Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Only tWe was recalled, unlike Pendaric/Jobar/Bannon/SMS/el guapo

Topic: you have an implicit attitude that you did not know about (Read 142 times) previous topic - next topic

you have an implicit attitude that you did not know about
Link: Project Implicit

The Implicit Association Test (IAT) measures attitudes and beliefs that people may be unwilling or unable to report. The IAT may be especially interesting if it shows that you have an implicit attitude that you did not know about. For example, you may believe that women and men should be equally associated with science, but your automatic associations could show that you (like many others) associate men with science more than you associate women with science.
8)
You have selected the Race-Weapons Task. In this study you will complete an Implicit Association Test (IAT) in which you will be asked to sort pictures into groups as fast as you can. In addition to the IAT, there are some questions about your beliefs, attitudes, and opinions, and some standard demographic questions. This study should take about 10 minutes to complete. At the end, you will receive your IAT result along with information about what it means.

We thank you for being here!
8)
Here is your result:
Your data suggest a slight automatic association for Harmless Objects with White Americans and Weapons with Black Americans.
:ohmy:

• nesb
Re: you have an implicit attitude that you did not know about
Reply #1
Yeah. I took that test (or one like it) some billion years ago, and did not do well. This is one of those situations, though, where I feel totally right in blaming society.

Reply #2
This again?

What it is really showing is that it's easier to learn a pattern than to replace a learned pattern.

It's also been shown to have no connection to actual shoot/don't shoot decisions.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #3
Once I saw that an answer generated a red X, a "mistake", I realized it was a bullshit test.  Sure enough, then they wanted all kinds of other info, including birth date, age, location and other shit before showing any results.  It's horseshit. 

Fucking woo woo science at work there.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