Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Be strong

Topic: Shooting in Vegas (Read 1901 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Shooting in Vegas
Reply #50
nobody gave a shit when a couple of dozen of children were slaughtered. gun control will never go anywhere and focusing on it politically will doom politicians to failure.
Lots of people actually gave more than a shit.
Just not enough to get a bought-and-paid-for congress to do a damn thing.
the only thing that can stop a bad sniper with 10 guns is 10 good snipers with 10 guns

BUY GUNS

• ksen
Reply #51
and hanging out in Melbourne suburbs.

And you never call so I can buy you lunch. :colbert:

Reply #52
And then every couple of months, something like this will just continue to happen, and the only thing Americans will do in response is buy more guns.

http://www.theonion.com/article/gorilla-sales-skyrocket-after-latest-gorilla-attac-30860

Reply #53

Reply #54
Well first we need a fully detailed thesis on whether it was actually an assault rifle, including a breakdown of its features and the legislative history.
can we get a gun expert in here to tell us this had nothing to do with assault rifles?

This seems to have been fully automatic weapons and given the distances probably higher caliber so most likely really doesn't have anything to do with the more common AR-15 assault rifles.

lol brugawful took the bait
nobody gave a shit when a couple of dozen of children were slaughtered. gun control will never go anywhere and focusing on it politically will doom politicians to failure.

This is a serious point. It automatically disqualifies the politicians who are able to think independently of the donor class. It's a self-defeating feedback loop.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #55
and hanging out in Melbourne suburbs.

And you never call so I can buy you lunch. :colbert:
Next time I go will probably be Xmas 2018 or 19.

Reply #56
We need guns to defend ourselves from the government. For more information on why we need guns to defend ourselves from the government, please see this thread: http://talkrational.org/index.php/topic,206.0.html

Reply #57
Ugh. The hate is ratcheting up.  The feedback loop can't be stopped while right wing media exists I think.

• ksen
Reply #58
Ugh. The hate is ratcheting up.  The feedback loop can't be stopped while right wing media exists I think.

coming back from lunch I had Rush Limbaugh on and this old lady called and said the shooter probably had cancer and since he was going to die anyway he took George Soros money to do this shooting because reasons.

Reply #59

coming back from lunch I had Rush Limbaugh on and this old lady called and said the shooter probably had cancer and since he was going to die anyway he took George Soros money to do this shooting because reasons.
Exactly.  Rush is an enemy of the people

Reply #60
I think all these loonies need to start focusing on that area of the country with the most federal politicians. I mean, I get wanted country western music to die, but this is the wrong way to go about it.

Also, they country western singers aren't the ones we need 2nd amendment remedies for.

• nesb
Reply #61
I'm seeing some implicit suggestions in news pieces, that he could of lost his pants gambling, and went nuts. Though, that doesn't explain why he just so happened to have an armory on him. I mean, I guess this is America.

Reply #62

Exactly.  Rush is an enemy of the people

Agreed. Tom Sawyer is a terrible song.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #63
I love how in America the phrase "he snapped" can be used to describe a man who took multiple guns, including a fully automatic rifle, and tons of ammunition up to a strategically chosen hotel room, busted out the window, and meticulously shot at people, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

When I snap, I yell at the fucking cat. I don't go through a meticulous plan to murder lots of people with an arsenal I spent a long time building up. This was planned violence, and just because it may have been motivated by the kind of extreme male rage that we see on a daily basis among millions of angry men doesn't mean that, oh golly, he just lost it, I guess!

You hear the same fucking shit with the family annihilators who murder their children and partners and ex partners and family members. They "snapped." No, they fucking didn't. They knew what they were doing and they fed their anger until they followed through with their plan.

Reply #64
Careful, meeps' gonna snap. 

Reply #65
All violence is due to "mental illness" meep

Reply #66
I love how in America the phrase "he snapped" can be used to describe a man who took multiple guns, including a fully automatic rifle, and tons of ammunition up to a strategically chosen hotel room, busted out the window, and meticulously shot at people, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

When I snap, I yell at the fucking cat. I don't go through a meticulous plan to murder lots of people with an arsenal I spent a long time building up. This was planned violence, and just because it may have been motivated by the kind of extreme male rage that we see on a daily basis among millions of angry men doesn't mean that, oh golly, he just lost it, I guess!

You hear the same fucking shit with the family annihilators who murder their children and partners and ex partners and family members. They "snapped." No, they fucking didn't. They knew what they were doing and they fed their anger until they followed through with their plan.
You know, that isn't very useful. Holding someone morally responsible for something like this isn't really a deterrent. That process of stoking and feeding anger is an industry with Russia and Alex Jones as key players. While I agree that it sucks when people get sucked into rigid ideological movements and/or narcissistic expectations that the world behave a certain way, personal responsibility is the actual thing that industry is subverting. So if 25% of the population is susceptible to a particular mindfuck, it isn't a surprise when about that number end up with fucked minds if that mindfuck is being actively employed on the population.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #67
We call it "mental illness" (and beg everyone for compassion) when the perp is white.

Otherwise, we call for blood.

Reply #68
We call it "mental illness" (and beg everyone for compassion) when the perp is white.

Otherwise, we call for blood.
map-territory error there buddy.

You don't actually mean "we" there. The problem is calling for blood, not for compassion.

Reply #70
Nearest analogue at this stage looks like the Port Arthur shootings to me. I don't think the claim the guy "snapped" is credible when he's clearly spent time preparing.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #71
what might be an interesting anti-gun tack would be to trot out how fucking much money this guy spent on his arsenal before killing a bunch of people. Making it clear that gun companies are making a shitton on this might be effective.

Reply #72
agreed. That was not an easy arsenal to assemble. Although, this is america and there are actually lots of people who have that sort of arsenal lying around.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #73
What a fucking clown that NRO guy is. These people are full on delusional.

Yeah, I'm sure a bunch of panicked civilians shooting at a tall glass building hundreds of yards away would've taken down the guy. Witnesses reported multiple shooters, so obviously they can be trusted to know exactly what's going on. And it's not like there were other people in the hotel who could've been hurt by a bunch of idiots shooting through the windows hurr durr.

It took a professional SWAT team a lot of time to pinpoint the shooter's location, but a bunch of panicked, screaming people are going to be enough to take the shooter down with their fucking .22s and Glocks they've got hidden under their shirts, all in the dark and in a compromised position on the ground.

One of the musicians who played there said this:

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #74
You know, that isn't very useful. Holding someone morally responsible for something like this isn't really a deterrent.

No, but I'm sick to death of seeing people ignore or downplay male anger and violence and sick to death of everyone being so shocked when it escalates and results in people dying.