Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Yo! (Read 294 times) previous topic - next topic

Yo!
What it says on the tin.
Dogma is the death of the intellect

Re: Yo!
Reply #1
I thought you swore off forums? Welcome back. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #2
Hey hack. :)

Found your way I see.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism

Reply #3
Hi hack.

Reply #4
Hi there, I recall seeing your last (?) thread at ratskept.  Nice for you to find a place where moderation won't piss you off..

Reply #5
I thought you swore off forums? Welcome back. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

No, I just removed myself from the scape for a bit, for various reasons.

And here I am back at the Hotel Don't-Say-I-Didn't-Warn-Ya!

Won't be about much, as I'm hard at work on the book I've been promising for the best part of a decade, but thought I'd pop in and say hi.

Reply #6
Hi there, I recall seeing your last (?) thread at ratskept.  Nice for you to find a place where moderation won't piss you off..

It wasn't the moderation so much as the general tone of the forum. The trolls were taking over, and good contributors were being penalised for responding. This isn't really the fault of the moderation but the structure of the forum. It was set up hastily, simply inheriting the FUA from RDF (I accept some responsibility for that, not least because I was among the instigators for that, but with the understanding that it would be discussed, but it never was). The FUA and its application didn't suit the way the forum evolved, and it manifested in the niggling trolls disrupting what was a pretty good forum, and lots of good contributors leaving, which was my issue.

I'm still in touch with a lot of the members via other channels, though.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life
  • Ridiculous Callipygous

Reply #7
"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."

• Old Dan

Reply #8