Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: One of the five most chickenshit supposedly rationalist sites on the Internet.

Topic: South Africa shows the US how it's done. (Read 192 times) previous topic - next topic

South Africa shows the US how it's done.

• linus
Re: South Africa shows the US how it's done.
Reply #1
Have to love this:
"We wish to make it abundantly clear that this is not a military takeover," Maj. Gen. Sibusiso Moyo said in a national address Wednesday after taking control of the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/zimbabwe-army-controls-broadcaster-says-mugabe-wife-are-safe-n820926

Reply #2
Zimbabwe =/= South Africa. This kind of ignorance is how we ended up with Trump in the first place.

Reply #3

Sorry.

Reply #4
 :reign:
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #5
Zimbabwe =/= South Africa. This kind of ignorance is how we ended up with Trump in the first place.
Oops, you're right. I was reading two different news articles and got them mixed in my brain. :D 

Still....can we get some tanks to surround DC? (guns facing toward capitol hill, of course)

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #6
Oops, you're right. I was reading two different news articles and got them mixed in my brain. :D 

Still....can we get some tanks to surround DC? (guns facing toward capitol hill, of course)

There's just something deeply amusing about someone called Worldtraveller mixing up South Africa and Zimbabwe. :D
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #7

There's just something deeply amusing about someone called Worldtraveller mixing up South Africa and Zimbabwe. :D
This has been a year rich with irony.

Reply #8
I'm trying to do my part. :)

Reply #9
I've been known to mix up FL and AL too....

• Spode
  • I'm sorry.
Reply #10
Meanwhile in Brazil.

Reply #11
Wait, I thought Brazil was Spain?

Also, on topic...what are the odds that democracy will actually break out in Zimbabwe, or is it more likely that they'll wind up with another dictator/military strongman type in charge?

guapo's odds?

• MSG
Reply #12
don't hold your breath waiting for an outbreak of democracy
braying among the ruins

Reply #13
don't hold your breath waiting for an outbreak of democracy
it seems to kill the host before it can reproduce.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #14
You anti-freedom piece of ignorance, the premise of the US Constitution was to not have power change hands by violence.  

It reads like a Poe, but I think you dumb ass shitheads actually want a violent overthrow of a peaceful government.   Go fuck off and kill yourself.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #15
 :parrot:
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