Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• wait a minute i just realized i had told testy, not PO9, to kill himself. is there anyway we can just have both of them kill themselves? i'm willing to eat poop

Topic: Some heads are gonna roll  (Read 24275 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: Some heads are gonna roll
Reply #2425
Are there any fundamental reasons why anybody in the United States should have to buy any  manufactured product from any other country?    I really cannot think of any.
So you're with Canada, not Trump, on this Canada milk thing?
Protectionism is a "disgrace" when others do it to the US. It's just fine when the US does it (or threatens to do it) to others.

Trumponomics 101.
There does seem to be an inescapable...

asymmetry

... at work there, does there not?

My theory is that it stems from a pathologically self-centered perspective on, well, everything.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #2426
Is anyone actually surprised that Dave's views on economics basically mean going back to the stone age?
Why do I bother?

• Zombies!
  • Honorary Manipulative Bitch
Reply #2427
Is anyone actually surprised that Dave's views on economics basically mean going back to the stone age?
I'm a little surprised at his ignorance about economics and politics.  Obviously Dave knows little or nothing about the other sciences, but it's not like knowing about free trade = no Jesus.
My own theory is that he kens fine he jist disnae wantae.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #2428
Until this year I've not seen Dave express much interest in politics. Why he caught Trump Fever is a mystery, given much of what Trump campaigned on and seems to be trying to do has little relation to Dave's claimed aims in life.

Those 14th century ambitions, however, have always been antithetical to the idea of widespread trade, since he essentially wants people to produce the bulk of their needs on their personal acreage, other than a tiny bit of bartering.

Reply #2429
Are there any fundamental reasons why anybody in the United States should have to buy any  manufactured product from any other country?    I really cannot think of any.
Should the US put in place policy to compel Americans to buy American when the product is inferior or costs significantly more?
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #2430
Until this year I've not seen Dave express much interest in politics. Why he caught Trump Fever is a mystery, given much of what Trump campaigned on and seems to be trying to do has little relation to Dave's claimed aims in life.
Dave's narcissism simply resonates with Trump's. It's as simple as that: Even on the deepest level, it never really goes beyond "Trump is REALLY rich and SUCCESSFUL and a REAL MAN who kicks ass and takes names (and grabs pussies)". I believe dave is genuinely attracted by many of Trump's 'qualities' that most others find revolting.

Everything else is naive rationalization on his behalf. I don't think he even believes his "Good businessman = Good Prez" crap himself.

Fake ETA: Although It could also be that dave partially falls for the same Fundy trap we see in effect here:

http://citizensvoice.com/opinion/god-will-help-donald-trump-1.2183118

At this point, US fundies would vote for the Antichrist himself, if he was "pro-life" (and anti-LGBT).

I read a good article online about a week ago, something like "How the Bible Belt lost God and found Trump". (It doesn't show up on Google for me right now). Read it if you find it.
  • Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:00:04 AM by Faid
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #2431
Dave's narcissism simply resonates with Trump's. It's as simple as that: Even on the deepest level, it never really goes beyond "Trump is REALLY rich and SUCCESSFUL and a REAL MAN who kicks ass and takes names (and grabs pussies)". I believe dave is genuinely attracted by many of Trump's 'qualities' that most others find revolting.

Everything else is naive rationalization on his behalf. I don't think he even believes his "Good businessman = Good Prez" crap himself.

Fake ETA: Although It could also be that dave partially falls for the same Fundy trap we see in effect here:

http://citizensvoice.com/opinion/god-will-help-donald-trump-1.2183118

At this point, US fundies would vote for the Antichrist himself, if he was "pro-life" (and anti-LGBT).

I read a good article online about a week ago, something like "How the Bible Belt lost God and found Trump". (It doesn't show up on Google for me right now). Read it if you find it.
https://www.ft.com/content/b41d0ee6-1e96-11e7-b7d3-163f5a7f229c
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

Reply #2432

Those 14th century ambitions, however, have always been antithetical to the idea of widespread trade, since he essentially wants people to produce the bulk of their needs on their personal acreage, other than a tiny bit of bartering.
Trade was widespread in the 14th century as well.  At least for the people who could afford the goods.   Dave wants a return to serfdom.   Will he still get to have Volvos and iPhones?

