Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Guys, something is really wrong (Read 573 times) previous topic - next topic

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024

Re: Guys, something is really wrong
Reply #25
I think she was describing the ones that don't act white.
What does this mean?  I've heard a lot of 'definitions' about it but nothing that could be termed "main stream" or "generic".

It means that sometime when I wasn't looking my mom seems to have turned into a racist asshole . . . along with the rest of my family. :sadcheer:

My family's always been racist (and failing to grasp the absurdity of being racist in a country that doesn't consider you to be part of the white majority), and my in-laws are only a bit better.
it has been a pattern in this country's history for members of a current or recent wave of immigrants to be the biggest racists.  you get here and you see that there is something of a racist caste system in this country, and you don't want to be at the bottom of it, so you kiss up to the wasps and kick down at anyone darker or fresher off the boat than you.  the Irish were the biggest racists in the late 1800s and early 1900s.  then the italians and poles started out doing them some time in the mid 1900s.  now it's up to YOU PEOPLE to carry the torch.

And some of my idiot dumbass ignorant coworkers just can't fucking help themselves in talking trash about immigrants and Hispanics right in front of my face, with zero apparent awareness of what they're doing. I've gotten really good at staring blankly, waiting for them to shut the fuck up. Hang in there, buddy.  :hug:

Incidentally, your mom is why Chris Rock disavows that bit and will never perform it again. Fucking white people have to ruin everything, even crappy, stale comedy routines.
suspect chris rock did that bit to troll the closet racists into revealing themselves.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #26
What does this mean?  I've heard a lot of 'definitions' about it but nothing that could be termed "main stream" or "generic".

It means that sometime when I wasn't looking my mom seems to have turned into a racist asshole . . . along with the rest of my family. :sadcheer:

My family's always been racist (and failing to grasp the absurdity of being racist in a country that doesn't consider you to be part of the white majority), and my in-laws are only a bit better.
it has been a pattern in this country's history for members of a current or recent wave of immigrants to be the biggest racists.  you get here and you see that there is something of a racist caste system in this country, and you don't want to be at the bottom of it, so you kiss up to the wasps and kick down at anyone darker or fresher off the boat than you.  the Irish were the biggest racists in the late 1800s and early 1900s.  then the italians and poles started out doing them some time in the mid 1900s.  now it's up to YOU PEOPLE to carry the torch.

Give my family some credit, dude. They were racist before they came here, and Latin America has its own history of racism. It's just like you Americans to assume you're special and exceptional. :colbert:

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024

Reply #27
you people will never do racism as well as the whites

:colbert:

• MikeS
  • Needs a Life

Reply #28
I would rank the Dutch pretty high in "whose the raciest white people".

(yes, you can read that multiple ways :D).

Reply #29

Give my family some credit, dude. They were racist before they came here, and Latin America has its own history of racism. It's just like you Americans to assume you're special and exceptional. :colbert:

You're so Americanized that you refer to citizens of the US as "Americans" without a second thought.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #30
qué vergüenza

:noo:

Reply #31
Eh, bein' from TX, I can tell you that shit was around long before Chris Rock was.  My Grandpa was a Ku Kluxer and elected Sheriff of a rural county four times, but there was a break in his service when he was defeated for his third re-election the first time by a Republican.  Four years later he hooked up with the NAACP and a bunch of African-American pastors and got it back.  We had the same stuff come up in graduate school - the church lady type African-Americans said it about the more "street" sorts. 

My nephew is wearin' a badge these days so I gotta be "blue lives matter" about this crap, because family's family.  But he's a got an African-American uncle by marriage so he's a little better prepared than some of the other peckerwoods he serves with.  

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #32
You're so Americanized that you refer to citizens of the US as "Americans" without a second thought.
:ironicat:

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #33
kek

Reply #34
:ironicat:

I grew up in the states so it applies equally to me.

Reply #35

Reply #36
My Mom, die-hard Republican, in a recent conversation with me about current events, including BLM, Trump, and the Dallas (where she lives) shooting that happened 2 days before my visit, said she was probably voting Green this year on the presidential ticket.

Reply #37
"I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored"

Donald Trump's nomination is the first time American politics has left me truly afraid - Ezra Klein
  • Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:06:21 PM by Autonemesis

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #38
Donald Trump's nomination is the first time American politics has left me truly afraid - Ezra Klein
That's because you were born in 1984, and don't really know shit about American politics.

You don't know about Nixon, or the war,
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• ToThePoint
  • Needs a Life
  • search & destroy

Reply #39
protip: When doing laundry, separate the colored from the whites.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• nesb
  • Needs a Life

Reply #40
Ok, but that brings to mind a Chris Rock skit where he says he loves black people but he hates "niggers". He defines the latter as basically gangsters or wannabes, and similar twits (I could find the video if necessary). So, it is possible that your mum actually was told exactly that by a black person. Just giving her the benefit of the doubt here.

Chris Rock quit doing that routine, saying racists thought he was giving them permission to use the term in question.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niggas_vs._Black_People

Reply #41
Keen, your mom is what, 75-80? What she thinks is not indicative of where the country is headed.

She could run for president
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #42
 :staregonk:

Reply #43
That's because you were born in 1984, and don't really know shit about American politics.

You don't know about Nixon, or the war,
You really must be bored.
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins