Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: The Good News: Tears for Fears will play a concert in San Jose in July (Read 127 times) previous topic - next topic

The Good News: Tears for Fears will play a concert in San Jose in July
The Bad News:  The headlining band is Hall and Oates.

:sadcheer:

Re: The Good News: Tears for Fears will play a concert in San Jose in July
Reply #1
Lol. I don't know how different that news is from each other.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #2
But the beauty of that arrangement is that you get to leave early!

Reply #3
I am going to see g-love and special sauce on March 23rd in a small theater.

Reply #4

Reply #5

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life
  • Ridiculous Callipygous

Reply #6
Break It Down Again is probably my favorite. I even liked the video so much back then I bought the collection when it came out.

http://vimeo.com/176223613
"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #7
Um, I broke down and bought Metallica tickets for July 5th.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life
  • Ridiculous Callipygous

Reply #8
I just remembered this happened a few months back. Hammered dulcimer dude who does a lot of covers broadcasts a performance on FaceBook Live and somehow Curt Smith winds up at his place shortly thereafter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAFT4eVX5Ak
"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."

Reply #9
That was kinda neat. I've never been a huge tff fan but they're definitely an 80s pop band that I don't dislike. Then again, I pretty much turn off Depeche mode, the cure, Morrissey, the the, and all the other indistinguishable to me bands with British emo singers who seem like they wanted to sound like the cars.

I sort of know in the back of my mind that there is something there but I haven't found the right avenue in to appreciating that genre.

That was definitely one way to gain some appreciation for tears for fears. It forces me to consider the music. Kinda like hayseed Dixie makes people consider ac/dc's music.

Reply #10
Actually, I've always kind of combined tff and hall and oats as similar in my mind. It sounds like a decent idea for a pair to tour together.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life
  • Ridiculous Callipygous

Reply #11
That was kinda neat. I've never been a huge tff fan but they're definitely an 80s pop band that I don't dislike. Then again, I pretty much turn off Depeche mode, the cure, Morrissey, the the, and all the other indistinguishable to me bands with British emo singers who seem like they wanted to sound like the cars.

I sort of know in the back of my mind that there is something there but I haven't found the right avenue in to appreciating that genre.

That was definitely one way to gain some appreciation for tears for fears. It forces me to consider the music. Kinda like hayseed Dixie makes people consider ac/dc's music.
I'm pretty much with you in the "not a genre I cared for" category but TFF was one I gave a pass to even while rolling my eyes every time Shout or EWTRTW came on the radio or juke at the arcade. As a matter of fact there wasn't a lot I liked about 80's and early 90s music in general. I was always sort of an anti-band-wagoner and growing up as a teen in the late 70s early 80s, aside from having a portable tape player and an ability to make a good mix tape, one was stuck with shitty top 40 stations and a couple of two-three cassettes to carry around. I was a little too broke ass for much more than that.

It was a "here listen to this popular shit" world so I spent most of time time exploring bands like Sabbath and the like as heavy rock and eventually metal became a thing. I did get into The Police for a while and played the shit out of them. Maybe it had something to do with the seemingly more "deep and meaningful" lyrics and the tie in to psychology I liked, even TFF with their more simplistic lyrics had that in a lot of their work. With The Police it was Jung and Syncronicity and TFF was heavily influenced by Janov and Primal Therapy. I was kinda heady as a kid.  ::)  But in truth, foolish as I am maybe not much has changed.
  • Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:42:45 PM by Doobie Keebler