• Faid
Reply #2433
I see Hawkins intends to just badger off his whole extended China / UN resolution / Reuters faceplant.

"Intends"? He's already off the cliff, bouncing down the hillside.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #2434
With Dave's self-ascribed Ph.D. in Truth Detection, you'd really think he would be able to tell when a right-wing nutjob conspiracy blog is lying to him. Of course, his accrediting body for that Ph.D. is the same source as much of his "scientific" conclusions, i.e. his imagination.

The University of Dave's Imagination is sadly unrecognized outside of the confines of Dave's head.

Of course, since he's just ignoring his faceplants on the China issue and is unaware of his ignorance in economics and politics, he's free to continue his content-free sloganeering and cheerleading without that nasty burden of objective evidence.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #2435

Trade was widespread in the 14th century as well.  At least for the people who could afford the goods.  Dave wants a return to serfdom.  Will he still get to have Volvos and iPhones?
He is like Trump in that, like Trump, he seems unable to relate to the reality of needing external inputs to accomplish his goals and fulfil his needs. In Trump's case, he doesn't understand the importance of not pissing off the entire rest of the world to the point that trade and business in America will suffer. In Dave's case he doesn't understand that his vision, accomplished, would mean the end of iPhones and Volvos.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #2436

But  Trump claims to be the champion of the LGBTQXR community.

Idk...  maybe it's really "US fundies would vote for the Antichrist himself, if he was "pro-life" (and anti-LGBT). if the other choice is Hillary".

Or maybe they rationalize it as a "love the sinner, hate the sin!"  kind of deal.

Whatever.  The bottom line is that raw tribalism trumps [sic] any policy or philosophical considerations.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #2437
He is like Trump in that, like Trump, he seems unable to relate to the reality of needing external inputs to accomplish his goals and fulfil his needs.
Particularly stunning, in this vein, was his declaration this week that 'no administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days'

My jaw literally dropped when I heard that.
It sounded much more like a late night cable TV pitch for some fad diet supplement than a statement by the president of the United States.
Or - equivalently - like a Hawkins assessment of his progress toward Saving the Planet.

Reply #2438

Trade was widespread in the 14th century as well.  At least for the people who could afford the goods.  Dave wants a return to serfdom.  Will he still get to have Volvos and iPhones?
He is like Trump in that, like Trump, he seems unable to relate to the reality of needing external inputs to accomplish his goals and fulfil his needs. In Trump's case, he doesn't understand the importance of not pissing off the entire rest of the world to the point that trade and business in America will suffer. In Dave's case he doesn't understand that his vision, accomplished, would mean the end of iPhones and Volvos.
NO IT WON'T BECAUSE REASONS!      I find it ironic that Dave sneers at "Globalists" while his hero Trump invests huge amounts of money in foreign countries.  
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2015/08/17/trump-the-hypocrite-investing-overseas-fine-for-him/#62e42e4f1dc8
"Mr. Trump is either inexcusably hypocritical or inexcusably ignorant of economics," according to Donald J. Boudreaux, a professor of economics at George Mason University.
Dave really is a lot like Trump.

Reply #2439
He is like Trump in that, like Trump, he seems unable to relate to the reality of needing external inputs to accomplish his goals and fulfil his needs.
Particularly stunning, in this vein, was his declaration this week that 'no administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days'

My jaw literally dropped when I heard that.
It sounded much more like a late night cable TV pitch for some fad diet supplement than a statement by the president of the United States.
Or - equivalently - like a Hawkins assessment of his progress toward Saving the Planet.
Its a pretty obvious tell at this point...  https://news.vice.com/story/24-things-nobody-does-better-than-trump-according-to-trump

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #2440
Its a pretty obvious tell at this point...  https://news.vice.com/story/24-things-nobody-does-better-than-trump-according-to-trump
His clueless (non)-description of the New Improved Healthcare Bill yesterday ("it's gotten really, really good!")  was another classic.

