Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Give us your bored, your trolls, your huddled aspies yearning to go crazy. TR guarantees they will.

Topic: Shooting in Vegas (Read 1895 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Shooting in Vegas
Reply #25
The title Lombardo is the sheriff.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #26
I'm actually feeling a little bit guilty that I felt like the pulse shooting was so far removed from my world. I mean, I probably  wouldn't show up at a country music concert either but...

Also, brother says he just snapped and they didn't see it coming so odds of Bernie bro increase slightly

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #27
The Pulse shootings felt closer to my world than this does.

Reply #28
The Pulse shootings felt closer to my world than this does.
I guess it's really that I used to go to vegas relatively often for work whereas in Orlando,  there's nothing but disney/epcot. We used to go there from Melbourne and Jupiter when our kids were little but most of my wife's family out there died and the kids grew up so now it's only fishing in the sebastian inlet and hanging out in Melbourne suburbs.

Reply #29
I had a youtube live feed of MSNBC playing this morning.  Some kid who was there called in, I guess his video is one that the media keeps playing.
No concern over the fact that a lunatic was able to shoot at him from a hotel room yards away 32 floors up, nope.

His hot takes:

• Good thing it was a country music festival because there were lots of ex-military who could leap into action!   :patriot:

• The festival grounds were a "kill box" because there were 10-15 ft walls on all sides and only one exit!! (not sure if true but still...)

• The police were so brave protecting people that all "those people" kneeling across the country should be ashamed.

:barf:
  • Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 06:58:03 AM by lurkergurl

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #30

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #31
The brother of the Las Vegas shooter said that he was a normal guy who must have 'snapped' before carrying out the worst mass shooting in American history.
In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com, Eric Paddock said that 'something happened' to make his brother Stephen kill at least 50 people and injure 200.
Eric said that there was 'absolutely no indication he could do something like this' and said that Stephen had no political or religious affiliation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940800/Las-Vegas-shooter-s-brother-says-family-dumbfounded.html#ixzz4uMMNaP2f
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Picture of the man
http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/02/stephen-paddock-shooter-gunman-photo-las-vegas-massacre/
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #32
thoughts and prayers to everyone, all that can be done

Reply #33
• The police were so brave protecting people that all "those people" kneeling across the country should be ashamed.

:barf:
this is definitely going to be something the rightwing media tries to make stick

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #34
Isis has claimed responsibility for the shooting attack that has left at least 50 dead in Las Vegas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/las-vegas-isis-shooting-claims-stephen-paddock-responsibility-latest-a7978941.html
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #35
can we get a gun expert in here to tell us this had nothing to do with assault rifles?

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #36
TBH that's how it looks from outside the US. To anyone else, it seems fucking insane.
To a good portion of us living here, it's fucking insane AND terrifying.

Everyone calm down and wait for confirmation. If it was a Muslim guy, then we can go ahead and shit on civil rights and do as much as possible under the guise of protecting Americans. If it was a white guy, we can shrug and say that's just the price of freedom and there's nothing to be done. Let's not be hasty.
I wish this shit were still funny, but even parody any more is fucking awful (not knocking you, meeps, just the whole fucking situation).

It's not the slightest bit funny.

This country does not care and will do nothing. If dead children at an elementary school didn't end people's love affair with guns, nothing ever will. We'll thoughts and prayers it away, and people will just continue to live in a place where their kids have to do active shooter drills at school starting in Kindergarten without giving it much thought.

And then every couple of months, something like this will just continue to happen, and the only thing Americans will do in response is buy more guns.

Reply #37
Well first we need a fully detailed thesis on whether it was actually an assault rifle, including a breakdown of its features and the legislative history.

Reply #38
I was actually about to say it's part of our culture.  as insane as that sounds.  this is just a thing americans do.  we have mass shootings every now and then. day and twice on Sundays.

fixt

Reply #39
can we get a gun expert in here to tell us this had nothing to do with assault rifles?

This seems to have been fully automatic weapons and given the distances probably higher caliber so most likely really doesn't have anything to do with the more common AR-15 assault rifles.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #40
If dead children at an elementary school didn't end people's love affair with guns, nothing ever will.
:sadyes:

That was the sad moment it really, finally, hit me: this nightmare is never going to end, certainly not in my lifetime.
I'll continue to write my congressman, donate to Moms Demand Action, etc. but ever since Sandy Hook, I know it's just going through the motions, shaking my fist against the wind.  :(
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #41
gun stocks are soaring today

Reply #42

Reply #43
They probably have that story assigned permanently to a bot that watches Twitter for news of the latest massacre, performs search/replace on boilerplate text, and publishes without human intervention. And why not? No human intervention is forthcoming with the USA's gun fetish.

Reply #44
Well first we need a fully detailed thesis on whether it was actually an assault rifle, including a breakdown of its features and the legislative history.

This seems to have been fully automatic weapons and given the distances probably higher caliber so most likely really doesn't have anything to do with the more common AR-15 assault rifles.

lol brugawful took the bait

• MikeS
Reply #45
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Reply #46
Meanwhile, in France, 2 women were killed in a knife attack at a train station.  :(

Reply #47

lol brugawful took the bait
nobody gave a shit when a couple of dozen of children were slaughtered. gun control will never go anywhere and focusing on it politically will doom politicians to failure.

• MikeS
Reply #48

It's not the rifle but the Ammo.  If he's using 5.56mm NATO standard then these bullets reach out a ways.
A Google Map measure shows the audience area at 1200 to 1400 feet from his window (400 to 500 yards).

Taking the balistics of that round (CALCULATED HERE) shows the bullet dropping by ~72 inches and having stopping power of 500 to 600 ft.lb force.  That is 4x to 5x what a .22 long rifle round out of the barrel.  I think its the same as a .38 or 9mm bullet at 10 yards. 

Not sure what plunging fire from 32 stories up does, but I think it just ....

ummm ....

<eats and dick and blows brains out>
:stareicide:  :vcide:

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #49
nobody gave a shit when a couple of dozen of children were slaughtered. gun control will never go anywhere and focusing on it politically will doom politicians to failure.
Lots of people actually gave more than a shit.
Just not enough to get a bought-and-paid-for congress to do a damn thing.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins