Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: it's as if at least two distinct groups of people who have diametrically opposed points of view with completely incompatible underlying assumptions are having an argument. Oh, and for added fun, everyone here seems to believe that everyone else is a disingenuous prick or a complete retard.

Topic: Stevie's Mountaineering Adventures Cont'd (Read 1363 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Stevie's Mountaineering Adventures Cont'd
Reply #25
That's pretty good.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #26
by pretty good you mean hilarious, right?

Reply #27
I dunno. It's kind of cheap humor but I did laugh. The fact that it is possible and they did it is bittersweet funny.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #28
It's not cheap if you're immersed in the mess that is outdoor sports imagery. Those sorts of images are classic advertising and they're pretty sexist and annoying, and a lot of people are frustrated by how ridiculous they are and that a lot of pros play along with it because they depend on sponsorships to survive.  The fact that a gear company like OR came out and said "hey this is sexist, stop doing it" is laudable and pretty surprising.

Reply #29
Especially a crossover company like OR which depends a lot more on imagery and a lot less on reputation of specialty gear quality. This isn't Mammut or Petzl.

Reply #30
Here's my awesome climbing buddy on the approach to base camp with the north aspect of Mt. Baker behind her:

She's too cute to be hanging out with a pinhead.
Inorite!