Jesus. What an embarrassment.

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #2441
His clueless (non)-description of the New Improved Healthcare Bill yesterday ("it's gotten really, really good!")  was another classic.

Jesus. What an embarrassment.

- "The plan gets better and better and better, and it's gotten really, really good," Trump continued. "And a lot of people are liking it a lot."

Thar be some veritable eloquence in dat Trump. 

He talks like a grade 4 student trying to extend his book report to 100 words by repeating a few words, combined with a severely limited vocabulary.

• Pingu
Reply #2442
And now he's moaning that what a president does in the first 100 Days is supposed to be a big deal.

Having made a big deal of it.

What a ginormous baby he is.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #2443
"including S.C."

::)

Providing a name to the republican senate that had treasonously denied Obama's nominee so much as a hearing and left the seat unfilled for a year,  so they could rubber-stamp whatever name Trump supplied?

That's an "accomplishment"?
The only one that merited mention?

Such an embarrassment.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #2444
Hey, Dave has to answer me first on this.

Thankfully, while all the "head rolling" is going on Trump is going down in history as the least successful ever. Whoever would have predicted it?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/04/20/trumps-claim-that-no-administration-has-accomplished-more-in-the-first-90-days/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_fact-checker-545a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&tid=a_inl&utm_term=.e4932e6f6ab5
"Trump actually is unusual for his first 100 days, but for a reason opposite of what he said. Not only has he accomplished almost nothing, but rather his initiatives (executive orders stayed by courts, a major legislative proposal failing even to come to a vote when his party controls both houses, etc.) have notoriously been unsuccessful."

Which leads to the following question: Dave, how does your Truth DetectionTM superskilz rate the Trump quote:

"no administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days"
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #2445
It's extremely basic economics, Dave. Trade increases wealth and productivity, increases employment, reduces poverty, and encourages the best use of resources, among other things.
Well by "trade" ... if you mean "Dave likes to milk goats and cows but doesn't like to grow wheat so he trades milk for wheat" then yes ... I agree.

But if you mean that "buying Toyotas from a small nation 10,000 miles away somehow increases wealth and productivity, increases employment, reduces poverty, and encourages the best use of resources here in the USA" ... then I would beg you to explain that one to me.

It isn't simple of course
Right.  And you don't understand it.   But anyway you're sure it's good for us. Lol.
But people have been engaging in trade for many thousands of years, to the great benefit of civilisation.
What benefits?  I'm sure there are some, but I'd like to hear which things you think are benefits due to international trade (because it IS international trade you are advocating here).

I'm not going to teach you economics. But if you're interested, there are plenty primers and basic lessons online for you to read.
IOW you're just talking out of your ass again.  You're not going to "teach me economics" because you don't understand economics. 

Reply #2446

And yet again ... you show us all that you have no fucking clue what my vision IS ... even though it's been explained numerous times.

Reply #2447
This is some funny shit ....

People with PhD's and Masters degrees and such ... thinking I'm not going to have Volvos and iPhones in my Brave New World.

Lol

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #2448
Also want an answer to this.

It was actually an honest question.

How do these zingers play in 'gullible rube' territory, Dave?

Do people accept the lies unquestioningly? Or are they parsed with some justification, like 'alternative facts' or 'truthful hyperbole'?

Trump is objectively batting for the honor of 'no administration has accomplished less in the first 90 days'. But Trump, again, has to lie.

Do the 'gullible rubes' understand this, Dave? Is it 'fake news'? Is he being crippled by the treasonous 'deep state'? How do you reconcile this piece of objective reality with the obvious falsehoods being uttered by your hero?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #2449
You're not going to "teach me economics" because you don't understand economics. 
:facepalm:

Says the person who asked:
Amazing.