Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Removing Assad (Read 1899 times) previous topic - next topic

• tysixtus

Removing Assad
So, sounds like this might happen.  I mean, Trump has been monumentally full of shit on so many things up to this point, he might just be instructing his administration to say things like what Tillerson just said, hoping everyone will forget or giving him enough breathing room to maneuver into another, better lie.

Or, we might have a fucking carrier over there on Monday. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th5Vf_yWbys

Also, Trump is just the worst kind of pussified bullshitter.

"He's there, and I guess he's running things, so something should happen."

You guess he is running things?  Something "should happen"?  Way to take the leadership role there, triple-chins!

Re: Removing Assad
Reply #1
well now that Molotov and Ribbentrop have agreed in principle to a division of Poland between Germany and Russia, all that remains is a hashing out of the territorial details.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #2
<obligatory "it's a good thing we didn't elect warmonger Killary Clinton!" post>

Reply #3
There's absolutely nothing good that could come from Syria and no "good" answers

• tysixtus

Reply #4
<obligatory "it's a good thing we didn't elect warmonger Killary Clinton!" post>

I can't see how a good situation could come from either one of them being president here, honestly.  I can imagine her itchy trigger finger as she attempts to signal her bona fides to the neo-liberal hawks that gave her money and support.

ETA: Obama didn't do a good job either.  His "red line" moment was a monumental fuck-up.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #5
Yeah, maybe I don't understand or know enough about it. I'm certainly not even close to being an expert. But it seems like there's no good solution at all, and that would've been the case regardless of who got elected. It doesn't help, though, that this administration is all over the fucking place with different high-ranking people saying completely different fucking things and with their complete lack of credibility, their total incompetence, and a doesn't-want-the-job Secretary of State making it impossible to even guess what they might do, with any certainty.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #6

I can't see how a good situation could come from either one of them being president here, honestly.  I can imagine her itchy trigger finger as she attempts to signal her bona fides to the neo-liberal hawks that gave her money and support.

ETA: Obama didn't do a good job either.  His "red line" moment was a monumental fuck-up.

I know but my point is to once again laugh at the idiots who seriously believed Trump was a peace candidate and that Hillary would START WORLD WAR 3 AND KILL ALL OUR CHILDREN because laughing is the only thing that makes me feel better about this fucking garbage.

Reply #7

No, but it's a chance to mock idiot leftists and others who insisted that Trump wasn't some sort of a warmonger like Clinton even as he campaigned openly on committing war crimes and torture.

e,g,

Reply #8
Also, Trump is just the worst kind of pussified bullshitter.

"He's there, and I guess he's running things, so something should happen."

You guess he is running things?  Something "should happen"?  Way to take the leadership role there, triple-chins!

• tysixtus

Reply #9
Those lines from him are honestly the most infuriating thing he's said, to me.  Absolutely disgusting, and enraging in its cowardice. That is not how the leader of the last super power and the holder of the world's largest, most powerful military is supposed to talk about such a serious situation. He looks weak(er) and indecisive, the exact kind of thing that reduces our ability to act effectively when it really, truly matters.

What an absolute fucking heel.

Reply #10

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024

Reply #11
I've been saying trump just put himself in the same pickle as obama, saying assad ' s use of chemical weapons crosses a red line and isn't acceptable, but now realizing he has no good military options.

there are russian troops on the ground, working with assad ' s people.  anything you do risks directly engaging them.  directly engaging the russian military is a terrible idea for the same reason it has been a terrible idea for 70 years:  it could easily escalate into a nuclear war.

Reply #12

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life

Reply #14
people who like war are still really sad about the iran deal

Reply #15

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life

Reply #16
the fact that they are seriously considering a plan that would kill russians is tied for the most terrifying thing I've heard today.  the other thing is this

Some officials urged immediate action, warning against what one described as "paralysis through analysis." But others were concerned about second- and third-order effects, including the response of Russia, which also has installed sophisticated air-defense systems in Syria, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.
http://www.heraldnet.com/news/trump-weighing-military-options-following-chemical-weapons-attack-in-syria/

they consider it a bad thing that thinking this through might lead them not to just charge right in.

don't think about it!  just do it!

Reply #17
it's a fucked up situation all the way around.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #18
This is looking like Dubya on steroids. Start a bunch of wars you have no idea how to get out of, then leave others to clean up the mess. Awesomesauce. :popcorn:
Truth is out of style

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life

Reply #19
and we have a self-absorbed president with self-esteem problems, desperate for some kind of victory within his first 100 days.  and the largest cable news channel will report that war is the safe choice and people who disagree are closet terrorists.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #20
Cool. I'll get some acid to go with the popcorn. This is going to be good.
Truth is out of style

Reply #21

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life

Reply #22
yeah, ok, maybe she would have been just as bad on this

• tysixtus

Reply #23
Well if nothing else, attacking the Russians will prove he is not in bed with Putin.  Unless . . .

fuck . . . .

58D underwater string theory chess . . .

• tysixtus

Reply #24
Well the CIA and DHS will be hiring soon, see you scrubs later.  I won't be allowed to post when I'm waterboarding Syrian commandos.