Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: If being stupid were against the rules, there would be nobody left to post.

Topic: Israel (Read 1991 times) previous topic - next topic

Israel
Probably should abolish it, along with ice

Re: Israel
Reply #1
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Faid
Reply #2
Perhaps Netanyahu can do another powerpoint presentation on that
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #3

Bibi: "BREAKING NEWS THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!! Did you know that Iran was, at one time, pursuing a nuclear weapon?!?!?!?! What sort of nation would ever clandestinely pursue nuclear weapons!!!!????"

IAEA and US: "Uh, yeah thanks dude, we've known all this for a decade."
  • Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:35:54 AM by brugroffil

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #4
hawks everywhere are eternally butthurt that the iran deal took away their excuse to start a war

Reply #5
tbh Saudi wants this war even more than Israel does.

• Faid
Reply #6
First it's

Bibi: "BREAKING NEWS THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!! Did you know that Iran was, at one time, pursuing a nuclear weapon?!?!?!?! What sort of nation would ever clandestinely pursue nuclear weapons!!!!????"

IAEA and US: "Uh, yeah thanks dude, we've known all this for a decade."
First it's powerpoint slides, now it's Fox and Friends:
https://www.vox.com/world/2018/5/1/17306726/netanyahu-fox-and-friends-trump-iran-deal

What else does a guy have to do to make Trump listen? See a plastic surgeon and get a Big Beautiful set of implants?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• el jefe
Reply #7
tbh Saudi wants this war even more than Israel does.
and I would include them under "hawks everywhere"

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #8

Netanyahu is making the US media rounds after his infomecial on Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions.

@ thehill.com:  CNN's Chris Cuomo asks Netanyahu: Why give Iran speech "in English and do it in such a big way?"

more of Cuomo pressing Bibi on disclosure of Israel's nuclear capability and Bibi's dodge & weave....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej3fmOTDGVo

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• nesb
Reply #10
So let's say America were to invade Iran. Does that necessarily weaken Hezbollah into a non-irritant when it comes to the security of Israel, and/or any expansionary ambitions Israel has? Because Israel is putting a lot on the table for this bet. For example, Trump could drop the Iran deal, with the only result being that Iran then develops a nuclear weapon. Thus, granting them effective immunity to retaliation if they were to want to ramp up efforts to piss in Israel's corn flakes.

That is, unless Israel plans to attack Iran unilaterally, which maybe they do, or are banking on it being politically impossible for an American president to not help them with an invasion of Iran. I have trouble imagining that their only goal is targeted bombing on Iranian nuclear facilities, since that might not even keep Iran from getting a bomb. It really just seems to me like Netanyahu is embarrassing everyone with this business, so why?

Reply #11
Ask yourself why Russia is finally cooperating with Saudi Arabia to keep oil prices up.

• nesb
Reply #12
Are you suggesting that Netanyahu is doing this as part of an intimidation campaign against Russia and Iran? I don't know. I'm going to have to start drawing myself diagrams to keep all the various players and sub-players straight.

• el jefe
Reply #13
So let's say America were to invade Iran. Does that necessarily weaken Hezbollah into a non-irritant when it comes to the security of Israel, and/or any expansionary ambitions Israel has? Because Israel is putting a lot on the table for this bet. For example, Trump could drop the Iran deal, with the only result being that Iran then develops a nuclear weapon. Thus, granting them effective immunity to retaliation if they were to want to ramp up efforts to piss in Israel's corn flakes.

That is, unless Israel plans to attack Iran unilaterally, which maybe they do, or are banking on it being politically impossible for an American president to not help them with an invasion of Iran. I have trouble imagining that their only goal is targeted bombing on Iranian nuclear facilities, since that might not even keep Iran from getting a bomb. It really just seems to me like Netanyahu is embarrassing everyone with this business, so why?
israel doesn't have the power projection capability to fight much of a war with iran.  only a handful of countries do.  and among them and the countries that share a border with iran, the US seems the most likely to fight a war with them.  and I suspect that even with trump in charge we won't.

• nesb
Reply #14
Which just makes it a weird gamble for Netanyahu, the intimidation angle aside. Incidentally, to be fair, I should be distinguishing between Israel and Netanyahu, since a lot of Israeli's disagree with him.

• nesb
Reply #15
*Israelis

Reply #16
Are you suggesting that Netanyahu is doing this as part of an intimidation campaign against Russia and Iran? I don't know. I'm going to have to start drawing myself diagrams to keep all the various players and sub-players straight.

I'm saying Russia is willing to align with Saudi so long as they keep a tight fist in Syria. Iran's regional militias are a complication no one wants.

• el jefe
Reply #17
so what's the deal with Netanyahu ' s tenure?  is he emperor for life, or something?

Reply #18
He's on his way out on corruption charges.

Reply #19
The Israel of today bears no resemblance to what I was taught about in communist summer camp in the late 80's. I think it's time to give up and try a new leftist kibbutz utopia somewhere else. But where?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #20
The Israel of today bears no resemblance to what I was taught about in communist summer camp in the late 80's. I think it's time to give up and try a new leftist kibbutz utopia somewhere else. But where?
Didn't Theodor Herzl consider the possibility of Uganda?
(Though there is, again, the pesky problem of people already being there.)
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• el jefe
Reply #21
a major problem is that their religious loons all have 12 kids while their reasonable people all have 1 or 2.  same problem in the muslim world.  and in the united states.

Reply #22
The real major problem is that an entire younger generation of Israelis feels that the collapse of the peace process was largely the Palestinians' fault and have lost friends or family at a young age, and a self-governing Gaza be used as a staging ground for additional attacks on civilians instead of self-governing. They're not totally wrong; Palestinian self-governance has been a total failure. This is partly because Israel has undermined the PA, but also partly because the PA itself has directly rewarded and encouraged terrorism. It's also because Hamas and other externally-funded militias have had a massive role in dismantling Palestinian civil society in order to further regional aspirations of their backers.

When your youth don't see a viable peace process, you're not going to have a peace process. It has very little to do with religion.

Reply #23
The real major problem is that Israel is an apartheid state that murders Palestinians and steals their land for fun and they're run by a bunch of right-wing shitheadss