Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Breitbart claims Great Barrier Reeef bleaching is "fake news" (Read 359 times) previous topic - next topic

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Breitbart claims Great Barrier Reeef bleaching is "fake news"
Putting  it here because it doesn't really warrant a place in politics or current events, and it's defo alternative reality shit.

Breitbart's James Delingpole says reef bleaching is 'fake news', hits peak denial

It takes a very special person to label the photographed, documented, filmed and studied phenomenon of mass coral bleaching on the Great Barrier Reef "fake news".

You need lashings of chutzpah, blinkers the size of Donald Trump's hairspray bill and more hubris than you can shake a branch of dead coral at.

It also helps if you can hide inside the bubble of the hyper-partisan Breitbart media outlet, whose former boss is the US president's chief strategist.

So our special person is Britain's James Delingpole who, when he's not denying the impacts of coral bleaching, is denying the science of human-caused climate change, which he says is "the biggest scam in the history of the world".

Delingpole was offended this week by an editorial in the Washington Post that read: "Humans are killing the Great Barrier Reef, one of the world's greatest natural wonders, and there's nothing Australians on their own can do about it. We are all responsible."

Delingpole wrote: "Like the thriving polar bear, like the recovering ice caps, like the doing-just-fine Pacific islands, the Great Barrier Reef has become a totem for the liberal-left not because it's in any kind of danger but because it's big and famous and photogenic and lots and lots of people would be really sad if it disappeared. But it's not going to disappear. That's just a #fakenews lie designed to promote the climate alarmist agenda."

<snip>

"Is the Great Barrier Reef dying due to climate change caused by man's selfishness and greed?" asks Delingpole, before giving a long list of people and groups who he thinks will answer yes, including "the Guardian" and "any marine biologist".

"Have they been out there personally - as I have - to check. No of course not," says Delingpole.
Turns out he was there once, briefly, in 2012. Obviously the latest bleaching was in 2016 and (now) 2017. And is very well documented.

Fuckhead.
Truth is out of style

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life

Re: Breitbart claims Great Barrier Reeef bleaching is "fake news"
Reply #1
Dave with his PhD in truth detecting will be along shortly to sort this out for us.
"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #2
Yeah I was kinda expecting that. :grin:
Truth is out of style

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #3
I wonder what Breitbart's stand is on chemtrails.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #4
Why would the ice caps need to be 'recovering' if there wasn't any warming? 

I know, I know, I shouldn't expect these fuckheads to even have that much consistency, but well, here we are. :) 

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #5

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #6
Why would the ice caps need to be 'recovering' if there wasn't any warming? 

I know, I know, I shouldn't expect these fuckheads to even have that much consistency, but well, here we are. :) 
Because the loss was just temporary, and not some long term human-caused trend.

Reply #7

ETA: Sorry, wrong thread.
  • Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 05:49:26 PM by Zombies!
Guys.  TRUTH MATTERS.   Absolute.  Fucking.  Truth.    Not 90% truth and 10% lie.  Not 95 and 15.  Not 99 and 1.  100% truth. Needs to be our goal.   Without that as our goal, society will crumble.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #8
What the fuck does that have to do with coral bleaching? :p
Truth is out of style

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #9
It's something like day 70 now.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Fenrir
  • Needs a Life

Reply #10
They really ought ta come on over and investigate thoroughly for themselves. That way them lying scientists can't deliberately mess up the message.

Today would be good.  :grin:

I recommend hook, line and sinker reefs as a good starting point. Right about now.
It's what plants crave.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #11
Yeah that's an excellent idea. Just let them hire a tinnie and go for it. They could have a lovely day out, singing "Every little breeze seems to whisper Louise".
Truth is out of style

• Fenrir
  • Needs a Life

Reply #12
I'm sure Malcolm Roberts and Pauline would be dead keen to do the tour guide thing, perfect photo op.

This thing gets better the more I think about it. What are you waiting for people!
It's what plants crave.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #13
Y'know I can see only one drawback with your plan. With the amount of hot air those fuckwits generate, they could bump her up to Cat 5.
Truth is out of style

• Fenrir
  • Needs a Life

Reply #14
That's a price I'm prepared to pay.
It's what plants crave.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #15
You're a generous bloke, with other people's houses. :grin:
Truth is out of style

• Fenrir
  • Needs a Life

Reply #16
After having my own comprehensively washed and fucked in 2011 I would never actively wish that on anyone.
It's what plants crave.

Reply #17
After having my own comprehensively washed and fucked in 2011 I would never actively wish that on anyone.
:smug: memescape this nao, pls!
Guys.  TRUTH MATTERS.   Absolute.  Fucking.  Truth.    Not 90% truth and 10% lie.  Not 95 and 15.  Not 99 and 1.  100% truth. Needs to be our goal.   Without that as our goal, society will crumble.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #18
 :grin: Done.
Truth is out of style

Reply #19
Sorry for your loss, Fenrir.  

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #20
Did you have it bleached too?  I hear that's all the rage.

• Fenrir
  • Needs a Life

Reply #21

Was liberally marinated in black water, some of which came from an old toxic waste site some distance upstream, so yes, there was probably some bleach in it.

Didn't help though, didn't come out whiter or somehow in an undefined way more appealing. Didn't help the smell either. Very disappointed by so called 'cosmetic science'.
It's what plants crave.

Reply #22

Was liberally marinated in black water, some of which came from an old toxic waste site some distance upstream, so yes, there was probably some bleach in it.

Didn't help though, didn't come out whiter or somehow in an undefined way more appealing. Didn't help the smell either. Very disappointed by so called 'cosmetic science'.

At least now we know how many screws to put in the tinny roof to survive a Cat 5, and probably global thermonuclear war as well.
Believer in High Powers, and naturally, logarithms.
Pikkiwoki is the one true god.