Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• This is why I like TR. Sometimes ya just have to stand there with your mouth open.

Topic: Norton's Empire: Day 4 (Read 773 times) previous topic - next topic

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: Norton's Empire: Day 4
Reply #25
Well, spell it out. I'm old and forgetful.

Reply #26
Day 1 imperial beloved sex worker
Also needed 8 votes to be lynched 1

So vanilla ever since day 1.

Until now. Thanks DL.

Reply #27
The Scum kill should have been Yb, not diva. But Yb is Scum so kill the source not the reporter.

The Scum kill of the inventor is equally baffling given the invention lives on. Plus DL attempted to give it to me yesterday.

However everybody thinks DL was the right kill. I'd have killed grit if he can sense the Lynch.

Reply #28
Yb was bound to report divas actions accurately at risk of looking scummy. He wasn't to know who it might clear.

Just thinking out loud.

Reply #29
##VOTE Yb##

If it doesn't end it I recommend lynching nostrum.

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #30
Grit where's the sensor result?

I was waiting to see who if anyone would ask.
I indeed tried last night. My sensor attempt failed. The way the GM described it looks like I lost the power or maybe it was stolen, not that it was blocked.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #31
Day 1 imperial beloved sex worker
Also needed 8 votes to be lynched 1

So vanilla ever since day 1.

Until now. Thanks DL.

Thank you.

The Scum kill should have been Yb, not diva. But Yb is Scum so kill the source not the reporter.

The Scum kill of the inventor is equally baffling given the invention lives on. Plus DL attempted to give it to me yesterday.

However everybody thinks DL was the right kill. I'd have killed grit if he can sense the Lynch.

Scum may have thought the GM was using a FPTP protocol. Also I think Dl had one more shot.

Yb was bound to report divas actions accurately at risk of looking scummy. He wasn't to know who it might clear.

Just thinking out loud.

Diva, iirc, did not know who her information would go to. Yb didn't have to say anything at all.

I'm having difficulty figuring out you and nostrum. Nostrum's been erratic, which suggests she's conflicted. She final voted herself yesterday, and you today, after saying she wouldn't vote at all. You think she's scum and I'm not sure of either of you. Or of rach, either.

Reply #32
Four Scum is too many. Grit and Yb cannot both be scum and concocted divas result.

Therefore grit visited borealis since no one else claims to have. His claim stacks up.

Yb is another matter. Already discussed.

Three Scum plus traitor is possible and nostrum has changed tack since things have gone against Scum. Self voting. Saying she will not vote. Now final voting me. All looks like she wants to draw the Lynch .

Her case on me is her and I are the only ones not cleared. That's a rather simplistic view. I'm as cleared as rach since we lynched LD.

Reply #33
Rach definitely doesn't bus.

Reply #34
Another theory.

Co-commuter hides with another player.

Grit is co-commuter. Grit is the final Scum having hid with borealis. His loss of the sensor read is pinging .

Reply #35
##VOTE grit##

Reply #36
This makes more sense

Reply #37
Also I would have definitely killed grit. I was hoping others would say the same. Only grit should be killing DL.

Reply #38
I think I'm done.

Reply #39
He doesn't even need to be a commuter. Could be hider. The co thing threw into thinking there would be more than one. Point is his action visits b, ensuring Yb gets that result and of course nothing happens to b. Which makes it looks like a protect.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #40
Your theories hold up.  :unsure:

If nos is a Traitor, that would explain her voting anomalies. At this point she might just want to contribute to a scum win by dying and counting for Town dead on the way to scum parity.

And grit could be something other than a JOAT, or a JOAT and used a Hider or something on himself. But he'd have to assume or know yb/diva would know I was going to kill TW, which I did not disclose beforehand. TW wasn't much on the radar - I had voted him the previous day (I think?) but it went nowhere and I switched later in the day. And if grit was scum with TW, why would he be hanging around TW that night?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #41
And what's grit's reasoning for using a power to hang around me that night watching me kill rather than using a block or something?

Reply #42
Traitor dying also adds a night kill.
Last four with a toss up between rach, grit , Yb and you/me. More likely you because I have an unknown invention. Scum has a chance then.

Reply #43
I thought traitor just knew who the scumz were and in some cases can be recruited and even if not recruited, helps scum win with parity ?

I iz confuzed???

Reply #44
Sigh stop interfering with my logic uggh I was sure it was yb and now you give me a good case on spruce though I still come back to the what about him offering to doc protect bor so she could get her kill in? And it would have made sense to kill her based on that. pretty sure that is why they went after Diva, even though she was not a real cop, or watcher/tracker role which are much stronger than motion sensor, because they assumed that spruce was protecting her so she could get her shot off.

Unless you think he concocted the doc as part of his JOAT claim to make himself look towny while actually killing Diva instead and hoping that bor killed town instead of TW?

That seems pretty risky for scum to do?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #45
I thought traitor just knew who the scumz were and in some cases can be recruited and even if not recruited, helps scum win with parity ?

I iz confuzed???

There are variants. Most common here, Traitor usually does not know who are scum, and scum only know there's a traitor. Sometimes they can be recruited. Usually not. Their job is to help scum win by misdirection, bad votes, etc., and finally to get themselves lynched because they count for parity for town. Once town identifies a traitor, the strategy is to ignore their input and force scum to have to nk them towards endgame if it helps scum to do so.

Reply #46
that is definitely different from the traitor roles I have seen before or played.

Reply #47
so bor what do you think?  

is it sprucey or yb?  I had cleared spruce based on the JOAT claim being confirmed with him doc protecting you, though with a motion sensor it does not state what the action was, just that spruce visited you.

And what about Nos acting odd, is it just RL or do you think MZ is on to something?

Reply #48
MZ's claim makes sense a beloved is lynch plus one more extra vote to lynch, in his case a one shot, in the cases I am familiar with it usually sticks around until MYLO/LYLO because at that point it would severly affect balance and lead to an impossible game for the other team.

Hated is the opposite and requires one less vote to lynch. I have played both those versions. I have also seen beloved princess used to do something weird when they die (like in one game we got to skip a night phase and go right to the next day (which benefitted town).

I feel like I am overthinking this...

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #49
so bor what do you think?  

is it sprucey or yb?  I had cleared spruce based on the JOAT claim being confirmed with him doc protecting you, though with a motion sensor it does not state what the action was, just that spruce visited you.

And what about Nos acting odd, is it just RL or do you think MZ is on to something?

I see where MZ is coming from but I'm not convinced yet. MZ says he has one of deadlokd's inventions, also, which is either good or bad depending on how likely you think it is that Nos is right, wrong, or a Traitor. Nos could be reacting to real life stress, or her votes could be traitor moves. Regardless, don't vote her.

I'm glad there's a lot of day left.  :ohdear: