Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: nobody cares.

Topic: The Big Bang Theory is Unfashionable (Read 177 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
The Big Bang Theory is Unfashionable
I've never actually watched it, mind you.
But I've never heard a good word about it from anyone who seems the least bit sophisticated.
And the idea of a TV comedy that sounds like the premise is exploitation of autism spectrum people pisses me off.

There is a Netflix comedy series called "Atypical", though, about an AS kid and his family that is sympathetic and gets a lot right.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• MikeS
Re: The Big Bang Theory is Unfashionable
Reply #1
TBBT is just the latest episode of Cheers/Friends type franchise.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2
TBBT has been so popular, and so profitable, it has spawned a show about the main character, when he was a child.  I am not kidding.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/young-sheldon/
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #3
It's a shit show (which is why it's popular). Basically, if you made a show about what average/dumb people think smart people are like, and add a laugh track, you get TBBT. I've watched parts of several episodes because 1) I could never sit through an entire one; and 2) several of my less smart friends kept telling me I'd love it.

Reply #4
I live in a predominantly rural conservative area. Was at the sports bar few years ago for a game. TBBT commercial came on and from the cousin-wife of the redneck couple next to me I heard (in thick southern accent ) "I don't git that show", to which her Nascar fan husband replied,"it's got that boy from Roseanne".

Reply #5
TBBT is just the latest episode of Cheers/Friends type franchise.

except it's worth it to watch Cheers, and sometimes Friends.

Reply #6
:unsure:

Reply #7
Cheer is good.  Friends is not.

Reply #8
Who is your favorite Friend?

• tysixtus
  • TITS GUNS