Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: We can't be bothered to ban you.

Topic: corbyn won (Read 3952 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: corbyn won
Reply #51
Between Ken Livingstone's pro-Hitler outbursts and these lower-level Labour MPs who are sputtering really base antisemitic shit at every opportunity, it's looking really ugly. Ugly enough that Jewish Labour MPs are resigning and GTFOing the party.

Reply #53
Last month, Khan, the first Muslim mayor of a European capital city, was bombarded with antisemitic messages after stating that he would not support Corbyn in the Labour Party leadership race.

Several of the messages suggested that he had been influenced by Jews, the London-based news website Jewishnews.uk reported.

like, this is trumpist-level racism

Reply #54
yeah maybs he should just ~sever~ tbh

Reply #55
if he cuts those ties, he doesn't have anyone backing him. That's the problem. All his close buddies are scumbags. A lot of his supporters are scumbags.

• Pingu
Reply #56
Sadiq Khan maybe has potential as Labour leader if the party still exists by the time he's in a position to be it.

Reply #57
if the party still exists by the time he's in a position to be it.

high bar right there

Reply #58
so if the problem is that corbyn is bad at being a politician and has shitty allies, why didn't his opponent (who presumably is better at politics and not connected to garbage people) just take up the same policies but do it right?

Reply #59
Seems like he tried. So Corbyn either won because he's seen as the "anti-establishment" candidate or because people actually like his shitty allies and poor showing on subjects like Brexit.

Like, between this, the persistance of the Tories, and Brexit, maybe we need to start asking whether Middle England is full of shitbags and fascists on both the left and right.

• Pingu
Reply #60
There have been a lot of very misleading (deliberately misleading in some cases) narratives about the whole thing.  Like calling the Vote of No Confidence a "coup".  Sure some Labour MPs wanted to get rid of Corbyn from the beginning, but most were not Blairite plotters. Some really wanted him to succeed.  And lots of people who voted for him (me for instance) wanted him to succeed.  But anyone who turned against him got pretty short shrift: "red tory"; "blairite plotter"; etc.

Reply #61
do you think there's any chance he can get a hold of this shit before the next election? what's the advantage of splitting as opposed to trying to make the best of it with a crabby PM or w/e?

• Pingu
Reply #62
Better not to split IMO.  Wait for him to win or lose.

• Pingu
Reply #63
But if the country goes belly-up because of Brexit, there's not going to be a lot of love for Corbyn among Labour sympathisers who voted Remain.

Reply #65
But if the country goes belly-up because of Brexit, there's not going to be a lot of love for Corbyn among Labour sympathisers who voted Remain.

Or they'll just follow playbook and blame immigrants, Jews, Germany, the EU, and America.

Reply #66
oh and the irish and the scottish and the welsh. etc.

Reply #67
If this was the old forum, I could tag this thread Chavistan, but sadly this new forum software is dumb.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #68
Calling all Pommie bastards!

So apparently all your electoral boundaries are currently being re-drawn. Does anyone have a handle on the likely effects of that process?
Truth is out of style

Reply #69
so is there anyone who supports this guy who can put up a good argument why this isn't gonna suck? because it's looking like a parallel less to sanders winning than to sanders' supporters going over to johnson and clinton losing.

• ksen
Reply #70
It's a disaster.

I foresee a minimum of three consecutive Tory terms now, probably four.
You also foresaw Corbyn losing so there's that.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #71
:rofl:

Did she foresee Brexit? I can't remember.
Truth is out of style

Reply #72
well she was also a "better together" supporter iirc

honestly i won't be satisfied until i hear guapo's odds

• Pingu
Reply #73
It's a disaster.

I foresee a minimum of three consecutive Tory terms now, probably four.
You also foresaw Corbyn losing so there's that.

Well, I hoped he'd be replaced.  I hoped he'd resign.  I ASSUMED he'd resign dammit.

But I did not foresee Brexit.  I thought we'd scrape Remain.

Reply #74
so basically you guys handed the reigns to an idiot who doesn't give a shit about his people