Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TR is a forum where feminized men gang up on real men.

Topic: Was the Slavery Issue the Primary Cause of the Civil War? (Read 7835 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Was the Slavery Issue the Primary Cause of the Civil War?
Reply #1450
Nope. You're lying.
Can you point out the lie or do you just mean you don't like that interpretation?
I could. But it's a waste of time to do so.
I think you're lying like you did about sending the check to NCSE
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #1451
Ask me if I care what you think.

Reply #1452
Ask me if I care what you think.
Clearly you don't or you wouldn't keep lying.

Reply #1453
Someone once posted that if you can't explain something in a few sentences you don't really understand it yourself. I can't seem to remember who that was.
that's true. And I can. It's not a matter of can. It's a matter of will or won't.

Reply #1454
You guys can keep playing this childish game if you want to. But I think it's more interesting to talk about the causes of the Civil War and related issues.

Reply #1455
Like how slavery was the cause given by the seceding states?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1456
You guys can keep playing this childish game if you want to. But I think it's more interesting to talk about the causes of the Civil War and related issues.
... and, apparently, to call people liars without identifying any lie.
(speaking of childish games)
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #1457
Well yes, when people post lies about me it often puts me in the mood to call them liars, yes.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1458
Well yes, when people post lies about me it often puts me in the mood to call them liars, yes.
but when you can't / won't identify any lie, it just makes you look foolish.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #1459

Opinions founded on observations are not lies, Dave. You might disagree with the conclusions reached, but those opinions aren't lies.

Reply #1460
You misrepresented what I wrote. That's lying.

Reply #1461
Thanks to Donald Trump pointing out fake news I've really become more and more aware of the pervasiveness of misrepresentation and spin in much of our Communications in the world today. Now that I've become aware of it, I see it on almost every page at this forum and of course you see it constantly in the news media as well.

Reply #1462
It's nice to have excuses to dismiss any facts you don't like.

Reply #1463
I think you brought up 1984 recently. Trump's use of "fake news" is what Orwell would have referred to as "doublethink."

Reply #1464
Thanks to Donald Trump pointing out fake news I've really become more and more aware of the pervasiveness of misrepresentation and spin in much of our Communications in the world today. Now that I've become aware of it, I see it on almost every page at this forum and of course you see it constantly in the news media as well.
lol. Dear god this is such unabashed tool acknowledgement.

Reply #1465
I have yet to see anybody here except me give a truly honest account of the conversation about the 15 year old Maasai bride marrying the 70 year old man. It's always told in such a way as to try to make me look like some sort of pedophile.

Classic fake news practice.

Reply #1466
Do you happen to remember how the term "fake news" was initially popularized, and what it referred to before Trump co-opted it? Or has that gone down the memory hole?

Reply #1467
In other words you people have an agenda. Here at this forum, one of your main agenda items seems to be to make sure Dave is wrong about everything because that makes you feel better about your fake science and your fake world view. It also helps you feel better if Dave can be portrayed as being evil.

Reply #1468
I have yet to see anybody here except me give a truly honest account of the conversation about the 15 year old Maasai bride marrying the 70 year old man. It's always told in such a way as to try to make me look like some sort of pedophile.

It was the woohooing and then your stubborn defense of said woohooing that makes you look like a pedophile.

Reply #1469

I think it was the woo hoo that really tipped the scales there.
eta: damnit

Reply #1470
In other words you people have an agenda. Here at this forum, one of your main agenda items seems to be to make sure Dave is wrong about everything because that makes you feel better about your fake science and your fake world view. It also helps you feel better if Dave can be portrayed as being evil.
This is your usual projection, Dave. No one here bases a shred of his or her self-worth on you. You're not that important to anyone but yourself. You, on the other hand, seem to get some sort of real sense of self-value out of feeling persecuted.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #1471

Oh stop it. If you'd thought for one minute before posting that anecdote you'd have realised how awful it was. If you'd then paid attention to all the information people offered you about child brides, Maasai women trying to make it illegal, the actual physical dangers of early childbearing, and plain admitted you had not thought of those things, no one would have accused you of anything.

But typically, you doubled down, insisting it was culturally fine and that it was okay because a young south african woman said so. I gave you the benefit of doubt, guessing you are just plain ignorant and unread, given FGM was pretty well news to you, and you seem to have no notion re South Africa, and are totally out of the loop on human reproduction. It's you insisting 'Dave has to be right' that gets you into these idiotic standoffs, not everyone else 'lying'.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #1472
Do you happen to remember how the term "fake news" was initially popularized, and what it referred to before Trump co-opted it? Or has that gone down the memory hole?
THIS.

Dammit Dave. Emulating someone who lies constantly about everything is not a good way to go through life. You'd be more honest if you just made up your own lies. Trump being elected was worse for you than for most of us I think. You've become a caricature of hypocrisy and stupidity. Moreso.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Reply #1473

No one has disputed the veracity of the claim of the 'female English teacher' that the young bride looked happy. However, OTHER accounts from actual community members give a more comprehensive view of the practice that indicates it's not universally welcome in the community.
Your reaction to another, younger, child bride -Woo hoo- can only be interpreted as support for the practice.
There is no spin. We just don't agree with your opinion and condemn it.
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Today at 07:50:40 AM
Lol
Sea Star has been trolling me this whole time.

Reply #1474
You guys can think whatever you want to.  You always do no matter what the facts are anyway.  But the truth is ... we were discussing longevity of indigenous people groups and I found an old Maasai guy that was spry enough to marry a young bride - woo hoo!  I'll say it again and I'll keep saying it as long as it comes up.  "Woo hoo!  The guy's nowhere close to being dead ... everyone seems happy ... Woo hoo!"  You guys have something mentally wrong if you can't see the appropriateness of my comment.