd - loud inventor

Day 1 begins!

Nightfall will be on Tuesday, 7 AM US Eastern Time (Tuesday, Noon GMT)
  • Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 04:20:10 AM by ravenscape

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: Norton's Empire: Day 4
Reply #1

Reply #2
##VOTE yb##

Could everyone say who they would've night killed if they were Scum.

Back in the morning

Reply #3
Loud is an interesting modifier.

As based on the claims we have had so far, if I were scumz, I would after getting rid of the inventor, gone after Nos as her claim is she is the Emperor.  Even though her vote was lame yesterday, she has been part of the group that has helped along with Diva and myself to root out some of the scumz, bor helped a lot with her one shot as well.

Probably only one more scumz left I would think but not positive on that.  Glad at least some of you listened to me yesterday and stayed on LD. I did not have much to base it on but I was really feeling like he was trying to muddy things and that is rather scummy, and my gut was telling me he was scum.

Reply #4
Is she still sending you love notes MZ? (Nos I mean).

Reply #5
I feel like yb is a good bet for scum though and that is where my vote will go, just want to give more people a chance to speak.

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #6
So 2 down. With all the reveals and claims so far I'm thinking 1 scum left, or at most 2 or 1 and an indie. I know bo isn't scum, and Mz and rach were on LD. Bo and Mz are still my strongest town reads. rach was still around when bo and I unvoted and stayed on LD too.

I also don't see that Y.B had to confirm Bo and I when he did. IMO all of us remaining have plus and minuses though, and that's something to sort through. I'm trying to especially look at scum interactions. Kind of singles out another town read of mine - nostrum. Someone's pulling our leg somewhere and trying to make an end-game out of it.

Also, to Mz, the inventor looks like a good target from a scum perspective. I think that's what I would have tried.

I had hoped for more conversation when phone-playing late - it was a bit frustrating for me, and DL misread my question. I guess we still have an outstanding co-commuter, unless that was like a silent partner who wasn't told of the role, or unless it's an unrevealed indie thing. DL's lantern thing seemed weird to me if his choices of what to invent weren't limited. Maybe it's just 'cause I would have gone more traditional with a cop, doc, kill, or something even more powerful. Yeah, the night chat was helpful, but still.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7
So 2 down. With all the reveals and claims so far I'm thinking 1 scum left, or at most 2 or 1 and an indie. I know bo isn't scum, and Mz and rach were on LD. Bo and Mz are still my strongest town reads. rach was still around when bo and I unvoted and stayed on LD too.

I also don't see that Y.B had to confirm Bo and I when he did. IMO all of us remaining have plus and minuses though, and that's something to sort through. I'm trying to especially look at scum interactions. Kind of singles out another town read of mine - nostrum. Someone's pulling our leg somewhere and trying to make an end-game out of it.

Also, to Mz, the inventor looks like a good target from a scum perspective. I think that's what I would have tried.

I had hoped for more conversation when phone-playing late - it was a bit frustrating for me, and DL misread my question. I guess we still have an outstanding co-commuter, unless that was like a silent partner who wasn't told of the role, or unless it's an unrevealed indie thing. DL's lantern thing seemed weird to me if his choices of what to invent weren't limited. Maybe it's just 'cause I would have gone more traditional with a cop, doc, kill, or something even more powerful. Yeah, the night chat was helpful, but still.

As scum, I'd also have killed the inventor. As for deadlokd's choice of invention, I think I remember him saying he did not know/was not told what the inventions were for.

I need to check on some things, but I'm leaning towards the co-commuter being scum. I suspect the Town component chose the night/s, leaving a lot to chance, and slightly weakening a scum action, in that the co-commuting scum might find themselves whisked out of town and unable to perform their night action.

• Y.B
Reply #8
Who would I have night killed if I were scum? Well, my town list includes bo, MZ, grit, and, in hindsight, DL. Out of all of them, I think it made most sense to kill DL.

Remember I thought LD was also scummy, and I had no objection to him being lynched, even though I voted for DL. OK, that proves absolutely jack squat, but there you go.

Unless something crazy is going on, which is possible, this leaves nostrum.

##VOTE nostrum## - for now.

• Y.B
Reply #9
Who would I have night killed if I were scum? Well, my town list includes bo, MZ, grit, and, in hindsight, DL

ETA: and rachmarie.

Reply #10
Good grief you really think I would have after bors good shot of tw turned around and hard bussed the other scum bud? That would be insane considering how often I get lynched. I don't bus, I tried to bus once and it backfired on me tremendously. I have found it just is not a good play for me.  And keep in mind I did not just vote for LD, I also pushed him hard as scum, and kept my vote on him instead of switching over to DL who was an inventor who admitted he had more than one shot. And even if he did not know what the inventions did, it still is the strongest town special in this game.

Reply #11
so how about a real case on me besides the fact I think you are the last scum yb?

Reply #12
and yeah, had I been scum with the mayor final voting herself you bet I would have flipped over to Aden and saved my scum budz. There was enough doubt and even if I was lynched over it, LD would still have been around to keep on trucking.

• Y.B
Reply #13
so how about a real case on me besides the fact I think you are the last scum yb?

Huh? I said you were on my town list.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #14
I'm not going to vote today. Supposedly everyone is cleared except MZ and me. If that is the case then it has to be MZ but I think that's silly for me to be the title role and his claim to match just so.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #15
I'm not going to vote today. Supposedly everyone is cleared except MZ and me. If that is the case then it has to be MZ but I think that's silly for me to be the title role and his claim to match just so.

I don't understand why this prevents you from voting. I'm not even sure what, if any, the game relationship is between you and MZ, because I may have missed something.

Also I don't think everyone else is precisely 'cleared', they are just less likely to be scum.

Reply #16
##VOTE nostrum##

If it's not nostrum it's Yb.
But it's nostrum. I think.

Grit where's the sensor result?

Reply #17
oops I misread that then sorry yb, still think you are scumz though

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #18
there's no game mechanic, I could send anonymous utterances of love to him once per day/night. So, you're right that there's no game relationship.

Reply #19
Or shes traitor.
In fact that's it

Reply #20
Nostrum who would you have night killed if Scum.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #21
oops I misread that then sorry yb, still think you are scumz though

Explain why you think yb is scum. His reporting Diva's views help clear grit and myself. Why would scum do that? A moment's thought would make it clear that it would help town and screw scum. Yb is town.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #22
##VOTE nostrum##

If it's not nostrum it's Yb.
But it's nostrum. I think.

Grit where's the sensor result?

it's you! This is for diva
##VOTE MZ FINAL##

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #23
MZ, who are you and what are you, exactly?

Reply #24
I'm exactly who I said I was.