TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Get Out

Topic: Suing Equifax (Read 171 times) previous topic - next topic

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Suing Equifax
Suing Equifax over Breach

An interesting development.

Dunno, with 134M accounts compromised and this effort looking for $10,000 each, it could well be way beyond the resources of Equifax, if all victims sued and the courts awarded the request, that'd be $1,340,000,000. I would think Equifax would simply close up shop.

Upside of all this may be much tighter regulation of credit reporting companies. Much, much tighter. Especially when a bunch of Senators and Congresspeople find out their data was breached. Along with major bank and investment company big wigs, rich people, generals, CEOs of major corporations, etc.
Are we there yet?

Re: Suing Equifax
Reply #1
conflicted. Peter Thiel is a vampire but credit agencies suck.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #2
conflicted. Peter Thiel is a vampire but credit agencies suck.
Better he's sinking his teeth into them than the rest of us.

Just had a thought, would Equifax have a credit rating? If so, by whom? Hopefully not themselves, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Are we there yet?

Reply #3
Allowing him to make bank off a class-action lawsuit is ridiculous.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #4
Allowing him to make bank off a class-action lawsuit is ridiculous.
I agree. But that's the way it's going to go. If it goes at all.
Equifax has a lot of power and influence.
Are we there yet?

• MikeS
Reply #5

Dunno, with 134M accounts compromised and this effort looking for $10,000 each, it could well be way beyond the resources of Equifax, if all victims sued and the courts awarded the request, that'd be $1,340,000,000. I would think Equifax would simply close up shop.

Upside of all this may be much tighter regulation of credit reporting companies. Much, much tighter. Especially when a bunch of Senators and Congresspeople find out their data was breached. Along with major bank and investment company big wigs, rich people, generals, CEOs of major corporations, etc.
$1,340,000,000,000
or $1.34 trillion.  You wrote billion you sad sack loser who has now lost any and all arguments related to this subject
/dave

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #6

$1,340,000,000,000
or $1.34 trillion.  You wrote billion you sad sack loser who has now lost any and all arguments related to this subject
/dave
Damn. I"m going to have to up the voltage.
Are we there yet?

• Monad
Reply #7
The vultures are circling

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #8
Well, at least the CEO (former) won;t suffer too much because of all this.

http://fortune.com/2017/09/26/equifax-ceo-richard-smith-net-worth/
Are we there yet?

Reply #9

Reply #10
The IRS gave Equifax a no-bid contract for fraud prevention.

After the breach.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/03/equifax-irs-fraud-protection-contract-243419

Reply #11
I would think Equifax would simply close up shop.

:clintnod: