Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Who gets to post memescape?

Topic: "Pro-life" republican tells mistress to get an abortion. (Read 106 times) previous topic - next topic

"Pro-life" republican tells mistress to get an abortion.
In today's daily dose of GOP hypocrisy:

Pro-Life Rep. Tim Murphy Pressured Mistress to Get Abortion
I know you're all shocked and dismayed to find out that this fine, upstanding member of the GOP is a hypocrit of the worst sort.

Over-under on whether it matters to the yokels who elected this clown?

Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania, who has a strong anti-abortion voting history, acknowledged last month he had an affair with Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh. Text messages sent between Murphy's phone number and Edwards in January show the two discussing the pregnancy scare, and Edwards pointed out Murphy's hypocrisy in pressuring her to get an abortion.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: "Pro-life" republican tells mistress to get an abortion.
Reply #1
All anti-abortion politicians are the same. And so are most anti-abortion voters. My Abortion is the Only Moral Abortion.

Or - written 17 years ago, still relevant.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2007/07/22/361020/--The-Only-Moral-Abortion-Is-My-Abortion

Reply #2
It's very much in keeping with conservative values as a whole.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #3
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #4
Has decided to spend more time with his mistress?
Truth is out of style

Reply #5
Certainly not the first time that this precise situation has come to light. Nor do I expect that it will be the last.