Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: I am finding your pace to currently be outstripping my give a shit.

Topic: Shooting in Vegas (Read 1896 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Shooting in Vegas
Reply #150

Reply #151
This is really quite incredible.
1. Secretary of State has nothing what-the-fuck-so-ever to do with the ATF.
2. First you scream Obama is going to take away your guns, and now you're mad that he didn't.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #152
Target audience does not think. All they will hear is a/ it's not the GOP's fault and b/ it is Hillary's fault. Which they already believe about everything anyway, so it's all good.
Truth is out of style

• Fenrir
Reply #153
i.e. Hillary shot those people. Personally. Lock her up.
It's what plants crave.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #154
lol'ed

and Patrick Donahoe was the postmaster general at the time.  AND HE DID NOTHING

• MikeS
Reply #156

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #157
Are mass shootings a white man's problem?

This graph plots the proportion of the 88 mass shooters in census-based racial groups against each group's proportion in the US population. The dotted line represents equality between the two proportions. Groups falling above or below the line have committed mass shootings above or below the rate expected given their representation in the population. Generally speaking, groups defined by race have committed these outrages at approximately the same rate, given their relative size.
Truth is out of style

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #158
Mass shooting are also a male problem.  Meaning it's men who go out and shoot a lot of people.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #159
The article does mention this.
Truth is out of style

Reply #160
Change the definition of mass shootings to, say, 8.  What does it look like then?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #161
No idea.
Truth is out of style

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #162
Change the definition of mass shootings to, say, 8.  What does it look like then?
Guessing honkeyville

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #163
Truth is out of style

• nesb
Reply #164
Why is there no motive so far? It's like the original Halloween film, where the killer was just pure evil. Which shouldn't happen in real life, but here we are. What do you do about people who just kill randomly?

• el jefe
Reply #165
random violence is a thing.  fortunately it's rare.  unfortunately it still happens and there's not much you can do about it.

guapo says he was just a psychopath who did it for the thrill and/or to outdo other mass shooters.  his father was a bank robber and con artist who was profiled as a psychopath.  maybe that can be passed on to children?  ...  if this is right, then there's no sensible motive to decipher here.  he wasn't angry or bitter or whatever.  didn't have an ideological bent.  he just never saw people as more than noisy objects, and in his sick mind going out as the biggest mass shooter ever seemed like a cool thing to do.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #166
he was planning on getting away with the shooting, wasn't he?  makes motive a lot more sinister

• el jefe
Reply #167
i think that would fit psychopath better, since they are self-interested

eta:  yes, I am an expert

eta2: stop questioning my authority

Reply #168
This "there is no motive?  something isn't adding up!  CONSPIRACY COVERUP" bullshit facebook is getting old.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=QCrNsC0mTBg

Actual footage of the entire shooting.

No doubt there were two different weapons firing.  You can hear them, and it ain't no echoes.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #171
The second gun sounds strange, too. Like rapid cracks of a whip. And even more weird, the second gunman stops shooting when the camera person leaves.  Hmmm....

You know what else is weird? I can't see any muzzle flash on the 32nd floor. But the videos showing the second gunman around the 4th floor show it clear and bright. Odd.
  • Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:19:45 PM by Autonemesis

Reply #172
I hear one shooter.

Those whipcrack sounds are rounds passing close, not the sound of firing. When a rifle is fired and you're downrange, the first sound you'll hear is the bullet passing (whip crack), then a moment later you hear the gunshot. If you're really quick witted, you can use the time gap to estimate range.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #173
wait there is a conspiracy? what's the tl;dr?

Reply #174
wait there is a conspiracy? what's the tl;dr?

FX is an idiot.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)